Unofficial Patches to Steam Version of BtS

Mon Mauler

Warlord
I did a couple searches, but apparently I must've been searching with the wrong parameters or something. I'm sure this question has been answered before, but maybe someone can give me some help:

Anyway, I downloaded the Steam version of BtS about a week ago. I know I probably shouldn't have, and I may end up buying a hardcopy of the game anyway, but it was late at night, and I didn't want to wait to start playing.

I'm fairly certain the game has been auto-patched to version 3.03. I'm getting most of the normal bugs that are reported about on the forums here. The most frustrating for me is the combat animation bugs, but nothing too serious.

I was thinking of trying to install Dale's Beta patch (which I don't think is included in the Steam download) and/or Solver's patch (which I know isn't included in the Steam download).

I understand these "unofficial" patches will not fix the combat animation issues, but they purportedly fix some other gameplay issues I would like resolved.

I further assume that most if not all of the issues dealt with in Dale's and Solver's patches will be incorporated in the official patch, which should be released in the next month or so, I think.

In the end, my questions are these:
1. Is it possible to download and install Dale's and Solver's patch to the Steam version of BtS as if it were an out-of-the-box copy, is there some other process, or is this not possible?
2. If possible, is it worthwhile to download and install either/both of these patches, or should I simply wait for the next official patch?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
MM

I don't know the steam file structure (which I know is different from the retail version) BUT if you have a CivCoreGame.dll in your BtS directory (most likely under "Assets") you can use Solver's patch and it should not make any problems. FYI the patch has been announced for in about 3 weeks - and if steam is as fast as last time you should be good even earlier ;)

I have the steam version and im using the Solvers patch. Just search for your Assets folder on your Steam directory.

Top Bottom