• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

dl1 -- The Kings of Unfair

dl123654

King
A few days ago I was reading the thread "Boudica of the Romans" an exploit or not and thought that would be a good succession game idea.

Version: :bts: 3.13
Map: Standard size, hemispheres, normal climate, medium water level, normal speed
Difficultly: Depends on the team (Monarch, Emperor)
Special settings: Unrestrictive leaders

Our unfair opponents:

Boudica of Rome: Agg/Cha with Praetorians, early wars with them will be interesting.

Julius Caesar of Holy Roman Empire: Org/Imp with Rathaus, able to expand much farther with quick settlers.

Churchill of Native Americans: Pro/Cha with Totem Poles, archers can start with city defense 3 and drill 1.

Darius I of Portuguese: Fin/Org with Feitorias, gets an extra commerce on water for financial and for their unique building.

Huayna Capac of Germany: Ind/Fin with Assembly Plants, the late game power house.

Bismark of India: Exp/Ind with quick fast workers and lots of wonders.

Of course we will be random civ and leader (dice give us Elizabeth of the Dutch).

Any suggestions for better combinations before we start are welcome

Roster:
dl123654
shyuhe
50 dollar bag
vra379971
Bede
MrFelony

This sounds really funny. I'd like to give it a spin. Either difficulty is fine with me. So long as we don't start next to Boudica of the Romans. And we don't get some completely worthless trait combination.

Sounds like a fun game. I'm kind of over-committed atm so I shall lurk with interest.
Its going to make a big difference who your neighbours are. If you start next to Bismark and Hyuana it would be a lot easier than starting next to Boudica and Churchill.

Looks like we almost have a full team, still room for one more. Will be generating the save tonight. Last chance if anyone wants anything changed.

The standard resource setting. Or we'll be having stalemate after stalemate. And I'd prefer Monarch...

Lurking lurking lurking!

Oh, fun idea! :goodjob:

don't count me in, but i always play tokugawa of Native America on multiplayer, and i find it alot better then churchill. But then again, tokugawa's AI is horrible.

Ok we will find a fifth (or more) along the way

You can't see on top that we are random on monarch and the first AI is Boudica of Rome

Went with hemispheres because it gives a lot of land but there is still water for Darius I (because that would be unfair if there was no water :p ).

Start it up and we get: (maybe its a good thing its hemispheres)

With this start:

Looks like there is tundra in the south west and coast in the east.

Was thinking:
Settling in place
Bronze Working->Masenry
Worker->Warrior (till size 2)->Settler

Will play later tonight

I'll take the shillin', dl.

Lizzie on a lake with stone, sheep and rivers, oh my.

you can count me in. though is the spot actually touching a river? it doesnt look like it to me? oh wait, you can build a dike on a lake can't you? oh wait, looks like bede beat me to it :p. well you can count me as a back up ;)

I prefer AH --> bw if no horses or otherwise masonry. We have sheep - might as well put them to use even if they're not a very good pasture resource. I also don't see any reason to move from the starting square.

Bede said:
I'll take the shillin', dl.
I think thats a sign up, welcome.

50 dollar bag said:
And dikes! So we don't have to move the settler, :D possibly.
Just checked it on a new game and the dike does work with a lake, I never knew that.

50 dollar bag said:
This starts unfair :p
I know, but if we went emperor we would have gotten desert tundra with a barbarian random event on turn 20. Random starts are funny sometimes.

MrFelony said:
you can count me in. though is the spot actually touching a river? it doesnt look like it to me? oh wait, you can build a dike on a lake can't you? oh wait, looks like bede beat me to it :p . well you can count me as a back up ;)
There is no hard coded rule about 5 players, I'm sure no one has any problem if you play. If you want to play your welcome to as well, just let me know. No the river is not on the city, so we will need roads sooner then later.

And on to the game:

Turn 0:
Settle in place
Always looking for new strategies and we don't start with mining (Agr, Fishing) so AH it is, in 12

Turn 3:
Pop a scout

Turn 5:
Boarders expand, my fog gazing was right about the tundra, wrong about the coastline

Turn 7:

IBT:
Scout gets attacked 1 turn from a hut but survives

Turn 8:
Scout finds 53 gold

IBT:
Buddhism FIDL

Turn 9:
Warrior finds 38 gold

Turn 12:
AH is in, set for mining in 7
We have a horse in the first expansion of capital

Turn 13:

IBT:
Lion wins 11.1% odds battle against our warrior on a hill :sad:

Turn 14:

Turn 15:
Worker finished, warrior in 15, growth in 11
Worker moves to work sheep

Turn 16:

IBT:
Hinduism FIDL

Turn 17:

Turn 18:
Mining done, Mas in 8
Worker done, set him to move to horse

Turn 20:
Worker gets to horse, starts the pasture
Scout meets Boudica injured archer, at least there is a lot of jungle between us

Picture Summary:

Ideas:
We have lots of room, not to many resoursces though. We might want to grow to size 3 before settler.

Administrated tasks:
Was thinking 15 turns this round, 10 afterward, if you need a skip swap just say so and of course 24/48 hour pickup/play.

Roster:
dl123654 (just played)
shyuhe (up)
50 dollar bag (in the wing)
vra379971 (next in the wing)
Bede (just joined)
MrFelony (able to play if he wants to)

And of course the Save.

alright i'm in. could you tell if boudica's archer was coming from the west or going west? I would search up north of those gems. we have horses so we could easily send a worker/chariot/settler up there for blockage and with IW, that spot would pay for itself and the high maintenance. though this is monarch and she isn't Joao so we dont have to worry about her expanding very rapidly. as for goal, I think we may want to get the pyramids and run a hybrid economy focusing mainly on SE, but slowly changing up to CE the closer we get to liberalism

alright i'm in. could you tell if boudica's archer was coming from the west or going west? I would search up north of those gems. we have horses so we could easily send a worker/chariot/settler up there for blockage and with IW, that spot would pay for itself and the high maintenance. though this is monarch and she isn't Joao so we dont have to worry about her expanding very rapidly. I think by the time it gets to me, that 10 turn rounds might be fine, but it doesnt really matter.

Top Bottom