BAT Mod for Mac

Xyth

History Rewritten
MAC BAT is no longer available. The Windows version moved in a direction that the Mac version is unable to, due to technical limitations. I do not have the time, desire or bandwidth to actively support it anymore. If you are wanting a mod for Mac that has all the features BAT did (plus many, many more) please check out History Rewritten.

Xyth
27th March 2011

No it's the right page, it's BAT for BTS 3.19, not BAT 3.19. Regardless, I changed to be more clear.

Thanks Xyth!

I cant download your xml fixs for BAT 2.1

@Lachlan: Xyth's link works fine for me.

@Fruno: I just noticed Xyth's comment about pink eyelids and a missing texture file. Could that be related to your pink building problem?

BUG means "BtS Unaltered Game Play", so no, it doesn't change the rules of the game. BAT just adds new graphics.

However, I believe some players claim that the improved presentation and organisation of game information gives a step improvement in their performance.

The lazier your macro, the greater the benefit from BUG, certainly in my case. Just reminds you of so much.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like you can't trade with other civilizations... :(

Hi, welcome :wavey:

Have you turned off tech trading? That's a standard option during custom game setup.

Nope, I didn't alter it one bit, all it says is "Let's discuss something else" and the option to exit. I've been playing/lurking for a long time, and have done a little bit of modding, but not on this mod component or custom assets. I'll screen shot it. I've met most everyone on my continent and they've met each other yet there is no option to go to the trade screen.

Edit: Figured out the problem, but I forgot to mention another one...

I've noticed when my unit is unselected (as India) it goes back to the regular Civ 4 Vanilla style unit.

But then, I'll select it, and magically it dons a turban and grows a few shades darker.

That behaviour with units is almost always caused by having Frozen Animations checked.

Also forgive me if this is too obvious but have you and the other civs researched the techs needed to trade yet? Alphabet is needed for trading techs, currency for gold, Writing for Open Borders, etc.

Edit: Figured out the problem, ...
So, what was it? Don't keep us all in suspense!

Sorry for my ignorance, but... once I download it, how do I "install it" as you advise? I don't see anything to double-click on to install it. Do I just drag the Bat Mod 2.1 folder somwhere? Or do I put its contents in my Beyond the Sword folder? Or do the contents of the Bat Mod 2.1 folder have to each put somehwere different?

Put the 'BAT Mod 2.1' folder into /Documents/Civilization IV Beyond the Sword/Mods/

Haha, well when I was playing I had researched writing, and then I accidentally closed my game, well I thought I still had writing, but apparently I didn't save once I got it, so I just figured the game gliched, apparently not. lol... And yeah the other problem was frozen animations, but SERIOUSLY, now I have an actual problem lol.

The Indian Courthouse comes out pink like the Academies. So I'm assuming there is a missing texture file somewhere. I'll keep you updated if there are any other buildings with problems, but I haven't seen anything else, really good job with the conversion man! :goodjob:

I cannot locate this shared folder through this directory - BAT Mod 2.1/Assets/Art/Shared - for the eyeshadow.dds fix. ???

You have to make the shared folder yourself. Just right click and add new folder in the art folder. Call it Shared, and then drag and drop the eyeshadow.dds there

Top Bottom