[Bug] Hex yield icons incorrect

Had the same thing with the theater. Also units and cities "sticking" to the screen when you scroll away, looked really strange. Zooming in and out helped to make it go away but it happens again from time to time, only in lategame though.

Also to be clear the game otherwise runs great and my computer is pretty much top of the line.

Something wrong here :lol:

Unfortunately I didn't think to save at the time, but hopefully it'll come up again.

Edit: Maybe I shouldn't have said hopefully, because it persists! And the save file probably won't be helpful, because it is persisting even on different save files from different games :(

Guess I'll try later, re-install eventually, and report what it took to remove this problem.

Btw the screenshot is on OCC.

Edit2: Earlier thread on same issue: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=383564

Attachments

• civ 5 offset yield.jpg
    civ 5 offset yield.jpg
    299.2 KB · Views: 317
(see above for pic - it was one of the merged threads)

Since it doesn't seem to be the save file, I won't post it unless deemed useful. Reboot, starting game while holding shift, switching resolutions, and vcard driver update haven't helped.

Nvidia GTS 8800, Win 7 64.

I deleted the game from Steam and redownloaded, still have the problem on this save, but my saves from other games thankfully seem to be ok so far.

The bad save is attached.

Attachments

• more golden Gandhi_0196 AD-1852.Civ5Save
    1 MB · Views: 218
I still get this on a semi-regular basis; it seems to happen more often on 8-civ maps or bigger, generally after a lot of the map has been explored. Here's a save of a recent one that I couldn't shake off. It is in NiGHTS 11.7.

Brighton (an island to the east) has (on my side) the city's yield placed on an adjacent hex, and there's some other shuffling.

On this game, it was tenacious; after turn ~250, I'd notice it happening every 40 turns or so, backtrack to an earlier autosave where it was ok, repeat the cycle.

If I turn off view tile yield, save, then restore. That seems to reset and correct the problem.

It's a pain, but since this issue is not on the fix list radar, I will go with it.

Thanks for the input. :)

And thank you for yours, Number 51! Confirmed workaround :goodjob:

Attachments

• glitchagaiElizabeth_0411 AD-1802.Civ5Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 231
Did you get DLC in the Steam sale by any chance? I always had this issue but it seems to be at least 3x as frequent ever since I got the DLC, even on small maps.

I had most of the DLC before, but now have all of it due to the sale.

Actually i don't believe it ever happened before until the new DLC i got, some scenarios + maps pack ones.

This fix suggests that its a bug in the saving or loading of game files that have the show yield icons enabled. To be safe its probably best to allows turn it off before saving.

I'm running my first G+K SP game and got this same oh so familiar BUG. The same thing used to happen in CivV and we could turn off the production/yield icons, save then reload and turn them back on and it would fix the problem. however in G+K I can't seem to find where to do this now.

You used to be able to "clear the cache" which would sometimes fix this as well but for the life of me I can't find the folder to try that (I downloaded G+K via steam).

Help me if you can...this is an old BUG making a reappearance that you would think they would have addressed. This BUG totally ruins the game experience (Huge pain in the a$$ factor) and is a well known. I'm pissed it reared its ugly head in my first G+K game! FIX IT ALREADY!

Drivers- memory- etc not an issue with what I am running.

Anybody know how to fix the "yield shifts BUG" in G+K? All yields are offset (just like it happened in Civ5).

Bump... Still getting the wrong yields in G+K. This bug is the exact same one present in Civ5. To fix it you would turn off yields-save...reload turn on yields. However I am simply asking the community (who no doubt are very familiar with this Civ5 bug) HOW does one do turn off yields in G+K? Can someone assist please.

Bump...any help here would be appreciated: I am simply asking the community (who no doubt are very familiar with this Civ5 bug) HOW does one do turn off yields in G+K?

Top Bottom