Camel Rider (Dec 28, 2007)

Oh my word, this fellow is great! What an inovation! Thank you so much Sandris!

That's a nice-looking unit and more camels are definitely needed. I like his funky shield. The only real problem with it is the run, which looks very odd - camels don't run like that. It's a shame the camel doesn't do anything in the death too, but then it's terribly difficult to make mounts fall over convincingly.

This is great! I agree with Plotinus about more camel units being needed, I was going to request some soon ;)
For your next one you might try a more non-eastern look, in case non eastern civs get the camel resource. One for each culture group would be so cool, same thing for elephants :)

It's great, Sandris, though I agree with Plotinus regarding the leg movements. The camel Rob had to use in Anno Domini for the Nabataeans drives me crazy...speaking of falling over, he looks like he's walking at a 30 degree angle, so this one is a vast improvement, even with the walk.

I`m totally agree with Plotinus about run & death animations, which are the result of the lack of my inspiration and time. Though, I`m ready to modify them as far as I get something better, maybe using some advices, suggestions, samples or files from you. So, just call it version # 1.0 :)

He is brilliantly good.

Holy Christmasness...this makes me not care that you didnt release a Russian Musketman...Camel units are GREAT!!!

I agree on the run, tho I like your take on the death...the run should be more "bumpy"...camels are not a smooth ride...Also, "Generic" camel units would be great(Asian, Meso/Latino, African, Mediterranean) ...as well as Cavalry style units as well :)...

Has a similar top camel rider with a rifle been made.

Thinking about those pesky fellows that attacked the Foreign Legion late 19th century up to WW1. Would be great for Carthage in early modern times (that would be Algeria, Tunisia) and of course Arabia. Perhaps even Egypt...

Sandris , your units have reached a top top class and given more variations that is just SUPER THANKS

Beautiful Camel unit Sandris! Great job!

Top Bottom