[Bug] Hex yield icons incorrect

WuphonsReach

Prince
This is a Large/Fractal map at around 1820 AD, with most of the world settled. The yield icons are showing incorrect values, but the tooltip is correct.

Leader Scene Quality: Medium
Overlay Detail: Low
Shadow Quality: Low
Fog of War Quality: Low
Terrain Detail Level: Low
Terrain Tessellation Level: Low
Terrain Shadow Quality: Low
Water Quality: Low
Texture Quality: Low

Specific places to look at are the plains and hills around Suo, Echizen, Fukushima and Bizen on the far eastern big island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMLrOwPSh98

I'm doing some testing to see whether it's a video setting detail, or just wrong.

Attachments

• J1 1820AD Settle 2nd Continent (overlay bugs).zip
    813.3 KB · Views: 244
I see your point in the video, but they show correctly for me in the save. Does it work properly if you exit Civ5, and restart it again?

No, it doesn't. Even post-reboot, that save shows screwy yields in that portion of the map. Loading prior auto-saves - same issue, but the map displays slightly different yield icons at times.

If I go back to a really old auto-save, after I explored the area with a mounted unit, the yields in the fog of war area (known, but not current) are wrong. But if I then move a unit back into those areas, the yield icons get updated.

One would hope that yield icons would get re-generated when the game loads - but apparently they are saved in the game file or cached somehow.

This island was hidden in fog-of-war for a very long time, I only found it around 1600AD or so and explored it with a mounted unit.

I would think that Civ5 might be running out of memory - but I'm on a 3.3GB WinXP machine with a GTX 460 1GB card and Civ5 is only using 580MB memory (890MB virtual memory) at the main screen and it goes up to 1320MB memory (1550MB virtual) after loading in this map.

Video clip where I try older saves. The only thing that finally worked (at 3m 30s) was revisiting hexes that were hidden in the fog of war. I could not get it to update tiles that are visible, even if they were incorrect. For example at 3m 20s you can see the fish off the coastline southwest of Singapore. The yield icons are off by one in random directions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPg43QS9HxQ

Very strange island...

I suspect that this may be caused by Golden Ages... or it's an issue with the GTX 460 card and the July 2010 NVIDIA drivers?

Got another save with a similar issue. A few tiles near the capital and tiles to the southeast of Tokyo. This is a brand new Large/Fractal game and the yield icons were correct until after the golden age. Some specific spots to look at:

- East of Tokyo is a warrior stationed on a hill, the yield icons on surrounding tiles are wrong.

- Grassland hills west of Tokyo show 3P instead of 2P

Attachments

• J2-0204 Broken Yield Icons.zip
    495.9 KB · Views: 227
Have you tried later drivers?

I opened that save, and everything looks fine, for me.

Attachments

• yields.jpg
    yields.jpg
    348.1 KB · Views: 988
There aren't new release drivers... yet from NVIDIA.

And in this particular case, it did fix itself when I reloaded.

I've noticed that throughout the games I've played the tile information isn't always correct. Is this a bug? It works when I hover over them though. I'm playing on Vista 64 bit, 8 gig with a Nvidia 9800 GFX card.

I also notice the problem, for example for the fish resource he say +2food when worked and when you send a workboat it give you +2gold instead.

The yield indicators sometimes seem to get offset by a tile. I've noticed it on several occasions. Then a while later they'll be back in position. Just scrolling them off and back on the screen doesn't work.

I also occasionally get a piece of overlay (eg: some trade centres) stuck in place so that they move about the map as I scroll, doesn't stay long though.

Playing on DX11 with ATI 5800 series card all settings on max.

Yes, I can confirm this fro my current game as England. All tile yield icons are off one hex SE. :mischief:

I also had a city graphic that kept floating in the middle of my screen as I moved around. Maybe it was Laputa? :D

Moderator Action: Moved to bug reports.

We have probably some different bugs here, one time missplaced icons, second time wrong displayed icons.

Please provide a savegame for this, if possible.

I have only a screenshot from something similar, where the hover text and the tile yield is not the same:
Spoiler :

This has happened many times. Often times, a tile will have yield icons that are completely different than they actually arm. like a farm with 3 production and no food or a desert tile with 5 food and 3 gold. It can get rather annoying.

The yield icons shown on the attached jpg are wrong.

The hex with the academy is shown as producing zero science but the adjacent unimproved plains hex is shown as producing five science.

The academy is worked but the plains tile is not. The city is receiving five science which is the correct value so this appears to be a cosmetic problem.

There are numerous other hexes with invalid displays in the attached games file.

The problem is not removed by closing and restarting the program.

I am running version 1,0,0,20.

Attachments

• Hex Yield Bug.JPG
    Hex Yield Bug.JPG
    307.1 KB · Views: 565
  • Hex Yield Bug.Civ5Save
    452.9 KB · Views: 206
All tile yield icons are off one hex SE.

Most of mine were displaced one hex south west. I did see four to the south east. I think the geographic shift may be localized but it's past my bedtime so I'll leave somebody else to check out that idea.

Top Bottom