The ew JNES - The Civil War

Welcome to the new JNES2! It is placed in the time of the Civil war, with a few additions! The Alaskans (or Eskimos) and the Iroquois are still around and serve as a playable nations, as well as the Canadians. The Iroquois are posed a little further north then historically correct, but that is for fairness. As of now, the Union is not at war with the Confederacy, but are on VERY harsh terms with, as well as both of the American nations are with the natives.

MOVEMENTS
It is the same as UKNES2/3 and JNES. Each army can move on land per turn, and each navy one sea per turn.

FIGHTING
I have a system for fighting, but doubt anyone cares to hear about it. But, if someone asks I will post it here. If a province has a town or barracks in it, the defense is raised by one.

NEW MOVE: BOMBARDMENT
You may now bombard a coast with your fleets! This is how it works: A fleet may approach a province adjacent to the sea that the fleet is in, then the fleet can bombard. This is not the same as a land battle, however. A bombardment may only attack provinces with a town/barracks/docks in it. If the bombardment is successful, then one army (if any) in that province and/or one structure in the province is destroyed. A fleet can only bombard once a turn.

MONEY
You gain money from the amount of provinces you have x 3, or 3g per province. Towns can be built for 10g and generate 5g for that province each turn. You may build a docks or barracks in the town once you have one, but it IS NOT mandatory this time to have a town in order to build barracks/docks.

PROVINCES
When claiming a province, you need to move a army into it and build a settlement, or in this case pay 3g (very good idea, Nem!). Once the province is claimed, then you may building towns/barracks/docks in it.

BARRACKS AND DOCKS
You may construct a barracks in any province for 15g. You also may construct a dock in any province you wish for 15g, as long as it is a coastal one. If you already have a town in a province you wish to construct a dock/barracks in, the dock/barracks only cost 10g.

LOADING/UNLOADING
You may load an army (up to 4) onto one fleet in an adjacent sea. At the same turn, the fleet may unload the army into another adjacent land province, or move to another sea. When the fleet needs to move to another sea, it must wait a turn. The next turn, the fleet may unload and the move to another sea, load another army (but cannot unload the same turn), or bombard.
TRADING
This trading system was given to me by Uknemesis (with one minor detail that was added by me):
You get a +1g from every nation that borders you by land, as that is trading. You msut be connected to the other nation, and share a common border. To trade through sea, you must construct a trading fleet, which cost 3g and can be used over and over and is depicted as a colored circle in the water. You must load goods from a dock and either unload the load in another nation’s dock or capital. Trading vessels do not have any attack or defense value, and can only move one sea at a time.

NATIONS:
The Union – Capital 25 Trade/Warrior
The Confederacy – Capital 38 Uknemesis
Navajo – Capital 30 RoddyVR
Mexico – Capital 44 Kennelly
Columbia – Capital 53 open
Iroquois – Capital 21: Toasty
Canada – Capital 9 open
Eskimos (Alaskans) – Capital 3 Dexter
Vikings – Capital 56 IceEye

How much are armies and fleets to build and also how much gold do you have to start with?

BTW, I shall join as the Eskimos if that is alright?

Thanks

Nous ne pas des Iroquois! Nous a les Quebecois!

:rolleyes:.

I doubt that's correct French, but I'll join as the Quebecois. I'll think up a name later...

i'll join as the Navajo.

33 to 60 is a cross border, can that be walked by an army?
how often is the update gonna be?
how much gold do we start with?
do armies need upkeep?
can i build a town and a barrack at the same time?
i assume towns cant build armies. right?
can allies give ROP rights?

can armies/fleets of different nations (not at war) coexist in same area? if yes then whats the minimum agreement required: peace, nap, dpp, mpp???

if 100 armies attack 100 armies, what happens? ei in UKNES3 both will lose about 50 and the attacker will retreat. is it like that or do they fight to the end?

is there a militia in the provinces?

sorry for all the questions, i just figured better all (or a lot) in one post then a few pages of these questions. :)

MMMMMMMMMMexico!!! (to quote das)

do you need attack/docks to build armys/fleets and how much are they a piece? How much do you start with? Do you start with a town?

Address of Jean St. Pierre de Quebec
Let it be known that Quebec lays claim to Rue Laurent (18), Nova Scotia (24), Newfoundland (23), Labrador (22), Peninsule d'Ungava (19), and Caniapiscau (20), along with her capital, Kebec (21). any violation of these claims is to be considered a declaration of war, and we will not hesitate to secure our provinces through military means.

Ok, all the good questions in one post, good job Roddy!

33 to 60 is a cross border, can that be walked by an army?
I am not sure what you mean by this, as they are 2 seas away. You might have had a typo, but if not, no, an army can not cross without a transportation by a fleet.

how often is the update gonna be?
The update will be daily, usually in the evening California time (PST)

how much gold do we start with?
You start with 5g

do armies need upkeep?
Like in UKNES3, each army/fleet cost 1g per turn to keep

can i build a town and a barrack at the same time?
In the same province, no. In two seperate provinces, yes.

i assume towns cant build armies. right?
No, towns can not build armies, with the exception of your capital.

can allies give ROP rights?
Yes, they may. It must be agreed on both parts and renewed every turn (meaning you state it in your orders)

can armies/fleets of different nations (not at war) coexist in same area? if yes then whats the minimum agreement required: peace, nap, dpp, mpp???
Fleets may coexist in the same sea if the nations are not at war. Armies can coexist i nthe same province ONLY with a ROP between the nations.

if 100 armies attack 100 armies, what happens? ei in UKNES3 both will lose about 50 and the attacker will retreat. is it like that or do they fight to the end?
Unless specified otherwise, the armies will fight to the death.

is there a militia in the provinces?
Militia is only present when there is a town.

*Oh, and every structure is destroyed in a provicne if it is conquored.

Cheif Waakka of the Eskimos:
Our people lay claim to the lands of Provinces 5, 6, 4, 59, 2 & 1. We hope that these lands can be aquired peacefully.

Oh, and IceEye:
You start with a town/Barrack and/or dockyard all in your capital. You start with 5g. Armies cost 3g, fleets 5g.

ill be canada then * hopes no one else has taken 'em*

that question about cross borders, i screwed up the numbers,
i meant from 30 to 66, or 4 to 7 is same thing.

Hey I'll take Columbia

No one minds if I'm Pablo Edwenza (famous drug lord).

The Cartel of Columbia claims 41 42 43 48 50 52 55. I hope to sign a Latin Pact with Mexico.

Top Bottom