[BtS] Aybraus's Pitboss

Aybraus

Chieftain
GAME STARTED

If you need help connecting talk to aybraus@msn.com or email me.
Check out the game progress on CivStats.com

===================================================

Number of players - Granted, this is probably going to be determined by the number of people who post in this thread, but still input would be nice.
Speed - Normal
Map - PerfectWorld.py, Huge, starting on Old World.
Options - No tech trading, city gifting, perm alliances, or vassalage. Barbs, huts, events, on.
Difficulty - Emperor
Peak time - Meaning, when we all get online. I'm a high school student in California, so in GMT, I can play any time from 0300 to 0600 onward any day except Friday. Also, I can play from 1500-1800 on Saturday and Sunday.
Manners - No wars until 3000BC, no double moving in wars.
Turns - Simultaneous turns with a 14 25-hour limit sound good?

Players:
Aybraus - Sitting Bull
Zekrazey1 - Elizabeth
Rusten - Pacal II
Quotey - Justinian
Elkad - Hannibal
Whiplash - Hyuna Capac
Slaze - Random
Ozyar - Victoria
Levgre - Ragnar
Classical Hero - Gilgamesh
Ronnie1 - Catherine
Munro - Willhem van Oranje
IanDC - Random
DanDRidge - Wilhem van Oranje
Hoplosternum - Mansa Musa

Doubt many would be willing to play with a 14 hours limit but i am up for it... If this is a normal game or a ffh game will make alot of things different though... I really don't like tech trading in mp as it is quite unbalancing so i would like to have this swtiched off. Also vassal states don't belong in game between humans and should probably be swtiched off as they can only lead to abuse. I don't like goodie huts or barbs because i feel they are unbalancing. I am fine with permanent alliances and random events on even though playing with permanent alliances might be quite weird, especially on a smaller map... What is perfectworld.py? I like normal speed myself. As for manners i would like to include no gifting of cities while you are in war to a party that is not at war with whoever you are at war with(to bump out the attacking party's units), and in general people should avoid things that can be considered exploits. I think no double moves in war will be almost impossible to enforce with 14 hours time limit(this means that each player have on average 7 hours to take his turn in war, with work and/or sleep this is not really possible)...

I am interested. But I agree with most of what oyzar says.

14 hour turns is usually doable but it won't be combined with double moving in war for most people. And that is very important if you don't want the lameness of double moving which dominate wars if allowed.

And it will mean a lot of missed turns. These are not crucial outside of war but are in war time. When people are enthusiastic at the start it may work but it is a long game and many of the players will realise from fairly early on they are unlikley to win this one. You don't want them missing turns half the time otherwise you are better off playing the AI. Unless you have an unusual set of players Pitboss rarely runs smoothly under a 24 hour cycle so a timer of 20 - 24 hours would be better IMO. It also allows you to enforce the no double move rule fairly which is a good thing. But I am happy to give 14 hours a try if you are really hooked on it.

I like events on. There is a killer early event (one of the early barb uprisings is usually fatal in mp as you can't afford to be cautious enough to play for it). So if you do play with this it is quite likely someone will be knocked out by this event. Only one of the barb uprising events comes too early to be handled. The others are simply annoying and can hurt the unwary. But the very early one has knocked out a nation in two of the games I have played with events on (which I think is out of a sample size of 3).

Normal is a good speed for Pitboss. I prefer Epic single player but I think normal is OK in Pitboss to keep the game moving.

I definitely agree with no tech trading. It just makes the game tech much too fast. And while it does make you use diplomacy, it is so essential that anyone locked out of the tech alliances is out.

I also don't know the map.

Personally I prefered standard crowding rather than a lot of crowding. Being very close to neighbours just increases the luck factor and further favours early UUs.

FFH is very different but I am sure you will get plenty of interest in that. I am interested in ffh or normal bts.

Barb events were changed in 3.17 so they are no longer as bad..

Personally i like fairly spaced maps with alot of rooms to expand but i am fine with whatever...

I'll also be interested in both types(normal or ffh).

*slams gavel*
It's decided then. Standard spacing, no tech trading, and 25 hour turns. Everything else--still up for discussion.

As for the PerfectWorld question, it's one of my favorite mods. It creates a terra map, only based on tectonics simulation. The maps are beautiful but merciless, as there are large deserts and the "New World" is very difficult to settle without a group effort.

25 hours is more like 30 hours of real time.. I would feel more comfortable playing 20 hours which is close to 24 hours real time(with 12 hours to move when moving first in a turn to avoid double moves, or maybe rollbacks if this is not possible). You pretty much need to decide if you want to play ffh or not, as people will base their signup on that...

I'm interested. but what is ffh?

I would definately prefer that the game have session times predetermined before sign up. I am self-employed and can play just about anytime I like but most people have more restricted time schedules.

The 5 of us could probably work out on a 14 hour schedule where we just reload anytime a double move would happen... Would be better than playing 20+ hours imo..

I'm interested. i like the 20 hr timer. No tech trading? how about no tech brokering?

what made you like tech trading? :p

I'm in this current game where I'm about to get feudalism up on everybody but when I'll trade it away for metal casting and construction I know the whole world will have it before long. Man, it'd be so much nicer if I could dictate who gets feudalism and who doesn't.

I'm in this current game where I'm about to get feudalism up on everybody but when I'll trade it away for metal casting and construction I know the whole world will have it before long. Man, it'd be so much nicer if I could dictate who gets feudalism and who doesn't.

Or even better if you couldn't abuse tech trading alliances at all imo :p. Obviously no brokering is better than no restrictions at all but no tech trading is even better as you can still form backbreaking tech allinaces which aren't very fun...

I know, tech trading is great because it makes synergy. But I agree that it would be FAR too easy to abuse.
If only there was a mod that made it so that giving a technology only gives the person like 50% of the "test tube" for that technology.

If you can get FFH (Fall From Heaven mod) to work I'd be all over that. I just did some experimenting in Pitboss with it and hit some showstoppers. The main one being repeated OOS errors after the very first login.

Bernout

Doubt a ffh game is doable in pitboss though.. you would have to go to pbem for that...

Top Bottom