Customizing CFC

Till

Adventurer
Customizing CFC

As requested, a thread about greasemonkey scripts for CFC. All of these scripts require the Greasemonkey extension for Firefox. After greasemonkey has been installed, the scripts can be loaded by clicking on the installation links posted bellow. Zelig has found a link on how to possibly make them work with Opera. See here.

Improved ignore function (for threads and users):

The script adds links to threads and users, which allow you to completely remove them from sight. Check
this thread for more info.
installation link

Replace embedded Youtube videos:

Replaces embedded youtube videos with links.
installation link

Place thread starters in a separate column:

Moves the link to the thread starter menu into its own column
installation link

Remove the social bookmarking bar:
No further explanation necessary, i hope.
installation link

Add page links to member listing of social groups:

Adds page links to the top of the group member page
installation link

Increase width of Quickreply box:

Lets the quickreply make use of all available width.
installation link

Hide infractions from User Account page:
Disables the display of infractions on the user account page. Note: This does not actually remove the infractions and won't hide them from anybody but yourself!
installation link

Move tags bellow quickreply box:

Moves the tag bar bellow the quickreply box.
installation link

Wider personal message text area:

Makes use of all available space for the PM composition text area.
installation link

Duplicate Youtube Link Remover:

Removes the superfluous "Link to Video".
installation link

Bug reports and feature requests are welcome!

Greasemonkey scripts generally work with Opera as well.

See this link on how to set them up in Opera: http://my.opera.com/Contrid/blog/2007/02/11/how-to-greasemonkey-in-opera

I've tested the following scripts in Opera, if I motivate myself, I'll rig up the rest to work as well.

You should add the thread link to your signature!

A script that removes the "Latest Infractions Received" in User CP would be nice

Thanks, folks! (Kan: You'll be even more impressed when you see your computer transform into...argh... must not spoil the surprise)

GVBN: I'm going to need an user page with infractions as template...

The only way you'll be able to see another user's infractions is if you log in as them. That is, of course, against the rules. Or I could infract you....

Besides, you couldn't actually delete them. You could remove them from the page, but you don't have access to the db to erase them. And, of course, the threads that are created when an infraction is given.

I don't have a problem with a script to "remove infractions from the UserCP", but it seems rather pointless to me. You can't see other's infractions. These scripts only affect what you see while you're logged on. All it would do is keep your own infractions from being visible to you.

:confused:

Or somebody with infractions could save the source of their user page for Till to use.

Personally I'm content to collapse it. I wouldn't want to have to disable the script every time I need to check something.

I thought it was obvious that changes are only visible on your browser. That was the point, after all; beeing able to tweak the layout of CFC according to personal taste, without having to bother Thunderfall about it (and avoiding longwinded arguments on whether the tweak is an improvement for the general public or not ;) ).

Lucy already explained what i meant with a template.

I thought it was obvious that changes are only visible on your browser. That was the point, after all; beeing able to tweak the layout of CFC according to personal taste, without having to bother Thunderfall about it (and avoiding longwinded arguments on whether the tweak is an improvement for the general public or not ;) ).

Lucy already explained what i meant with a template.

Still need the source for a page with infractions? Just tell me what you need specifically.

TILL YOU ARE AMAZING!

Any way to remove fix width?

Till, the move thread starter script seems to destroy the private message inbox. I think just changing the pages it works on should do the job, shouldn't it?

edit: restricting it to forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay* seems to do the trick.

Top Bottom