Megalopolis

Sebastian Piotr

Chieftain
What do you think about creation a new level in city development: Megalopolis? In modern era/future era when your cities has size above 20 and area between them is urbanized it will be nice if this cities can create one mega-city with ONE screen to manage with production and development. Also this give us opportunity to create new buildings and wonders for megalopolis e.g. Apartments towers (new Babel Tower ;) ), super speed trains, etc, etc. to build. I think it will be much more easier to control a civilization on this level. Many times in modern era/future era I had more than 20 cities to control and it was always problematic. Easier is control 5 megalopolis than 20 cities.

What do you think? Who will be able to create this kind of mod?

Cool idea. Sounds rather complicated for a mod tho.

I think it would be a better idea if towns planted could become extensions of cities after, for example, 50-100 turns as a town. The city should, in my opinion, allow the additional 4 squares to be worked when the city reaches like >25 population.

I think it would be a better idea if towns planted could become extensions of cities after, for example, 50-100 turns as a town. The city should, in my opinion, allow the additional 4 squares to be worked when the city reaches like >25 population.

Good idea, this would correctly show how growing cities absorb the areas around them. However I don't know how this would affect gameplay and balance.

P.S. What's a Megalopolis?

Yes but sometimes when I am located on island where I haven't to many space my citied are located very near. Everyone know how "city fields" look like. City in center end control area is spread max two fields arround the city. In my idea Megalopolis will be created after when city absorb all areas from basic city field and cannot grown (add new teritories) because will be sourronded by anoter cities. The will be able to create one Megalopolis control all cities and be able to absorb ne teritories around Megalopolis.

Its when you get half a million pop in SimCity (which I was never able to do:() but that would be to easy for Civ.

What do you think? Who will be able to create this kind of mod?

Sebastian Piotr,

Rule number 1 of "good ideas" is that if you're not willing to do it yourself, it probably won't happen. If I had a nickle for every good idea I had, but never acted on...

I don't have any knowlage or skill with programing ;(. But... maybe (I'm not sure) is good idea create something like "Ideas Market" when people can put their ideas for new mods for this whose can create them but they haven't nothig in mind at this moment?

I don't have any knowlage or skill with programing ;(. But... maybe (I'm not sure) is good idea create something like "Ideas Market" when people can put their ideas for new mods for this whose can create them but they haven't nothig in mind at this moment?

Sebastian Piotr,

I remember a kid I met in my Freshman year of high school. I taught him how to do basic programming on his TI-85 calculator. I even showed him how to make it do the quadratic formula and display both answers! He asked me about all sorts of questions, and I told him what I had known, and showed him, in his instruction manual that came with his calculator, what all of the functions did.

One Monday he came into class with a big smile on his face. He showed me his calculator, laid it sideways, and showed me his creation. He had programmed pong onto his calculator over the weekend! :eek: It was a very rudimentary version of pong, where the ball could only hit each paddle on one of 3 spaces (left, middle, or right) however it was still pong!

He now programs for a living.

All this started because he had a good idea, and sat down and taught himself how to do it. Don't be discouraged just because you don't know how to do something; use it as motivation to learn something new!

Top Bottom