Denmark (Modular)

Why is the unique building just one of the standard buildings, exactly?

Why is the unique building just one of the standard buildings, exactly?

If your talking about the church, it was made special for Denmark, and not a standard building, sorry.:rolleyes:

Good idea for a civ! Christian is definitely the best of the three leaderheads. (If I integrate this into a mod, I will probably just use that one leaderhead.)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good UU or UB? I am inclined to think that the UU should be a ship of some kind -- perhaps a galley with increased range?

Good idea for a civ! Christian is definitely the best of the three leaderheads. (If I integrate this into a mod, I will probably just use that one leaderhead.)

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good UU or UB? I am inclined to think that the UU should be a ship of some kind -- perhaps a galley with increased range?
Galley is way too early. A Danish ship UU should be localized around the 1600's or 1700's.
Check out the Danish civ included in zapparas addon pack. It has a weird flag, but also a decent UU. I think the leader abilities are wrong in that one, but that's another issue.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    205.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    180.2 KB · Views: 250
I don't see how the UB for this civ is any differrent than the regular christian church building though?

my Danish friend suggests either a particularly grand sort of church, or some kind of special Harbor, since Copenhagen was built for trading, and it's name even means something to that effect.

my Danish friend suggests either a particularly grand sort of church, or some kind of special Harbor, since Copenhagen was built for trading, and it's name even means something to that effect.

OK sounds good to me, just let me know on CFC where to look at what you want and i will try and get it in the game ok, all people have to do is ask, ok.;)

A souped-up customs house could also be appropriate. Denmark raked tons of cash from collecting tolls from ships passing through the narrow strait between Denmark and Sweden. If you didn't pay, bye-bye ships.

I took this as a favor to my danish friend and adapted it to work with Rise of Mankind, added a Huskarl UU to replace the Knight ( using the knight graphic here so it's not wasted.. it looks nice) and I replaced the "international port" building from RoM with Maersk Line.

I'll edit this post in a second with crosslink.. want to be sure credit's spread around properly.. so sleepy.

three tries and I can't get civfanatics to take it?

growl

I took this as a favor to my danish friend and adapted it to work with Rise of Mankind, added a Huskarl UU to replace the Knight ( using the knight graphic here so it's not wasted.. it looks nice) and I replaced the "international port" building from RoM with Maersk Line.

I'll edit this post in a second with crosslink.. want to be sure credit's spread around properly.. so sleepy.

three tries and I can't get civfanatics to take it?

growl

You all know that Next Fantasy War, ROM is the base for it right??:rolleyes:

A screenshot is the simplest way to describe it

Okay, but how is this different from the regular Cuirassair?

Why make the UU a berserker, the vikings already have that in warlords, it would be a shame! An idea for a UU with inspiration taken from Medieval Total War could be the "Obudshaer" problably an english version of the danish "Opbudshær" meaning "Drafted Army", a levy unit armed with halberd, or swordstaffs (a weapon unique for Scandinavia) this is just ideas for gameplay variations. otherwise go for a unit like longboats, the superior naval vessels used by viking era Danes, which enabled them to traverse great sea distances, including the passage to America.

If you would like a leaderhead (I know you've already got three) you could go for the Prime minister of Denmark during the early WWII, Thorvald Stauning, widely considered one of Denmark's greatest prime ministers, Traits could be Cultural, protective? Try Wiki'ing him. But this is just a propsition :D, I like your current Leaderheads very much!

Ideas for UB:
Runestones instead of monuments
Longhouse instead of barracks
Danevirke instead of City walls

For UU why not Pramm?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pram_(ship)
There's nothing particularly Danish about it I guess... but it is from the right time, and reflects Denmarks naval history, so could perhaps replace the Galleon.
Similarly, why not some kind of naval base, to replace the harbour or dry dock?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_navy
"The first record of a dedicated naval base is Bremerholmd (later Gammelholm) in the year 1500."
Again, a naval base isn't itself uniquely Danish, but does reflect Denmarks naval history and it can be later than the Vikings.

UB should be "Windmill Park" which is a replacement for hydro plant that doesn't require rivers to be built. Maybe adding 1 or 2 engineer slots too.

Alternatively, "Torv" as a replacement for marketplace or grocer, not sure about the bonuses though.

As a side note, I think mixing the Danish and the Vikings too much should be avoided, they should be distinct as Denmark wasn't "really" a kingdom before the times of Gorm the Old and Harald Bluetooth and we already have the Vikings in the game.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom