Favorite Civilization game?

Favorite?

• Total voters
Wow this is turning to be quite a blowout for Civ3.

Good to know I'm not the only one that felt Civ4 was a letdown, despite its many imporvements on what is essentially a Civ3 game in 3D.

They gimped too many things that made Civ3 enjoyable.

I loved WW2 and Rome scenarios in civ 2. Civ 3 is superior to civ 4 because easy modding.

civ 3, played it for three years constantly
civ 4 is good but not that good, played it for 3 month

no other game has held my attention over such a long period of time like civ3. other than starcraft, of course...

Civilization III: Conquests is one of the greatest games ever made

Civilization I for the Super Nintendo is the easiest to play I'd say, the only downside is that it's for the SNES so it doesn't have online play like the PC/Mac ones do.

Civ3 for me. I have played it since it came out, back in 2001 I think. Civ4 just doesn't appeal to me. I tried it and it just didn't grab me.

I still play civ3 quite alot, I try and compete in the Gotm/Cotm competitions when I have time, play a few PBEM's and I have a few games in the HOF. Civ3 is probably my favourite game of all computer games (closely followed by HOMM3).

Scratcher

I liked civ2 and still do. The simple graphics are actually a good thing because they don't take up much space and don't clutter the map so it's easier to see everything.

Also some changes to the in later versions made the game less enjoyable for me. Not allowing the player to use enemy roads causes campaigns to be really slow so war is a real chore. I don't like advancing one tile at a time. I also miss zones of control because they made garrisoning the border much more feasible.

Close between civ III and IV. I chose Civ IV just because I can found Christianity and convert everybody :mwaha:. Plus GPs are genius :goodjob: !

Civ II Gold was best.
Test of Time was super-lame.

Top Bottom