Granadier Animations and Fireballs

yatta77

Emperor
Wishing someone can help. I downloaded yesterday FFH .23 (last I version I downloaded was .15) and I was shocked by the art. So i wished to add to the wizards of a mini fantasy mod I made for myself a long ago the flaming fireball :D just to put some more flavor in there.

I was quite curious, so I checked in the art and xml files of those units, if I'm correct the grenadier animation is what makes them work. But I couldn't get the same result, even coping all the files of those units unpacking the graphics of that mod, putting the same kfm files, kf files, dds files, and nif files in the folder, and using for the unit the same nif and kfm. The strange thing is that while in FFH those units works well, coping them (also exactly the way they are) in my mod makes the blue glow becomes an ugly pink squared mess. Does someone know why? I'd like to able to create some units with this effect, modifying some Great People and missionaries, and wonder if it is possible. Thanks to anyone would help.

Another question. Someone knows why this line
<SHADERNIF>Art/...</SHADERNIF>
in the ArtDefineUnit file is missing in FFH mod? It is not required?

I found some news about here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=165843
now it seems to work. :) Still I wish I could understand how it does,and how to add those effects to other units I want to make.
If someone wonders about I copied from the FFH mod in my mod:
- Art/Units/Grenadier/Grenadiergrenade.nif
- Assets/XML/Misc/CIV4EffectsInfo.xml
- and the two folder Art/Effects and Art/Shared
I don't know if they are all necessary.
If someone can suggest some other threads about this or give some more info it is really appreciated. Thanks. Yatta77
Edit: I noticed that the color of the light ball lightly changes in base of the civ color ! I wonder if there's a way to have this effect stronger. I want some purple red evil glow!

Top Bottom