New Unit: Russian BMP3

utahjazz7

Deity
This is the BMP3. It is a mechanized infantry unit for the Russians.

EDIT: Thanks for the help with the sound problem, everyone. I've decided to just drop the "3" from BMP3. Now the unit is just the BMP. I tested it in-game, and everything seems to be fine with the sounds. I've zipped the renamed files and uploaded them; the new BMP.zip is now linked the the "Download" hypertext below. If you're reading this thread for the first time, ingnore what I just said about sound problems and download the BMP! ;)

Download.

Ah yes, maybe I am the first to download this work of art!

Originally posted by zulu9812
As for why the sounds don't work, did you make sure they are 22, 050 MHz and 16-bit Mono?

I don't think that there would be any problems like that becasue the sounds are from CivIII units. First, I tried to use the CivIII mechanized infantry sounds, but they wouldn't play in-game. Then, I tried switching the sounds to the modern armor sounds, but they wouldn't play either. So, I tried renaming the mechanized infantry sounds to BMP3Death.wav, BMP3Attack.wav, etc.--which is what I zipped and uploaded. But this didn't help either. :(

I don't think there are misspellings in the file names or the .ini file because there was no error message in CivIII. The sounds just didn't play. I don't understand.

I downloaded the sounds, and converted them to the proper format, and they still did not play in game. :(

GIDustin

Originally posted by GIDustin
I downloaded the sounds, and converted them to the proper format, and they still did not play in game. :(

GIDustin

Well, at least it's not just me. I don't feel so dumb now. I still don't understand why my units always have something wrong with them. Why me? Why? Why? ;)

Originally posted by utahjazz7

I don't think that there would be any problems like that becasue the sounds are from CivIII units. First, I tried to use the CivIII mechanized infantry sounds, but they wouldn't play in-game. Then, I tried switching the sounds to the modern armor sounds, but they wouldn't play either. So, I tried renaming the mechanized infantry sounds to BMP3Death.wav, BMP3Attack.wav, etc.--which is what I zipped and uploaded. But this didn't help either. :(

I don't think there are misspellings in the file names or the .ini file because there was no error message in CivIII. The sounds just didn't play. I don't understand.

Very weird problem and I'm not sure of the cause. The sounds did not work in game but then I changed the name of the unit folder and unit INI file to "BP" and "BP.ini" and the sounds worked. Must be something about the name of the folder. Maybe just slightly change the name. :confused:

maybe the fact that there is a number in the file name? Not sure though because my V3 Rocket worked. The folder was "V3Rocket", but the sound files did not have numbers in them.

Weird problem. Maybe FIRAXIS could explain it.

GIDustin

Yes, CIV III does Not like the Three Capital Abbreviations followed by a Number ONLY. Why...Who Knows? Programming "Hang Up" ...Any way, Simply Rename the Folder and the .ini file to BMP_3 (using an underscore line between BMP and 3) and the Mech Infantry Sounds or any others will work just fine. Nice Unit ...My Russian Friends were Very Pleased to get it. :cool:

I renamed my files to just BMP--without the three. Oooh, I rhymed. ;) Anyway, the sound problem appears to be fixed. The "Download" hypertext in the first post now links to the new, renamed files. It's BMP.zip. Hopefully, there are no further problems.

The state of Utah is a big manufacture of Tanks.;)

notice this was a bad joke, if you did not understand it, its understandebel

Originally posted by utahjazz7
I've decided to just drop the "3" from BMP3. Now the unit is just the BMP.
Very nice unit! But it is a pity you dropped the "3". :) The mass produced BMP-1 and BMP-2 from the Cold War era were very different vechicles. In contrast to the BMP-3, they have also met the Bradley (the default animation) in combat during the Gulf Wars. Maybe if you find some time you could extend the BMP family?

Woulden't it work if you write "BMP-3" instead of "BMP3"? I believe it does, since I have other units with numbers, but I then have a "-" between letters and numbers...

If "BMP-3" works, then go for it. I just shortened mine to "BMP." Everyone else can do as they like. :)

great unit:D ,too bad thats not wut im looking for in my mod.

Top Bottom