Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch

Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch Version 5.8

Hi

Problem with version 5.1 here: Ordos have Harkonnen "ruthless" trait and capture slaves, Harkonnens have Fremen "Sandriders" trait and can't create slaves, Fremen don't have "Sandriders" on soliders and melee, and no one has the Ordos "raider" trait. Other civilizations and mechanics work as intended. How can I correct this?

PS : no problem with 5.0

I can confirm these bugs, but I'm not sure what has caused this yet. I'll investigate.

Edit: OK I've got an amended version of 5.1 that fixes these bugs by reverting various invisible changes I made behind the scenes. Will release 5.2 soon.

Last edited:
Hi, long-time lurker here, the Fremen worker still fails to get the Sandworm Rider promotion activated, can't move on the desert at all. Not very Fremen'ly of them...

Hi, long-time lurker here, the Fremen worker still fails to get the Sandworm Rider promotion activated, can't move on the desert at all. Not very Fremen'ly of them...

Did you do a completely fresh re-install of Dune Wars: Revival 1.10 and then apply the 5.2 patch? Other I'd suggest going back to 5.0.

Edit: Just tested and apply the 5.2 patch over a fresh install of DW:R 1.10 works fine with regards to the Fremen Sandrider promotion. If you've previous installed 5.1 it won't work and you need to start with a clean DW:R 1.10. I'm thinking of releasing as a standalone mod rather than a patch to avoid these sorts of issues.

Last edited:
Okay, just installed 5.2 over 1.10, nope, same issue

Ah apologies - you are correct there was still a bug here. It's a strange one since it should be impossible for a Worker class unit to get Sandrider - it should only be available to Melee and Guardsman class units. The fix was to give the Fremen Worker the Sandworker promo for free and block it from being overwritten by Sandrider.

Ok, another error, still playing as Fremen - No Fremen Water Debt in Capital??

Ok, another error, still playing as Fremen - No Fremen Water Debt in Capital??

This seems to working OK. You may need to research one of the trade enabling Technologies (Exploration, Desert Trade, Water Transportation, Dune Topography) before Fremen Water Debt appears in the right hand panel.

Before Exploration/Desert Trade:
fwd_before.jpg

After Exploration/Desert Trade:
fwd_after_techs.jpg

This seems to working OK. You may need to research one of the trade enabling Technologies (Exploration, Desert Trade, Water Transportation, Dune Topography) before Fremen Water Debt appears in the right hand panel.
Appeared after Desert Trade, not after Exploration and Water Transportation. It was a surprise to get to Stillsuits and find that Crysknife Fighters are not available...

Edit:
Also, founded Mahdi, and cannot build Dune Messiah. I am running Shai-Hulud, can that be the reason?

Last edited:
Appeared after Desert Trade, not after Exploration and Water Transportation. It was a surprise to get to Stillsuits and find that Crysknife Fighters are not available...

Yeah, it is a bit of a quirk of how trade-able resources become available. I could probably look at a fixing so that but sadly the Dune Wars:Revival DLL source was never released. I suppose a simple fix would be to have Stillsuits enable trade on all the terrains that cities can be built on but that would decrease the value of Desert Trade which doesn't do much else but enable trade on certain terrains.

The reason for having this resource is that it allows other factions to build units such as the Crysknife Fighter if they can persuade the Fremen to trade away Fremen Water Debt.

Also, founded Mahdi, and cannot build Dune Messiah. I am running Shai-Hulud, can that be the reason?

I believe Shrines can only be built by generating a Great Prophet as in the base game.

Yes)) Would you like a save?

I forgot that you also need to be running the religion in question as your state religion to build the Shrine. Just testing and I can complete Dune Messiah when Mahdi is my state religion.

I'm having an issue with the Fremen Settlement. When it comes time for it to upgrade itself into a village, it's instead terraforming its tile into Graben and then disappearing.

Here's a screenshot of the city in my game where it first started happening (and where it has happened the most). There's only one settlement left that hasn't tried to upgrade yet.

DuneWars bug.png

This bug does happen in non-polar terrain. I've seen it convert rock, grassland and I think one tile that was rough. I think it may have even deleted a settlement that was already on graben, though that one obviously didn't change the terrain. I have zero villages. I've not had too much chance to view the parts of the map built up by the AIs (especially since my neighbors seem to all want to go to war with me despite being "friendly"). I've not seen any normal villages either, though I haven't noticed any suspicious looking blobs of grabben in their territory.

This bug has pretty much destroyed my current game's economic plan, so I hope it gets fixed in a future version.

I'm having an issue with the Fremen Settlement. When it comes time for it to upgrade itself into a village, it's instead terraforming its tile into Graben and then disappearing.

Here's a screenshot of the city in my game where it first started happening (and where it has happened the most). There's only one settlement left that hasn't tried to upgrade yet.

View attachment 636039
This bug does happen in non-polar terrain. I've seen it convert rock, grassland and I think one tile that was rough. I think it may have even deleted a settlement that was already on graben, though that one obviously didn't change the terrain. I have zero villages. I've not had too much chance to view the parts of the map built up by the AIs (especially since my neighbors seem to all want to go to war with me despite being "friendly"). I've not seen any normal villages either, though I haven't noticed any suspicious looking blobs of grabben in their territory.

This bug has pretty much destroyed my current game's economic plan, so I hope it gets fixed in a future version.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry that this bug has spoiled your game. I will investigate.

This bug should be resolved in the new version of the patch but you will have to start a new game unfortunately as it is not save game compatible.

Top Bottom