[BXP][Module] Native Civs Pack for BAT

NikNaks

Deity
Annoyed about the fact that Native America got bundled into one? Thought the Totem Pole was inappropriate? Then I give you:

Native Civs Pack
Requires BAT 3.0.1

This mod-mod replaces the Native American Civ with the Sioux Empire, and adds the Iroquois nation. The Iroquois come with a 3D leaderhead, UU and UB, and a diverse unit artstyle.

Full Change List:
Sioux:
UB: Chief's Hut - Same bonuses as Totem Pole

Iroquois:
Start with Fishing + Agriculture
UU: Brave - Replaces archer - Free Blitz promotion and 25% Forest Attack bonus
UB: Longhouse - Replaces barracks - 5% of food kept after growth and free Woodsman I Promotion for all units
LH: Hiawatha - Agg, Spi

Credits:
Sword_Of_Geddon for the idea and some pedia entries
avain for Varietas Delectat
bernie14 for almost all of the flavor units (including the Querechos)
hrochland for building graphics
mourndraken and Ekmek for the Hiawatha LH
sepamu92 for the Atl-Atl
Amra and Ekmek for the Ostenaco LH
Ekmek for the Geronimo LH
The Capo for the Cochise LH and Apache city list
asioasioasio for the Buttonmaker
gpshaw for various ideas

Coming soon:
Cherokee and Apache updates
More leaders

Nice spreading, NikNaks.

One suggestion tho. Can't you make it so that the AtlAtl still has a 100% defense on barb animals and no attack benefits towards them?
And 5% of food kept for the Longhouse doesn't sound much. In gameterms it means a city must have grown 20 times before a player has an extra population out of it. 10 times with the Granary onboard of course.

So, essentially, a player can have at most 2 times the population benefit out of it for his biggest cities only in a whole game.

This looks pretty cool but it doesn't do anything for me when I try to load it :confused: . I unzip it to :\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods. Make a folder under Mods called Native Americans expanded. Then I go to Advanced and select load mod but it just gives me the standard Bts choices of civilizations, leaders etc . . .

Could someone tell me what I am doing wrong as I would really like to try it out.:help:

Annoyed about the fact that Native America got bundled into one? Thought the Totem Pole was inappropriate? Then I give you:

Native America Expanded v1.0

Replaces the Native American Civ with the Sioux Empire, and adds the Iroquois and Cherokee nations.

Full Change List:
Sioux:
UB: Chief's Hut - Same bonuses as Totem Pole

Iroquois:

UU: Brave - Replaces archer - Free Blitz promotion and 25% Forest Attack bonus
UB: Longhouse - Replaces barracks - 5% of food kept after growth and free Woodsman I Promotion for all units
LH: Hiawatha - Agg, Spi

Cherokee:
UU: Atl-Atl - Replaces scout - +1 Strength, can attack but animal bonus reduced to 25%
UB: Medicine Hut - Replaces granary - adds a small health and culture boost
LH: Ostenaco - Spi, Org

Credits:
Sword_Of_Geddon for the idea and pedia entries
avain for the flavor unit module base
Amra (IIRC) for the Ostenaco LH
PW90 for the Hiawatha LH
sepamu92 for the Atl-Atl
C.Roland for the Native Archer

An atl-atl was Aztec & Mayan

atl-atl are probably the first weapon that people ever created, after the spear was made. All societies on the face of the earth used them until they advanced their technology enough to no longer need them. So if it was around since the Upper Paleolithic (~15-20 thousand years ago) era, I'd guess that all American Indian societies used them at one time...

Well I tried your suggestion and that kind of worked. I could select the Sioux, Cherokee and Iroquois as playable civs and I could go into the Civilopedia and see all the new content but when I tried to actually play a game Civ 4 would give me an error saying this program is closing (reason unknown as far as I can tell) and then it gives me the chance to send an error report to microsoft :mad:

I get a similar error when playing the Revolution with AI barbarian autoplay mod but that one seems to close down civ in the middle of the game for me (on turn 400 for some reason). I don't know :confused: if your mod is flawed or maybe I got some corrupted files or something on my end. Most of the time I can play mods without any problems. I will fool around with it some more this weekend and see if I can figure out the problem

I actually have the same exact error as Jimbo. Not quiet sure what's going on with it, I unloaded it all into the MODS folder, is this correct?

Top Bottom