Mesoamerican Resource Pack

RedAlert

Love one another
Here's five new resources pertaining to Mesoamerica: Pottery, Maize, Quetzals, Peccaries, and Squash. I plan to do more in the future. Enjoy!

PCX Graphics of the Month (October 2009)

These resources were voted PCX graphics of the month in the October 2009 competition, tied with Pounder and Huayna Capac357's Celtic Towns.

----------------------

Preview:

Download

Excellent stuff! :goodjob:

Awesome! I'll probably use the maize resource. What terrains should it be on?

Corn/maize should be allowed on grasslands, plains, floodplain, and hills in my view, and I will set it so.

Very, very nice. And something that I can use easily on my Mac without major headaches trying to figure out how to add it. Just plug it into my resource files using Photoshop Elements, and then add them to the biq files in the Windows editing box. Downloaded already.

I probably will use the Peccaries to double as wild boar, with the peccaries on the plain and desert, and the wild boar in the forest and jungle. Although the peccaries could also go into the jungle.

The pottery will go on floodplain and hills. The quetzals become exotic birds and go into jungle, while the squash go into the plains, floodplains, and desert.

Thanks all for enjoying!

timerover51 - I hadn't figured out on which terrain to allow these resources either, so your post was doubly helpful. :)

Thanks all for enjoying!

timerover51 - I hadn't figured out on which terrain to allow these resources either, so your post was doubly helpful. :)

You are welcome, RedAlert. My only other general comment on the resources is that because corn typically has twice the yield per acre as wheat, the food value of corn should be higher than that of wheat. I will likely use double the wheat value for my maize/corn.

Also, I downloaded your maps, and the link to the Roman Gaul one is broken. I would be interested in having it if you still have a copy.

Congrats Red! When I invade and destroy Canada and the rest of the Earth I'll try to remember not to destroy your hometown. Give me a call beforehand.

Maize can be grown anywhere as long as you build terraces whenever the terraing is too rugged. Native Americans from the Andean regions did it everywhere.

Erm... ok, thank you for the consideration! :lol:

Top Bottom