Dune Wars : Game 2 - Arrakis. Desert Planet.

Which Civ You'd like to see us playing for in this 2nd game:

• House Ordos

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • House Harkonnen

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • House Ix

• Bene Gesserit

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bene Tleilaxu

• House Corrino

• Fremen

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • House Ecaz

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slvynn

Duke Vector fon Pixel
Wellcome, this is 2nd game of DuneWars series which played with mod called DuneWars , which can be found here :

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=338329

Civilisation List Here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326273

The mod is a total conversion of Civ, set in the Dune Universe of the novels of Frank Herbert. The mod opens after some great disaster, with several of the Great Houses trapped on the surface of the desert planet Arrakis. Gradually they must rebuild and expand, and strive for total domination of the planet's riches.

Players must harvest the spice melange, contesting loyalties between the Emperor, the Great Houses and new religions and values. Wealthy factions may pay the Guild to transport soldiers from their homeworld. Leaders may choose to focus on spice income, or to begin the slow process of terraforming Arrakis, fulfilling the dream of the Fremen. Water is incredibly scarce; players must carefully focus the little water they can glean from windtraps, wells and dew collectors.

Soooo, Lets continue our DuneWars games series - 1st game ( http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=340372 ) was very interesting, and i let to myself to start new one.

The settings :
Emperror level.
Large Arrakis map, standrard setting
9 civs.
No tech brokering.
No tech trading.
Epic speed

Patch 1.6.5

please install THIS SMALL PATCH over 1.6.5 before you opening saves/playing game!!!!!!

Scenario:
Vision of Liet-Kynes - The Green Arrakis
Play as Liet-Kynes Fremen. Never trade with adopters of Arrakis Spice civic and fight them. Win Terraforming victory.

Standard Rules.
WriteUps - are necessary, 1 per session at least.
1. 40 turns
2. 30 turns
3. 20 turns and so on

Rooster:
1. Slvynn
2. negyvenketto
3. Deliverator
4. AnotherPacifist
5. Stochastic

Please advise with team before your turn-set and if you have doubts - during it.

GAMEPLAY
Session 1 - Slvynn - 1-40 - Early exploration and mapping surrounding land
Session 2 - negyvenketto - 40-62 - Building 1st Settler!
Session 3 - Deliverator - 62-87 1st Settlements and Diplomatic Contacts
Session 4 - AnotherPacifist - 88-113 Building Up
Session 5 - Stochastic - 113 - 130 Building wonder and first military. Encounters with smugglers.
Session 6 - Slvynn - 131 - 150 - Joining Bene Gesserit personnel to our own Fremen breeding program in aim to increase our geno-fond and make us closer to romantic feel of Green Arrakis Future

Wellcome, and please join :) 4 slots open for the mo

Added poll for players and lurkers - Please pick DuneWars civ You want to see us playing for.

Civ List is aviable here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326273

Atreides been excluded, b/c we played as Atreides in previous game.

I would join again.
I've achieved terraforming victory with Fremen (maybe a bit easy and boring) and diplomatic with Bene Gesserit in solo games.
What about a religious victory with Tleilax? It would be almost like a conquest :D

I would join again.
I've achieved terraforming victory with Fremen (maybe a bit easy and boring) and diplomatic with Bene Gesserit in solo games.
What about a religious victory with Tleilax? It would be almost like a conquest :D

It was in older versions, there are serious changes in Terraforming victory in last ones. :) (1.6.4 and up)
I am open for propositions and we'll wait for new votes in the poll and patch to be released :)

I'd like to do a completely contrasting game to the last one.

Play as Harkonnen, found Landsraad, build the CHOAM Headquarters and run the Arrakis Spice civic asap, go for as big a Spice economy as possible, and wipe out the Atreides.

Not sure what the victory condition should be though.

Ok we have time for voting - there sure will be lurkers - please do not hesitate - vote, even if you lurk here

@Deliverator - so i count you? i've put your name to the list

Btw Ordos is almost same, more than that i want to put those new UU in use and test them :D
(Ah, i voted Ordos btw)
It seems to me enough contrast as well, it even not-so-canon, so it would be good too

Btw Ordos is almost same, more than that i want to put those new UU in use and test them

Good idea.

Since my last two failed attempts of terraforming victory I would really like to see how that goes... So Fremen or Atreides preferred, more for the Atreides since I want to see how they fare without the heir UU (I think that makes the the weakest Civ currently).

I would like to play Fremen with no war (unless declared upon) and winning Terraforming victory.

Please who post here - also say should i put you into the rooster?
Since AnotherPacifist Played in our last game i put him in -
Please other people - confirm if i should put you into the list.
Also i extending list to 6 men.

Also lets wait more time - atm seems that Liet-Kynes winning,
i hope someone will vote for Ordos - we got new UUs, Trike and Saboteur and Chem Trooper to test! :D

Please more 1-2 members, sign up - dont be shy :p
(ah and more lurkers please vote for Ordos, thanks ! I promise that We'll show you some Trike/Saboteur action then :) )

I would move my vote from Harkonnen to Ordos if I could...

I would move my vote from Harkonnen to Ordos if I could...

I think we'll accept this :D
There are some new additions to Ordos
Also previous game had terraforming so that will be good if this time we'll go with anti-terraformers :)

Duh you re wellcome , come play :)
Btw we still need 1 at least
Patch is out so we can start this one already, i'll play soon enough (old one is at end, perhaps i will be finishing it too)

I think We'll be playing Fremen game, but with some twist :
alot of landmass, domination enabled and never to trade/negotiate with adopters of Arrakis Spice civic. (Must war them)(Atm 3/4 Ordos/Fremen - we'll see if we get more votes)

I would be willing to join if you're still looking for one more. But I've never done a succession game and I don't play above prince yet, so I'm not sure I'd be able to add much.

I voted for a Fremen game (for the worms, so cool) but that was before I knew about the Ordos extras, so either one would work for me

Great so i added you, and since old game delayed abit, and i think i will be finishing it we can start it already.
Only please - if you think you are not so strong player - advice with team before playing your set/during it. :)
Rooster:
1. Slvynn
2. negyvenketto
3. Deliverator
4. AnotherPacifist
5. Stochastic

Ok.
I starting to play one. Updating Header post with stuff

please install THIS SMALL PATCH before you opening saves/playing game!!!!!!

Map Settings:
Spoiler :

Our planetologist:
Spoiler :

Phi/Exp - Terraformed land + Phi SE , and extra health with cheap workers

Our starting spot:
Spoiler :

Your suggestions , lets hassle-bassle abit before i start. Long term strategies, observations. Making start maximum effective, as it have serious impact upon later stages.

Duh too much Salt at south, so far we have 2 healthy recources around.
Options i see for city :

Observation - more 2 n and deicide next turn - 4n seems better.

Edit: here 1 turn into a game - with new scouted land

in place (Nitrates, 4 mesa in bfc = 2 windtraps, groundwater, 2 dews)
2 n ( 5 mesa in bfc resulting in 3 windtraps, groundwater. 2 dews, +1 turn delay, gain of +happy recources via culture will be earlier)

Top Bottom