2010 Mafia Awards

Zack

99% hot gas

Voting Procedure
  • Anyone who is on the list of 2010 Mafia Players can vote for the awards.
  • Each award will be accompanied by a list of eligible players, games, etc. that you can vote for.
  • Voting is only for a group of awards at a time, then progress to the next group and vote, and so on (all at once - too hectic; one at a time - too long).
  • Post your votes for first and second for each award from the list.
  • A vote for first gives the recipient 2 points, and a vote for second gives them 1 point.
  • Whoever/whatever has the most points wins the award.
  • You cannot vote for yourself or a game you hosted.
List of Awards

Spoiler :
Team Awards
Best Mafia Performance - Isengard in "Lord of the Rings Mafia"
Best Town Performance - Innocents in "C9 Mafia Game: Snowblind"

Player Awards
Best All Around Player - sprig and Askthepizzaguy
Best Innocent - sprig
Best Mafia - robbiecon
Best Contributor to Mafia - Zack and Camikaze

Game Awards
Most Enjoyable Game - Lord of the Rings Mafia
Best Small Game - Masquerade Mafia
Best Large Game - Those Darn States
Best Setting/Storyline - Lord of the Rings Mafia
Best Role - Professor Moriarty in "Those Darn States"
Best Host - Zack

List of 2010 Mafia Games

List of 2010 Mafia Players

Spoiler :
Abaddon
Arakhor
askthepizzaguy
Autolycus
Bad Player
BananaLee
Beefy187
bestrfcplayer
Camikaze
Capt Blackadder
Catharsis
CCRunner
chew13acca
choxorn
Civgeneral
civplayah
classical_hero
Csargo
Cull
D'Artagnan
Darth Caesar
DaveShack
Diamondeye
Diana Abnoba
Domination3000
Double A
DrumStudent
Earthling
Ekolite
electric926
flamingzaroc121
Frozen in Ice
Gary141
Jarrema
jonhughthom
Kennigit
Khaazar
kill fire
King Flavence
Krill
landlubber
LightFang
link16
Lord OST
Love
Methos
mgsmuhammad
musical-mafia
Nictel
Niklas
Owen Glyndwr
PaulusIII
Perfection
pevergreen
Pinman
Ravus_Sol
remake20
Renata
robbiecon
RRRaskolnikov
Seon
Shadowbound
Snerk
Sommerswerd
soup567
sprig
SS-18 ICBM
Stuck in Pi
Super Sonic
taillesskangaru
Takhisis
Terrance888
TheForestAuro
TheLastOne36
Thermal Mercury
thomas.berubeg
tycoonist
Virote_Considon
wideyedwanderer
Winston Hughes
Zack

If you feel I have left something or someone off, PM me.

Past Voting

Best Mafia Performance and Best Town Performance
Best All Around Player, Best Innocent, and Best Mafia
Best Contributor to Mafia and Most Enjoyable Game
Best Small Game, Best Large Game, Best Setting/Storyline
Best Role and Best Host

Voting starts off for the following:

Best Mafia Performance - best performance by a mafia team in game

Spoiler :
18 points

• Isengard in "The Lord of the Rings Mafia"

11 points

• Undersea Mafia in "Spongebob Mafia"

7 points

• robbiecon and company in "Beatles Mafia"

3 points

• Zack in "Zack Mafia"

2 points

• Mafia and Lyncher in "A Kingmaker's Lynch"
  • Sith in "Star Wars Mafia: A New Hope"

1 point

• Mafia in "Mars Attacks!"
  • sprig and the gang in "Mafia: Vanilla Ice Cream With Sprinkles"
Best Town Performance - best performance by an innocent team in a game

Spoiler :
21 points

• Innocents in "C9 Mafia Game: Snowblind"

10 points

• Innocents in "Mars Attacks!"

3 points

• Innocents in "The Lord of the Rings Mafia"
  • Town, civplayah in particular, in "Zack Mafia"

2 points

• Innocents, Duncan Idahoes in particular, in "Mafia: Those Darn States"

1 point

• Cops in "Ultimate Dethy"

Voting closes in 48 hours.

My votes:

Best Mafia Performance

1. Isengard in "Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings"
2. Sith in "A New Hope: A Star Wars Mafia Game"

Best Town Performance

1. Innocents in "C9 Mafia Game: Snowblind"
2. Innocents in "Mafia Game: The Lord of the Rings"

Best mafia performance- Isengard, Lord of the Rings (1st), Zack, Zack Mafia (2nd)
Best town performance- The Duncan Idaho's (Taillesskangaru, Renata, Kennigit, and me) Those Darn States (1st), Cops, Ultimate Dethy (2nd)

Best Mafia Performance

1. Robbiecon in the Beatles Mafia.
2. The Undersea Mafia in the Spongebob Mafia.

Best Town Performance

1. Mars Attacks! Innocent team.
2. civplayah in Zack Mafia (he was the only one who correctly guessed that Zack was the mafia.)

Best Mafia Performance-
1 (for two points). Zack in Zack Mafia. Nobody even nearly suspected him (well, besides me) and he played a very fluid game where he stayed absolutely under-the-radar while the town was busy destroying themsevles.
2 (for one point). Aliens in Mars Attacks!!! I'll admit, I wasn't very active in this game, so I don't remember much about it, but I the aliens
played a very good game, and it kept me entertained.

Best Town Performance-
1 (for two points). Town in C9 Mafia- Snowblind. That was just an amazing game. Perfectly played by the town. :D
2 (for one point). Do we have to vote on two levels? Because I can't think of anything.

EDIT: I'll follow Catharsis and put reasons beside my votes. :)

Best Mafia Performance

1. Beatles Mafia - I'm referring mostly to robbiecon here. The other two mafia (Renata and Nictel) were lynched early on, but robbie ground out the win despite this, and I believe it was his first game on CFC as well.
2. Kingmaker's Lynch - civplayah, wideyedwanderer, flamingzaroc121 and the lyncher, landlubber. This is just personal, really - I was in that game and never got near to finding any of them.

Best Town Performance

1. C9 Snowblind - Not sure if this is allowed because I was one of those townies, but come on: this is the only game I know of in which no townies died at all.
2. Zack Mafia - Yes, I know the town lost Zack Mafia, but other than the fact that we didn't quite get the important twist, it was a good performance, I think. The cult was eradicated, and Darth Caesar and sprig in particular did quite well with their Town Leader role.

EDIT:

2 (for one point). Do we have to vote? Because I can't think of anything.
:lol: Yeah, one thing that stands out from looking back over these games is that we at CFC aren't very good at being Town.

Are vote changes allowed?

EDIT: If we are I change the best mafia performance 1st place vote to Robbiecon in the Beatles Mafia, I didn't play but I read through it and he seemed impressive. (Keep the second place though)

Just to clarify, you can vote for a group you were in for these.

Tally is being kept in post #2.

Best Mafia Performance
1. Undersea Mafia in Spongebob Mafia
2. Isengard in Lotr Mafia

Best Innocent Performance
1. SnowBlind Mafia
2. Innocents in Mars Attacks

Best Mafia Performance

1. Beatles Mafia - I'm referring mostly to robbiecon here. The other two mafia (Renata and Nictel) were lynched early on, but robbie ground out the win despite this, and I believe it was his first game on CFC as well.

And it was only my second game ever!

Best Mafia Performance
1. Spongebob Mafia - While I'd like to name Beatles as the best, it's perhaps more fitting for an individual award. And I'm still quite proud of the overall performance here. Selling out on DrumStudent was a necessary evil for an overall win.
2. Beatles Mafia - Well, you know, I had to mention it ;)

Best Town Performance
1. Mars Attacks Innocents: Great work from sprig, getting the town together, and things become much more organised. Led us to a victory, a true team effort, led by a powerful leader. Incidently, I think it's my only win as an innocent.
2. SnowBlind Innocents : Ok, I wasn't even here then, seeing as I've only been here since July, but no innocents died, so fair play.

Best Town:

1. Town in C9 Snowblind. Only time I've ever seen the townies win with no deaths. rhawn caught me on the third-vote bandwagon rule, which is also one of the few times I've ever seen that rule used to successfully catch a mafia, then Catharsis protected rhawn, and then got electric because he was voting with me. Excellent job, town, especially Catharsis and rhawn.
2. Many possible choices. I could go with Ultimate Dethy, but the innocent Cops were a little overpowered in that, even if we did play well, especially me and Romanichine, who did the actual catching of both mafia. I could go with Lord of the Rings, which, with some exception, we played well even if we lost. We managed to keep several roles known to be very important innocents alive until near the end, and it was a narrow loss. If not for Earthling, Bad Player, and Takhisis at the end, or maybe a few less WoGing's, or just something else working in our favor, we probably could have beaten Isengard. And hey, the game was biased in favor of the mafia. I could go with the innocents in Those Darn States, particularly the Duncan Idahos, which I doubt I really need to explain the reasoning behind. I could go with the Mars Attacks innocents, for catching all of the Martians easily, and without the benefit of a sane cop, as I died before scaning any martians.

In the end, I'm going to have to go with Mars Attacks.

Best Mafia:

1. Isengard, Lord of the Rings. Excellent performance there, mentlegen. You managed to get Mordor to absorb all of the innocents' wrath, and cruise on to victory. We never suspected Snerk until the end, and Autolycus even managed to be in the outer circle of innocents for a while when we were sharing our scan results, and it would have been a lot harder to catch him if Beefy hadn't replied to that PM. To be fair, Camikaze's unclearness when Beefy was lynched, even letting him keep his vote, really saved the game for you, but again, you played really, really well.
2. Undersea Mafia, Spongebob. Especially robbie, who as a scanned innocent (not) managed to infiltrate the main innocent group and lead us to our doom. I give props to you on keeping Auto/bestrfc and CG alive for so long when they were right at the top of our list, and you convinced us to lynch Love right at the end despite us knowing him to be Sandy. Also, you out-pizza'd askthepizzaguy, which is no easy task, and for that along, you deserve this.

Best Mafia Performance
1. Spongebob Mafia - While I'd like to name Beatles as the best, it's perhaps more fitting for an individual award. And I'm still quite proud of the overall performance here. Selling out on DrumStudent was a necessary evil for an overall win.
2. Beatles Mafia - Well, you know, I had to mention it ;)

The reason I rank Beatles above Spongebob is because in Spongebob, you were saved by your ability (remember, you were scanned on Night 2 because you were suspicious - if you hadn't been immune to scans, then it would quite possibly have meant an early exit; even if I'd ignored you and scanned someone else, john was out for your blood at that point) whereas in Beatles, you were Ringo, and therefore, had no ability whatsoever, so your survival took more skill.

That said, though, I don't know what went on after I died. If it was indeed you that convinced the innocents not to lynch CivG or Auto then it was a better performance than I'm giving you credit for.

Best Mafia team performances:
1) Undersea Mafia, Spongebob Mafia game - pretty close to a total mafia victory/personal goals too and very well played.
2) Isengard, LOTR mafia game

Best Townie team performances:
1) Townies, C9 Mafia - didn't play in it but reading over it the innocents did really well
2) Townies/Americans, Mars Attacks (and in particular the POTUS sprig did really well :))

other comment - I don't see what happened specifically with the Duncan Idahos guys? As in, they weren't a separate team from the town first of all, just like a mason group, and the town did well overall with several others, not just them; I might vote for best neutral performance one of the serial killers if they'll qualify but I'm not sure what you guys are remembering about the Duncans?

Player list needs updating, I think (and if you're really keen to get lots of votes, dropping them a PM probably wouldn't hurt, either!).

Best Mafia:
1) Isengard in LotR. These guys were under the radar for so long is was ridiculous.
2) sprig in choxorn's Vanilla Mafia: mainly just because I can't think of any others.

Best Town:
1) C9 Mafia Game: Snowblind. I didn't play this game, but I hear the town actually won, which I guess makes them a shoe-in.
2) The Town in LotR. Take it as a guilt vote.

Best Mafia:
1) Undersea Mafia in Spongebob. My popping was necessary for the total domination of Bikini Bottom!
2) Isengard in LOTR. Played very well.

Best Town:
1) Snowblind Town Wasn't there, but no town deaths is a good thing right?
2) Mars Attacks Town Played very well against my martians brethren.

I think it is safe to say that my game, Catchy Title Goes Here,won't win any awards. Perhaps Best Attempt At a Sane Game?

I won't vote, but I will say that the town in mars Attacks! were supposed to be having off at each other and the huge amount of lurkers and absent players actually helped them instead of the Martians as the latter had not as much room to hide as I intended them to.

Top Bottom