Return of the sword

can i ask some noob questions?
how do you deal with double moves?
how do you deal with diplomacy?

I would like to take part.
But 2 condition.
I'll return from vacation only at 20th Feb, so i can play if start will be delayed ...
And I think contact between players should be completely disallowed.

About my strength. I rely on recommendation from Penny and Ldeska :)

I can vouch for ntenistromeros - we met at the 1/16 qualifications of the KAC cup

COOL, it seems we are good to go :)

I will post the rules tomorrow but yes communication between players is not allowed.

We can start reverse pick process tommorow, I will do a random draw and post the pick order here.

VOX if you can get someone to play your start so we don't wait 3 weeks it will be great.

Maybe we can use some anonymity in-game - then we will limit the possible comunication between players further.

So I did a draw using random.org and this is what came up.

Ntenistromeros will pick first leader and we will follow one by one until Penny and then it reverses with Penny picking first civ LDeska second etc.

1. Ntenistromeros
2. Indiansmoke
3. Voxsu
4. Plattfuss
5. 2metraninja
6. OT4E
7. LDeska
8. Penny

Remember financial leaders are banned and difficulty is Monarch.

We will choose civs

We can choose in a PM to a third party.

But anyway - I guess this list consists of not only strong players, but also absolute fair ones :)

We can choose in a PM to a third party.

But anyway - I guess this list consists of not only strong players, but also absolute fair ones :)

Dude, we cannot choose via PM since we are use reverse pick and we need to know what others picked so we don't pick the same.

and Yes sportsmanship is expected in the game, spoiler threads will help I feel.

After invitation from Dvametraninja and Ldeska participation in this game this thread is popular in our forum :)

I think guys that U need some rules about this game to avoid any future flames between players and game administrator

POL KAC community playing Pitboss game since many years and our regulations are very restricted due to many many years of advanced playing.Game without rules seems a little wild and from my experience exist huge risk to not end this game because of problems between players.

Most important differences between your game and our games is "always war" option and this point make this game a little easier to play but have also some minuses...

I've some basic question.

* how much time is one turn? 24 h/day?
* players may enter the game only once during the round?
* what about double moves ? we have some regulations about double moves (for example time of abolition for both players )
* in the case of the trip, absence, illness, U guys allows for the player replacement ? it should also be someone from outside ,not the main player.

below u can find part of our regulation about double moves.Maybe some of them are useful?

3.01 During the war, the principle of alternating movements of the exercise by the warring parties - see section 1.14. One player moves first, and this order is valid for the duration of the war.
Execution time round is then divided into two parts.
3.02. During the first about 11 hours of dual movement is completely forbidden. The end of this period is set at 21.00 hours
3.03. After this time limit is to implement the ban holds up traffic with a double movement, but only in this one round.
3.04 Leaving the rounds during the war does not change the order of moves.
3.05 Leaving the player's turn is accelerating the first round, this means that he is gone. It can not go after your opponent and do missed turn.
3.06 Prohibition of double movement applies also in the round preceding the declaration of war. A player may not have lasting peace when you move the second and the next attack first.
3.07 Players may derogate from the principle of alternating rounds of mutual consent.
3.08 Players should play fair and strive to perform round as soon as possible so as not to block others. Respect each other and Respecting your free time.
3.08 Despite the limitations imposed on the modem and the rules there is a fair balance between player on first and second place.
There are significant differences in some situations it is better to be the first and in others the latter. A player joining the war is aware of this and will not complain ever claim to this title.
3.09 A player attacking the state which does not result in war with anyone is free to choose whether he wants to move first or second, and in accordance with its decision to perform the attack.
3.10 The player joins the ongoing war now has to adjust the order of the inputs to the ongoing war now.
3.11 In the case of complex situations and wars between several countries the player with questions should I ask your admin to the order of moves in the war.

etc etc..

* do u have some administrator of the game?administrator make playable map ,loading game at the server and decide about flame situation

Thanks for the info Marchwik :)

I will post rules when I get the chance but on the most crucial issue which is double moves my philosophy is simple.... the game should be played without any double moves whatsoever!

This means that players should show sportsmanship and avoid double moves and it also means pausing the game to allow for your opponent to play in time.

The game will take longer but it is the only way it can be played fairly and reach an end IMO. Having 12 hour rules etc is pointless as at some point someone will not be able to move in time, he will lose something important and lose meaning of the game.

I believe we have 8 mature and experienced players here, everyone understands what a double move is and I expect everyone to play fair so there will be not much need for reloads and admin intervention.

We will also need an admin for this game, someone who will be able to log in game and decide on disputes about double moves (whether we need reload or not), would you be interested in that role?

would you be interested in that role?

I'm a Ponti ,Indiansmoke :) we are playing each other in KacCup once. Ponti was already occupied
;)

Thank you Indiansmoke but for now I will not have much time. For now I play one big Pitboss game (with Leszek also),PBEM and organize a Pitboss small game as a administrator for our rookies players

But if U have someone to preparing map for U guys ,just let me know :)

I'm a Ponti ,Indiansmoke :) we are playing each other in KacCup once. Ponti was already occupied
;)

Thank you Indiansmoke but for now I will not have much time. For now I play one big Pitboss game (with Leszek also),PBEM and organize a Pitboss small game as a administrator for our rookies players

But if U have someone to preparing map for U guys ,just let me know :)

Of course I remember Ponti :)

Top Bottom