[Bug] Hex yield icons incorrect

I took a look through the bugs sticky and couldn't find this, so sorry if it's already known.

notice 1f1g on a cow, 2f2p on sea etc

notice the 10g on the tile adjacent to Cerro

The sea resources
(btw, isn't that city awesome! I only settled it relatively recently and it's already my second largest population behind my capital)

I get this sort of bug quite often on larger maps late in the game. I got this with my new video card HD6950 with G&K and previously with my Nvidia 8800 GTX when I was still on Vanilla.

So happens with both ATI and Nvidia cards. Though for me, it isn't a lot of hexes, it is just a few here and there that show the wrong yields, but always it is late in game on large maps which does suggest a memory issue, even though I have 8 GB of DDR3.

Hey, I'm encountering a very weird bug in my current deity game. Tile yields displayed on the map are awfully wrong and the only way to see the proper tile yield is to mouseover apparently.. which makes my save almost unplayable.

For example, an academy on Cattle is displayed to yield 8 food and 4 production.. which is pretty far off.

It didn't occur when I first played the game, just when I loaded my t200 save. I tried loading earlier and later autosaves, verified the steam game cache and all that crap. Still nothing changed :(

I added the save (all DLC enabled), would be really helpful if someone could check it out. Feel like it's a waste to drop a t200 information era game...

Cheers!

Moderator Action: Merged with the main thread about this problem.

Attachments

• DEITHarun al-Rashid_0200 AD-1400.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 310
Hi pkf,

Now that your post has been merged into the master thread for this bug, you probably can see that it's a long-standing problem. The symptom is that the tile yield displays are shifted by one hex. The workaround is simple: Turn off tile yield display, exit Civ5 and restart. The tile yields should now display correctly (they did for me in your save game). It seems that you have to turn off tile yield display before exiting or saving.

Hi Petek,

thank you for moving, I didn't get any results when searching (and was probably impatient, too :mischief:). I'll try your workaround when I get back home and will edit my post then, I guess.

Edit: Worked, thanks a lot!

This bug was fixed in patch 1.0.2.13, but only for games started after the patch.

Hi,

I searched over the confirmed bugs and couldn't see this one.

Playing on a Mac, on Large/Epic.

Late in a game, I've noticed that the yields shown on some tiles can really be totally off. For example, a desert tile with nothing can be showing 4 production, but mouse-over correctly shows it as nothing. Or, a Lumber mill can show as one food, one production, when really it's 1 food, 3 production.

Sorry I don't have a screenshot. I don't know how to do that.

I was wondering if others have also been seeing this.

Cheers.

Manu-fan has a Mac and the patch hasn't been ported there yet.

Ahh, fixed in the patch? Great news. I don't know when we're getting it on the Mac, but I we will get it eventually.

Thanks.

Hmmm ...

Just tested this again in a current game, and my tile yields display correctly. I'd attach a save game for you to check, but I don't know whether you have vanilla Civ5 or G&K. I also have some DLC that you may not have.

What's your version number? It can be found at the bottom center of the game's Main Menu. Also vanilla or G&K? Thanks.

Hmmm ...

Just tested this again in a current game, and my tile yields display correctly. I'd attach a save game for you to check, but I don't know whether you have vanilla Civ5 or G&K. I also have some DLC that you may not have.

What's your version number? It can be found at the bottom center of the game's Main Menu. Also vanilla or G&K? Thanks.

I have all the DLC and Gods and Kings. I will check the version number when I can, but I should be fully up to date since I use Steam for Civ 5.

Here's a zipped save file in which the tile yields would have been wrong before the patch. I switched tile yields on, saved the game and then reloaded. The attached screenshot shows the result. Do you see the same? Can you upload a save file that shows what you're seeing? Thanks.

Attachments

• Tile Yields.jpg
    Tile Yields.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Test Yield Icons.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 264
Here's a zipped save file in which the tile yields would have been wrong before the patch. I switched tile yields on, saved the game and then reloaded. The attached screenshot shows the result. Do you see the same? Can you upload a save file that shows what you're seeing? Thanks.

Sorry, it appears I don't actually have all of the DLC. I bought the GOTY edition, and I thought that had all of the DLC included.

My game version is 1.0.2.21.

Here's a save from my current game, for what it's worth.

Attachments

• IncorrectYieldIcons.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 236
Opened your save and can confirm that the tile yield display is again (still?) shifted to the southwest. Workaround is to turn off tile yield display before exiting the game. I'll modify the thread title. Can't figure out why I don't get the bug in games created on my system. One thought is that I don't play with espionage and many of the games with the bug use espionage.

Top Bottom