Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch

Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch Version 5.8

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
To celebrate the release of Denis Villeneuve's Dune, this patch adds content from the new movie to Dune Wars: Revival 1.10.

Presenting the Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch!

Installation

1. Install Dune Wars: Revival 1.10 via the installer or zip file.
2. Copy the DuneWars Revival folder from this zip file over the DuneWars Revival mod folder saying yes to overwriting of files.
3. If you want the new font to work in game you will to install the Font file MontserratAlternates-ExtraLight.otf from Dune Wars Revival/Resource/Fonts into your Windows Fonts.

Villeneuve Inspired Changes
* New Leaders!

- Lady Jessica (Bene Gesserit) [Charismatic/Religious]
- Chani (Fremen) [Charismatic/Protective]
- Gurney Halleck (Atreides) [Mercantile/Protective]

* New Leaderheads for:
- Paul Muad'Dib (Fremen)
- Liet-Kynes (Fremen)
- Stilgar (Fremen)
- Duke Leto Atreides (House Atreides)
- Duncan Idaho (House Atreides)
- Glossu Rabban (House Harkonnen)
- Gaius Helen Mohaim (Bene Gesserit)
- Baron Harkonnen (House Harkonnen)

Artwork for the remaining 19 Leaders is currently unchanged.

* New Title Imagery

* New Era start images

* New intro video

* New faction flag graphics based on the banners used in the film.

* New loading screen.

* New rankings in end game screen.

Other Cosmetic Changes
* Harkonnen Unit Order and Select Sounds changed from previous "comedy villian" voices.
* Pedia updated for the female Liet-Kynes of the Villeneuve Duniverse.
* New cosmetic design for Tech Advisor Screen.
* Newly redrawn and remastered Promotion icons replacing many lower quality ones.
* New 3D graphics for Improvements (Outpost, Insect Farm, Dwelling, Settlement, Village and Town), Buildings (Science Lab, Academy, Forgeworks, The Great Sietch) and Units (Mongoose Trooper and Fremen Great Burseg).

Screenshots

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
i wonder, maybe should keep the old ones? just for more choice?

No, I haven't removed any Leaders. This just replaces art for 7 of them at the moment. All 27 Leaders are available to play as. :)

When more footage is revealed I should be able to add the Baron Harkonnen. It seems like Feyd Rautha, Emperor Shaddam and Princess Irulan might have to wait for the second movie.

Last edited:
Deliverator updated Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch with a new update entry:

Version 2.0

Version 2.0

* New Leaders!

- Lady Jessica (Bene Gesserit) [Charismatic/Religious]
- Chani (Fremen) [Charismatic/Protective]
- Gurney Halleck (Atreides) [Mercantile/Protective]

View attachment 571448
View attachment 571449
View attachment 571450

* New art for Baron Harkonnen (emerging from goo... best you can get from the trailer!)

* Pedia updated for the female Liet-Kynes of the Villeneuve Duniverse.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Howdies o/

Happy to have found this site. I installed Dune Wars: Revival 1.10 earlier today on Steam & also Villeneuve's Inspired Patch. I guess i placed Patch to right location. Met a problem when reading the install instructions at readme file. "3. If you want the new font to work in game then install the Font file MontserratAlternates-ExtraLight.otf from Dune Wars Revival/Resource/Fonts into your Windows Fonts" Question: Where is that "Windows Fonts" folder ? Arrakis fan for 27 years & about the same time for Civilization. Then bought first trilogy books few years after got to know Arrakis.

In past year have bought them, Sci-Fi & other Arrakis books in ebook format via Amazon.co.uk <3 Gonna buy the upcoming "Duke of Caladan" & Dune Graphic Novel. As Amazon Prime Subscriber can get some books with no cost, but sometimes i still like to pay for them to support good author. Amazon Prime Sub is 110% worth it cause of many benefits & not to forget the budget friendly access to Amazon Prime's Streaming Library. Kindly: Fedaygin

Last edited:
Howdies o/

Happy to have found this site. I installed Dune Wars: Revival 1.10 earlier today on Steam & also Villeneuve's Inspired Patch. I guess i placed Patch to right location. Met a problem when reading the install instructions at readme file. "3. If you want the new font to work in game then install the Font file MontserratAlternates-ExtraLight.otf from Dune Wars Revival/Resource/Fonts into your Windows Fonts" Question: Where is that "Windows Fonts" folder ?

This should be under you Windows installation folder, for example, if Windows is installed on your C drive the path to the folder will be: C:\Windows\Fonts. Just drop the Montserrat font file in there and hey presto the font will be installed!

\Windows\Fonts. Just drop the Montserrat font file in there and hey presto the font will be installed!
Wiuh duh why didn't think of that. Now good to blame bad zz on couple nights during this week. Was cause of earplugs that used are worn out. Weehee got new package today after some delay in delivery (Covid-19 causing that) so waiting for better zz on weekend. Big thanks for assist o/ Gonna dive into Dune Wars: Revival later today & maybe stream it today or tomorrow. Gonna check now that can i get rss feed here just for Dune Wars: Revival sub forum or does it include feed fetch for whole site. Excited to experience Dune Wars: Revival & wonder if it's Dev(s) or other modders have plan to create similar Dune Mod with new Civilization client :rolleyes:

Kindly: Fedaygin

Last edited:
wonder if it's Dev(s) or other modders have plan to create similar Dune Mod with new Civilization client :rolleyes:

The answer is from me (and probably anyone else) is sadly "No". Neither Civ V or Civ VI really support total conversion mods in the way Civ IV did and the effort to create the volume of art required also would make it an unfeasible undertaking. That said Civ VI terrain modding is great and you could definitely make a lovely looking desert planet - but then sadly the Devs have said there are no plans to release the DLL source code so that really kills the possibility of total conversion / complete overhaul mods for VI.

Deliverator updated Dune Wars: Revival - Villeneuve Inspired Patch with a new update entry:

Version 4.0

Version 4.0

* New Leader graphics for Duncan, Gurney, Jessica, Stilgar, Kynes, Paul, Chani, Mohiam and Roma Atani.

View attachment 612289

View attachment 612290

* New faction flag graphics based on the banners used in the film.

View attachment 612286

View attachment 612287

View attachment 612295

View attachment 612296

* New loading screen.

View attachment 612288

* Newly redrawn and remastered Promotion...

so have you seen the movie @Deliverator ?

Hey @keldath. Yes, I've seen it and I thought it was excellent. There were a couple of things that went a bit against my own mental image of things (e.g. the Sardaukar), but overall I think the cast and crew did a tremendous job with it. Apparently the script for the second part is already written and the film has a provisional release of October 2023. I also think the odds are high of Dune Messiah being adapted given that Villeneuve has said he would like to complete Paul's arc and this film has won over a new army of fans it seems. What did you think?

hey friend,

well, i did loved it, visually, atmosphere , plot adequate adaptation. anything a dune fan like me would except. excellent indeed.
image, well your modules for civ, well should have been inspiration for Villeneuve :) but all and all it was ok.
it was nice to see that he used swords and less guns in the battle sequences.

i will say, that there was some missing points for a none Dune viewer with background knowledge. for example, the term Mentat m isnt spoken nor explained. the lower lip marking is symmetrical, should be stains from Saphoo juice...
the missing Irulan and the emperor and a connection of him to the plot with the Harkonnen to remove Atreides. only hints on that issue. more depth to Dr, yueh and the surprise of his betrayal.
i am a deep fan of the David lynch film as you know , which gave the the inspiration for dune wars 15 years ago (my god, i cant believe life passed by so fast).
all and all, marvelous movie .
2023, gosh, so far but yet, time do fly.
hope he will do dune messiah and children of and some ref to god emperor.

cheers :)

i will say, that there was some missing points for a none Dune viewer with background knowledge. for example, the term Mentat m isnt spoken nor explained. the lower lip marking is symmetrical, should be stains from Saphoo juice...

I agree that they could have spent 30 seconds explaining the Mentats a bit more. I think Villeneuve did well at pruning unnecessary exposition to keep momentum - showing rather than telling - but with the Mentats a little more telling would have been helpful.

the missing Irulan and the emperor and a connection of him to the plot with the Harkonnen to remove Atreides. only hints on that issue. more depth to Dr, yueh and the surprise of his betrayal.

The cast is already very large for the casual viewer to keep track of who everyone is. It just means we can look forward to seeing Shaddam, Irulan, Feyd and possibly Fenring in the next movie.

Version 5.0

Version 5.0

The Villeneuve Inspired Patch for Dune Wars: Revival has now evolved into modmodmod with a number of gameplay changes in addition to artwork training.

Gameplay Changes

Predominantly these are changes to the Fremen to present them with more interesting challenges and choices in the early game.

* Fremen now have a unique Worker unit who can build the unique Sietch and Trading Post Improvements

There are four grades of Sietch improvement that can only be...

The scenarios do not appear to be working?

The scenarios do not appear to be working?

First, check that you have overwritten files in the install.
1. Install Dune Wars: Revival 1.10 via the installer or zip file.
2. Copy the DuneWars Revival folder from this zip file over the DuneWars Revival mod folder saying yes to overwriting of files.

Second, which scenarios are not working for you?

Third, if there is an error it will most likely be in ...\My Documents\My Games\beyond the sword\Logs\PythonErr.log. You made need to enable logging for it to appear.
https://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/articles/201333263-How-to-enable-logging

If you can post your log file then I can see what the error is.

Version 5.1

Version 5.1

Gameplay Changes

• Move Fremen Sietch improvement to Mining Technology.
  • Fremen Trait now gives double production speed of Mushtamal and Nursery as well as +1 Happiness from Mushtamal.
  • Weather Control Satellite is now a National Wonder so can be built by all players; moved to Planetary Ecology tech; Cost 500; +4 Culture and +1 Great Scientist point; +1 Gold from Desert tiles in this city and prevents Sandstorms entering your...

@Deliverator I really enjoy your mod and it has been generally very stable but this last game I did run into a late game repeatable crash. I'm not sure how much patience you have for troubleshooting save files but just in case you are interested in debugging here is my save. Just pass the turn and it should crash. Thanks for the hard work.

Attachments

• Dave3.CivBeyondSwordSave
    242.4 KB · Views: 26
Hi

Problem with version 5.1 here: Ordos have Harkonnen "ruthless" trait and capture slaves, Harkonnens have Fremen "Sandriders" trait and can't create slaves, Fremen don't have "Sandriders" on soliders and melee, and no one has the Ordos "raider" trait. Other civilizations and mechanics work as intended. How can I correct this?

PS : no problem with 5.0

Last edited:
Top Bottom