Turn Discussion Thread

I agree that staying in the game is good because our numbers seem to have dwindled a bit as well. Though not as bad as Mavericks did apparently. Maybe we should have done a bit like the Merlot and had assigned roles/tasks for people to keep them more involved.

Also we need to look into the Amazon Diplo discussion as they are now asking for Carib/Rigel. My gut reaction was "HELL :):):):) NO" but you know that's not very diplomatic.

Irgy
I can play, but I don't want it. If you don't look in the game you get only small infos about the game so you don't get involve with the game. I look every turn to get my infos and give my opinion, but I fear, if I play the game, after few turns nobody other looks and then I play alone. That was the lay with Mad Scientist in the last DG, I played 95% of the turns. So I hope another will play and I give my opinion and 've an opponent in the team to discuss. I'm good in mm and seeking infos, but my ability to make plans etc is low. So if I'm alone the team is lost. that isn't my wish.
So I agree with Alpha it's good if you at least look at the game and get a feeling, get involve.

HUSch: Thanks for explaining your concerns about playing. I apologize for being busy the last couple of days. I will have time to play this turn in a 5-6 hours, if needed. I am very glad that you have been taking the time to look at each turn and propose helpful micromanagement. One reason I am playing this game is to learn things, and I am certainly doing that thanks to your participation.

I was looking for some help playing turns because I was very busy this week, not because I was losing interest in the game. I think there are only four of us regularly participating now (you, me, Irgy, and AlphaShard). AlphaShard and I have been doing most of the turnplaying, but it would be helpful to us if you and Irgy were available to play turns if we cannot for some reason.

For me the play (many hours) is more important then the victory (few minutes).

I agree with this completely.

I will take a look at the Amazon message and comment on that a little later.

Turn 108 - 175BC

As soon as I go to post I see from the tracker post above that I've mucked up the workers on Bode, sending them off every which way instead of to the pigs. They're ready to build more mines anyway, which we do need, but hurrying up on the pigs might have been better. Sorry.
Spoiler :

Rigel workboat done, and settled the clams. Rigel started a forge, although I wasn't really sure what to build. Feel free to change it.
Spoiler :

Not much news on Sol. Sent one worker off to build another cottage on Sirius, as it will have a happy citizen back in two turns, and another ready to do something with another of the silks.
Spoiler :

I 've changed the working tiles in AC and Canopus

And here are my proposition for the next turn.
Iwould mine with the worker at Sirius and go with the other at enterprise to ship to Rigel

If the Worker 1 road the jungle tile and the other go to pigs, road there the next 2 turns, then is the pig tile roaded, when worker 1 is ready to go there. then both chop and build pasture at the pig tile

Attachments

• -175 Sol.JPG
    -175 Sol.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 138
  • -175 Bode.JPG
    -175 Bode.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 169
Good work Irgy. Nothing too disastrous with the Bode workers. HUSch's plans for next turn look good to me.

Did we change tile assignments in Vega? Do we want to keep working the farm there, or switch that citizen to a mine? It looks like it will grow to unhappiness soon. We could build a worker there after the forge.

That looks like a good plan with the workers on Bode, mostly fixes my balls-up with them.

One potential problem with the worker chopping the silk is that we were working it, and it's not as good a tile when it's chopped. If we know what we want to build there then by building it directly we get the chop a little later (which might make a difference or might not) but keep it as a worthwhile tile the whole time. If you've switched the worked tiles around so that we're not working it anyway, or also if we're going to whip the next build in AC (East Indiaman?) so that we're not working it then that's ok. I will say though that if the schmiede will be done there in 3 turns then the chop will come in on the first turn of the next build, which is bad timing for whipping as you generally want to whip as much population as possible.

How many silks do we want? We have two already, one for us and one for Amazon. Two more would give us more to trade with the rest of the ETTT, but I'm wondering whether we'd see any benefits to those trades before we wipe out M&M and the ETTT breaks up.

I've lost track, do we have a lighthouse in Sirius yet? I'd hope that we do. It would be good to have the last two grassland tiles cottaged there ASAP, now that we'll have the health and happy caps to work them (both will go up quite a lot with Astronomy).

As far as Mavericks go, at this stage I'm imagining an invasion force of
2x East Indiaman
4x Maceman
4x Catapult (or Trebuchet if we get Engineering in time)

It's a pretty tiny force, but don't forget we're miles ahead in technology, and Mavericks have been mucking about building wonders and settling their southern spoke, so they can't have that much more military than we do. That's more than enough to take down a few archers. Do Mavericks have Machinery for crossbows yet? From memory they were going to get it but built the pyramids instead.

Did we change tile assignments in Vega? Do we want to keep working the farm there, or switch that citizen to a mine? It looks like it will grow to unhappiness soon. We could build a worker there after the forge.

The farm there seems the best idea to me. We won't grow into unhappiness, because the forge is worth +1 happiness from gold, and Astronomy in 2 turns will send our happy caps skywards.

I think were going to need a unit in Sirius to help the Unhappiness.

It's fine Irgy about the workers, I've made a few mistakes in the past.

I like the Plan images you made Husch good work there. If we send more workers to Rigel I hope that sends the clear message that we plan on keeping that city.

According to Trystero's screen cap:

Spoiler :

We do have the Lighthouse built in Sirius.

I think were going to need a unit in Sirius to help the Unhappiness.

We can send the maceman we'll finish in Canopus next turn to act as an MP.

According to Trystero's screen cap:

Spoiler :

We do have the Lighthouse built in Sirius.

Yep. I did an overview of our current city status a few turns ago in this post.

I had a quick look at the save before the turn ended. I moved Hebe 1E, to better scout the SE land bridge to Bode:
Spoiler :

I would move Hebe 1E or 1SE next turn and put her on sentry duty there. Or we could pull her back to Procyon if needed.

I would suggest we build a missionary for Procyon soon. Maybe in Vega?

Are we sending the caravel Mariner to scout the Mavericks island, or wait for East Indiamen?

Why the heck did Mavericks build the AP?

Edit: I also noticed that CDZ finished Philosophy.

Mariner was guarding against further Barb Galley's since they had to get rid of one already.

Has Maverick an Ing and want to lost it with bonus for merlot, perhaps they 've some hindu buildings. APO is a good building for Ings, allways 2 til 8 :hammers: in some towns.

about Hebe
You should have moved hebe to west, I can only hope, that there is no Barb, next turn goes a worker at pig-tile. we 've no units there. I 've no fear now from any team units but from Barb.

The next turn is up. (Sorry for the delay.)

We were offered Philosophy by CDZ, but I accidentally quit the diplomacy screen rather than accept the offer, so I've requested it from them again. :blush:

I made all of the worker moves for Bode and Sol suggested by HUSch in this post, since we seem to be in agreement on that.

Canopus finished a maceman, I set the next build as another maceman. I suggest we move the new maceman to Sirius for MP duty to deal with the unhappy citizen.

The forge finished in Vega. I set the next build as a missionary for Procyon (done in 3 turns).

Any differing opinions on the builds in Canopus and Vega?

Astronomy is done next turn. I think we can lower the research slide to 0% and still finish it next turn. I think it's a good idea to lower it as far as possible to accumulate some cash. I think we should accumulate cash for a few turns. What should we research next? Engineering?

about Hebe
You should have moved hebe to west, I can only hope, that there is no Barb, next turn goes a worker at pig-tile. we 've no units there. I 've no fear now from any team units but from Barb.

As far as I can tell, because of Mavericks culture, that area is pretty well spawnbusted:

If not, couldn't we move the archer 1E or 1NE to spawnbust and still keep Hebe in the SE of Bode to watch our border?

I would build an archer this turn in Canopus and the archer goes to AC, next turn the warrior from AC goes to Sirius, then we 've an archer in every turn and the warrior as an additional :).
I 've changed the working in Canopus, I would like to grow there, and there is no rounding lost with 20 netto :hammers:. Next turn we sould change the working in Rigel from FP to marble.
The archer in south of Bode should be left there, a moving is not needed now. After the worker is at pigs i 've no fear, it was the moment the worker goes to pigs and see a barb at south tile.
Mariner should go to Mavericks coast.

Amazon is crazy I think, they researched HR now with low preference, their UU is the NR, the best unit for long time, but they don't want to take some towns (sit war; english/french 1939)

Turn 109 - 150 BC

I moved the research slider to 10%. This will let us finish Astronomy next turn, while still putting 104 gold in the bank. Next turn we should reduce to 0% research.

On Bode, the maceman finished in Canopus. We are building another maceman for garrison duty there and moving the archer in Canopus to Alpha Centauri (arrives next turn). The warrior in Alpha Centauri will then move to Sirius for MP duty to deal with unhappiness.

Toch and T. Claudius are mining hills in Alpha Centauri and Sirius respectively, and HUSch is chopping the silk tile in Canopus. The last worker boarded Enterprise, and is moving to Rigel.

Spoiler :

On Bode, hell hound moved to the Procyon pigs tile to build a road. AlphaShard is building a road on the hill in Procyon, and Lord Parkin is mining a hill in Arcturus.

Spoiler :

Hebe moved 1SE to watch our southern frontier.

Spoiler :

Our caravel Mariner is moving toward the Mavericks home island to scout.

Spoiler :

The next turn is up. Astronomy is done, and I've distributed it to the ETTA and selected Engineering as the next tech for now. We have now opened up quite a few resource trades.

The forge is done in Sirius, and the happiness from having gold took care of the unhappy citizen there. (I'd forgotten forges do that if you have gold.) I set the next build as an East Indiaman as a place-holder.

So we need to decide: 1. next tech, 2. next build in Sirius, 3. resource trades we want. I'll try to take some screenshots tomorrow so you can get an idea of the options available.

Top Bottom