Ski Patrol

achilleszero

Emperor
Requested by Kathy (many many times).
SkiPatrol1.JPGSkiPatrol2.JPG
Modern soldier with ski gear and winter gear. Uses Navy SEAL animation. By default has no team color showing (hard to stay camoflauged in the snow with bright orange skiis), but in alternate texture folder there textures that allow it. There are two kinds, one that gives team color on the body, and then one that makes the skiis team colored. All are seperate textures so you could have it on both meshes as well. Simply drop whichever one you want (or both) into main folder and you will have team color.

Also everything is its own mesh, so you could easily rip it off and do whatever you want with it.

Possible Team color configurations:
TeamColor_Body_Only.JPGTeamColor_Skiis_Only.JPGTeamColor_body&Skiis.JPG

Download Ski Patrol

Looks cool! :goodjob:
I wonder though: the unit has 660 more triangles than the Navy SEAL. Where are those polygons going to?

I wonder though: the unit has 660 more triangles than the Navy SEAL. Where are those polygons going to?

Really, achilleszero is the optimization guru. Perhaps he is slipping :crazyeye:

It's the paratrooper body with the head, weapon and walkie-talkie of the Navy SEAL.
And all the ski equipment comes on top of that.

Thanks!
Strange. The paratrooper doesn't seem more complex than other infantry units, yet still has 4-500 polygons more than other units. :confused:

Thanks!
Strange. The paratrooper doesn't seem more complex than other infantry units, yet still has 4-500 polygons more than other units. :confused:
Can't check that right now, but I'd bet that it's the parachute, which is probably just made invisible unless it's performing a paradrop.

Cheers, LT.

Aha, interesting!
Since this model uses the Navy Seal animations, the parachute, if it is still present, could be safely removed right?

I was thinking I could perhaps add a Snow Camouflage special ability to Planetfall which gives double movement speed and a combat bonus on Polar terrain. :mischief:

Like said before, there are 5 extra objects on the unit. The skiis, to give them a realitstic shape, are made out of a swordsman shield and shoulderpads and the poles out of the same shield and Landsknecht's weapon. Plus the goggles(made from a clonejacks face). It is as low poly as it can be, any lower and the skiis become too square. There is no shrunken head, it has been deleted. But the SEAL head is detachable, incase you wanted a different one.

Really, achilleszero is the optimization guru. Perhaps he is slipping :crazyeye:
Never! Ive optimized so many htings for LoR, I optimize things in my sleep now!:p

The skipatrol doesn't seem to have the parachute attached anymore.
Right. THere was no point in a parachute. Wanted SEAL animation, for its overall stance and goggle flipping action. And paradrop doesnt mix well with SEAL ani, you have to go full on paratrooper animation for that. Also noone ever seems to use SEAL ani. Its all marine and paratrooper, which are almost exactly the same anyway.

If anybody wants a paradroping one. I could make that too.

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll use this graphic in the early game for the Infantry unit with a Snow Camouflage ability, but only use the graphic for the later game for the Marine if someone makes a version without the skis and poles. (Would you be interested in doing this?)

Thanks for the reply. I think I'll use this graphic in the early game for the Infantry unit with a Snow Camouflage ability, but only use the graphic for the later game for the Marine if someone makes a version without the skis and poles. (Would you be interested in doing this?)

The ski's and poles can be detached at will from the unit. They're separate objects in the nif. Anyone with Nifskope can do it. ;)

Attachments

• patrol.rar
    127.8 KB · Views: 213
This unit looks really awesome, and I'll try to integrate it into my mod (I always liked the Alpine Troops from Civ2). Any ideas on a good modcomp/stats for this guy?

This unit looks really awesome, and I'll try to integrate it into my mod (I always liked the Alpine Troops from Civ2). Any ideas on a good modcomp/stats for this guy?

No idea, didnt think that far ahead. Also never had the luxury of playing Civ 2, didnt own a computer till a few years ago. No idea even where to put him in the tech tree. I do think that on top of the more normal abilities that you might give it, that you should definitely give it some sort of crazy boost in tundra and ice. Maybe even also some sort of snow promo for other units to help counter it. Kinda like those terrain promos in colonization.

Top Bottom