Denmark (Modular)

strategyonly

C2C Supreme Commander
This was done by personal request.

Added Zervers: Pikeman, Longbowman, Knight, Maceman, and Crossbowman, eff 14 May.

The Kingdom of Denmark commonly known as Denmark, is a country situated in the Scandinavian region of northern Europe. It is the southernmost of the Nordic countries.

Added Berserker UU, new Mech Inf, Galley, Gunship, and a few cosmetic changes also. eff 9 am, 3 May. fixed the church also (forgot the btn)

download here: http://files.filefront.com/Denmarkrar/;10223399;/fileinfo.html

Leaders: Canute and Christian IV and added Margrete I

Canute was a Viking king of England and Denmark, and Norway, and of some of Sweden.

Christian IV was King of Denmark and Norway.

Margrete I Queen of Denmark, Norway and Sweden

Spoiler :
Nordfeldt for coming up with the ideas for, and Zerver /bernie14 / danrell / avain/mamba/
Roamty/Darque/AlazkanAssassin/GarretSidzaka/Andrew_JayQuueg/
meatwad4289/Kael and FfH2 Team/CivGoldTeam/Duel/Chugginator/civmansam
Supa/ArneoKerdarun/Zuul/MeteorPunch/Rabbit,White/Chalid/bmarnz/
Aranor/Wyz_sub10/snafusmith/C.Roland/woodelf/GarretSidzaka/
Robo Magic Man/TheBladeRoden/krowtrobot/seZereth/PSYX/
J_Period/Ploeperpengel/Chamaedrys/nautil/Hadrean/sepamu92/sharick/
ggganz/Italicus/ArdRaeiss/Hell's Angel/McGlocklinMA/mirtan/
Cafegio/korvgubben/The Conquests/Chiyu/hrochland/Khai/
Swarog/Walter Hawkwood/Fëanor/Nickolai/Axel/Mozza/bmarnz/
Bakuel/Gedemon/Grave/Zebra 9/bhiita/GeneralMatt/Houman/
Edgecrusher/timboobaa/Polycrates/FuzzyWuzzyBunny/asioasioasio/
siam/jojoweb/lamppost4/Sevo/Quueg/meatwad4289/Dale/avain/
dutchking/Psychic_Llamas/frenchman/PW90/GigaNerd/Dr. Funkshadow/
GIR/esnaz/winddelay/Amra/esnaz/

looks good :) Btw, people from Denmark are referred to as Danes and they are Danish (looking at the intro text for the leaders). Considering that Christian IV fought many wars and was responsible for a lot of building projects in Copenhagen (almost all the famous landmark buildings in Copenhagen were built by him) I'd say his traits should be Aggressive and Industrialistic.

Man you are good!!!!!
I know I already ask you to create modern RuSSia,but can I have one last request for you????
I would wreally like to see a good argentina civ,so if you have time to do I would wreally appreciate that!!!!!
take care!!!!:p

Man you are good!!!!!
I know I already ask you to create modern RuSSia,but can I have one last request for you????
I would wreally like to see a good argentina civ,so if you have time to do I would wreally appreciate that!!!!!
take care!!!!:p

Well lets put it this way, there already if a Inca civ, a Aztec Civ, a Mapuche Civ, and a South American Civ. That isnt enough civs???:confused:

Kristian95: In his youth they say could be, but in his latter years this is what is what they said "His own pleasure, whether it took the form of love or ambition, was always his first consideration."
But i do not live there and i have no idea, so if anyone else from there can give some advise would be nice, thx. If one more person from there says that they like those traits better, then , done. And thx for commenting.

Thank you so much for this! It looks great, you have made Civ4 complete for me :king:

I can think of a few "cosmetic" things that could be changed if you have the time.

1. I agree with Kristian95 that Christian IV should be Aggressive and Industrialistic, but that is my fault, I forgot to mention.

2. Perhaps make Canute Imperialistic instead of Creative, considering the great empire he was king of at the time.

3. Can you change or delete the swedish flags on the modern inf. units' upper arms? I don't know if you are permitted to do so by the unit maker, but it would be really cool if you could.

4. The UU church building doesn't seem to display properly... maybe it's something I'm doing wrong?

5. Is it possible to have the Viking voices/sounds instead of the English?

It's minor things and I understand if you haven't got the time :) I'm gonna enjoy it very much still.

Other than that, PERFECT :goodjob: The units are awsome!

Thanks for this, strategyonly :)
And good choice of leaders.

I strongly support Nordfeldt in his quest for tweaks. Christian IV was definitely a builder - so much that he nearly bankrupted the country and became the most (in)famous of Danish kings.

You might consider Spiritual, Organized for Canute IV, look at his Wiki site, the paragraph starting "Through his reign, Canute brought together the English and Danish kingdoms, and the people saw a golden age of dominance across Scandinavia, as well as within the British Isles"

I'd also like to suggest the Viking Beserker as UU for the Danes. We also had a large navy for quite a while (until around 1800) and has been a naval trading nation for a long time as well.

Thanks for this, strategyonly :)
And good choice of leaders.

I strongly support Nordfeldt in his quest for tweaks. Christian IV was definitely a builder - so much that he nearly bankrupted the country and became the most (in)famous of Danish kings.

You might consider Spiritual, Organized for Canute IV, look at his Wiki site, the paragraph starting "Through his reign, Canute brought together the English and Danish kingdoms, and the people saw a golden age of dominance across Scandinavia, as well as within the British Isles"

I'd also like to suggest the Viking Beserker as UU for the Danes. We also had a large navy for quite a while (until around 1800) and has been a naval trading nation for a long time as well.

Thank Nordfeldt, he's the one that came up with the idea of (some) units and stuff. I just put it together.

Sure thing about the navy, just tell me what units that are on CFC and i will be glad to put them in.;)

Now if i put in the berserker, i will have to take out a unit???? Or make him less effective with strength ?? ideas??

Nordfeldt: I have all your choices done, except those i have in the PM for question? PM me soon, thx. PS i havent looked into the church thing yet, idea what is wrong??

So Nordfeldt will have to comment on the proposal of using Organized for Canute? Let's hear it.

Why do you have to take out a unit? As far as I could see, there is no Danish UU in the Civ you first uploaded.

I'll have to look into that navy thing. It may not be relevant.

Thx strategyonly, Iv'e PM you about my (hopefully) last requests :D

and thx for the input RobO. I think you have a good point about making Canute organized, after all it was his father who built the empire while Canute kept it together.

As for the navy I completely agree with you RobO, but the problem is that there simply aren't many Danish/Nordic looking ship units on CFC, Iv'e managed to locate a longboat though :viking: this and the Beserker as UU would be awsome!

Iv'e asked strategyonly to include either the Stryker (as it look like the Piranha III in DK service) or the Swedish Combat 90 Vehichle (which DK is currently negotiating to buy) as Mech inf.

And the Eurocopter Tiger as gunship (it's not canon (yet, and might never be), but I like the Civs to be differentiated).

This and the changes mentioned above, and I think this Civ would be complete :king:

Thx again strategyonly

Btw I'm advocating for zappara to include the Denmark Civ in his RoM mod http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=269 any support from my fellow Danes would be appreciated :)

The reason i would have to take a unit out is because, i already have everything included, ie swordsman etc,only one i didnt make was a HorseArcher, i supposed i could replace that with the Berserker, if you'll want.???

I don't understand. Go with Nordfeldts suggestions or ask him.

I can only have one unit per space, so i would have to replace the swordsman/ axeman/maceman with the berserker, otherwise there would be two and civ4 wont let you do that. Unless you want to make him a in between unit of one of these but with what strength then?

I have all the other changes already done and waiting.

I would say go with the beserker instead of the horse archer... more of a danish unit.

OK, i think i have all the changes incorporated, i hope, let me know guys and thx for the help and advise from everyone!!!:p

Top Bottom