An ultimate futuristic cityset

Zerver

CIV4 Unit-Maker
http://forums.civfanatics.com/./downloads.php?do=file&id=10079

This is my first city graphics, and, I thing, not the last...
For the modders-begginers and those, who has just learned how to add units, leaders, civs,
etc: adding cityset I think, is one of the most difficult operations in XML modding.
I remember when I was trying to add my first downloaded cityset, and only after few days I had
at least some "understation" of how to do it. I don't know about any tutorial about that stored round here,
but adding a futuristic city is possible for 100%. Maybe I'll make the tutorial, if there is none of it.

Buildings are nice - but the textures have absolute paths (won't work for anyone who doesn't have it installed in "c:\program files\firaxis games\sid meier's civilization 4\beyond the sword\assets\art\structures\cities\futuristic zp\zpfc.dds".

Also, try using dark grey rather than pure black on the dark sections. Actual black doesn't work with shadowing at all so it damages the illusion of 3D for whatever you use it on - it looks too flat.

I fixed the absolute paths (made them relative) and did a blanket "Brightness+25/Contrast+15" on the texture. The texture is still a little "iffy" as it's still just a filter over the flat black, but it will shadow better now.

Attachments

• ZerverFutureCityset.rar
    494.5 KB · Views: 126
  • ZerverCity.jpg
    ZerverCity.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 582
very creative, using Final Frontiers Space Ship Models as skyscrapers :)

I seem to agree with the majority here, the buildings are too dark. Nice set otherwise.

Spoiler :

So here is my take on it with just adjusting some colors.

You can get the file here

Personally I believe it still is too dark (the walls in particular, imo the glass fronts are fine), but beyond this point I would need to do some actual editing and not just changing curves

Dont worry, I will upload lots of reskins and new models! This is "demo version".
Yeah, Ive used FF ships as houses. Thanks for help and attention! :)

Top Bottom