Pick your Poison: A Mafia Game

CCRunner

Deity
Once upon a time, there was a town named Town. Some of the members of this town were members of a secret criminal organization. Most people were not.

One day, there were orders from the head honcho of said criminal organization: eliminate everybody in the town.

The question on their lips was: Why? The town was pretty much idyllic. There was a lake, it was moderately close to the beach, moderately close to the mountains, had a temperate climate, and had a low crime rate, high educational opportunities, and even had a thriving economy. Its chief export was vanilla; its chief import was chocolate.

But, like good mafiosos, they struck, quickly and silently. Due to bureaucratic limitations, however, they could only kill one person per night. So they killed Mayor Meuilleur.

Upon the discovery of the corpse, the townspeople suddenly knew what to do: about 15 of them would decide the fate of the rest of the town. They would do this by holding special votes and lynching people once per day until the mafiosos were dead. It had worked before (actually this had never been tried).

That being decided, the townspeople went to sleep, some for the last time...

PLEASE READ THE RULES!!!

Spoiler Rules :
When you post to join the game, send me two numbers like this: (X,Y) with each being one of the numbers 1-5.

The X number closest to 1 that no one else picks gets to go first in the role draft. The Y number is for tiebreakers.

Example draft:

Player 1: 4,5
Player 2: 1,4
Player 3: 3,5
Player 4: 1,3
Player 5: 1,4
Player 6: 5,4
Player 7: 5,5

The draft order would be:
Player 3
Player 1
Player 6
Player 7
Player 4
Players 2/5 based on random (because their Y numbers are the same).

The reason that order is the way it is (and this is how this one works as well) is that the numbers that are picked singulary (X) go first, then the ones that are doubled (X), THEN the ones that are tripled (X).

Once the order is done, you will then attempt to pick a power role. If someone above you in the draft order has picked that role you will be vanilla. The mafia will not be allowed to coordinate (they will not know each other until after they choose). The mafia can both kill and use their drafted power.

The roles:
Cop
Each night you may target a player. If successful, you will get a result of town or mafia.
Doctor
Each night you may target a player. If successful, you will prevent any and all kill attempts on that player. You may NOT target yourself.
Bulletproof
You are bulletproof. You are immune to night kills.
Roleblocker
Each night you may target a player. If successful, that target will not be able to perform any night actions.
Tracker
Each night you may target a player. If successful, you will see all players that player targeted that night.
One-Shot Governor
Once during the game, you may PM me to stop a lynch.
Vengeful Lynchee
If you are lynched you may post "Kill: X" (where X was on the wagon that lynched you). Both of you will then die at the end of that day.
Bus Driver
Switch two players for the night (If X and Y are switched, and X is targeted by mafia, Y dies instead. Works for any ability, not just kills)
Tiebreaker
Self-explanatory

The mafia get one kill, in addition to their powers.

Also worth noting is that none of this OP is my writing. Credit goes to LightFang for the story, and Sasaki (from totalwar.org) for the actual rules and original idea.

1. Takhisis-- Lynched, Evening 2 INNOCENT
  2. TheForestAuro
  3. Zack-- Lynched Evening 1 MAFIA
  4. Seon-- Killed, Morning 3 INNOCENT
  5. Civplayah-- Lynched, Evening 3 INNOCENT
  6. Choxorn-- Killed, Morning 2 INNOCENT
  7. TheLastOne36
  8. Methos Captain Blackadder Love
  9. Nictel-- Lynched, Evening 4 INNOCENT
  10. Catharsis-- Killed, Morning 2 INNOCENT
  11. Sparrow55
  12. Camikaze -- Killed, Morning 4 INNOCENT
  13. DrumStudent

14. Reserve: Double A,
Night 0--
Morning One The Morning reveals a shot up home, but no deaths
Evening 1 Zack is lynched by the will of the mob. Zack was MAFIA
Morning 2 A deus ex machina ends poorly for Choxorn and Catharsis
Evening 2 Philosoraptor sends Tahkisis away for good

Game is over, Mafia win

FIRST POAST!!
When does this start? Please, let it be once the LOTR mafia game is over. Pleeeeeease.

Well, i'll sign in for whichever comes next after the LOTR Mafia game.

Wo wo wo, weren't there already like 4 people in line for the next Mafia game?

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=8940388#post8940388
This is a successor to elecric926's game small game, not Camikaze's large one. This game isn't going to have any more than 20 people, probably significantly less, and as such, considering all the people in line are running large games, I don't think I'm cutting anyone.

Edit: I did give a warning in that thread, and asked if anybody had any objections. Since nobody said anything, I started this.

Zack, you'd better use the showpost instead of linking to a page, as many people se 30 or even 40 poasts per thread.

In. Sure why not.

In, and Takhisis' name is spelled wrong.

choxorn, you can't talk, you're dead... :p
Put it down to force of habit. Will you be Gandalf again?

In for the kill. 3,4

Do I get bonus points for reading the rules? :p

Oi, town, where was our doctor? You should always protect Mayor Meilleur first, he's always the first to go! :mad:

Innnnnnnnn

EDIT: Game hasn't even started yet and Nictel's already WIFOMing, he's clearly mafia

Nictel, you have to send the numbers privately, you know.

In

10charrrrrrr

Top Bottom