TSG8 After Action Report

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
Hi everyone and welcome to the TSG8 After Action Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

Please attach use the new submission page to submit your final .Civ5Save file, saved AFTER the victory ceremony if you were not conquered (using the "Lemme play one more turn" feature.).

Please also state your HoF score. We are using a new parser that is in its infancy. It is important that you post your .Civ5Save file from the turn after your victory or defeat, or the turn before your defeat should you lose by conquest.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). The game will not be closed as such, but after three weeks, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the closing date.

Good Luck and have fun! :high5:

edit -
You can upload your saves via this link to a submission form.

Won at turn 297. First time i reached modern era since i have the game(september) :p
No reload, no replay, fast forward and no trade and burn lux exploit(like a multiplayer game :D).

Spoiler :
I went 4 cities--->Landed Elite--->NC,NT. Spotted my 2nd city aggressively close to my 2 neighbors, but i wanted to destroy them in anyway. I lead in production and gold post turn 70 until the end. When all libraries were built, i spammed and upgraded some warriors to swordmen and killed Romans. I waited some turns later and went to war with Darius.

I made 2 mistake there. I annexed one of the Persian cities but before NC conpleted, and this bad move had reported the National Treasury by like 12 turns :(. But after that i began to have enough money to buy what i want through turns. When i discovered the other continent, i massively traded luxuries and signed a lot of RAs. I allied many cultural cs to keep getting policies at a good rate.

All civs except Askia and Ramesses suddenly became guarded when i finished the Apollo Program. Went to a lame war with Suly and i got a nice pile of gold from him some turns later. I kept 3 cities for clusters and 2 others with highest production for last parts(Capital and Rome, my only 2 riversided cities and close to an hill as well--->hydro plant +windmill). Used 2 great scientists to discover the last 2 techs needed for the spaceship, then entered a golden age from reformation policy to speed this up. Catherine finished the Manhattan Project 2 turns before i launched ship, but was still too late...:)

I filled the Tradition policy first, then went to Theocracy from Piety, then Meritocracy for a late wonder. I focused on happiness first because i had a lot of cities to keep happy and growing.

Forgot the save.

Edit : failed to upload...i will try later.

Grrr! The forums upload problem is going to cause trouble for this game!

I'll try to set up a submission page on the GOTM web server asap.

Sorry, forgot about the attachment problem. Currently, you will be unable to attach your saves in the forums. While this problem is being resolved, please report your games and we will let you know when we have a resolution. Please keep your saves so you can post them when the problem is resolved.

:thanx: for your patience.

Alright then. Is it the same problem for all sort of attachements or only save files?

All attachments are affected. You can't upload text, image files ... even avatars

After getting about 8 allied city-states I realized Diplo-victory was the only way to go. Won around turn 350 with a score of 2301.

Killed off Rome and Persia pretty early so I had the continent to myself. In doing so I earned the ire of the rest of the nations (except for Askia) and they all declared war on me around turn 330. The ottomans had pretty much the whole other continent and were 1st place in score.

Because of all the allies I had more strategic / luxury resources than I knew what do with. I decided on just having 3 cities so I could get the full patronage policy track. Also went with Piety full, Order full, and some Honor policies.

I was pleased to see that the Ottomans actually built an air force and successfully used it. I was displeased that the AI still leaves artillery units right out in the open for easy kills, and embarked units undefended by anything else. Muther-f*(ing Suleiman also nuked one of my cities, the bastard. I was lucky enough to sneak attack one of his atom bomb laden carriers with my nuclear submarine but he must of had another one sitting pretty in his city. I still think there should be a chance that aircraft should be able to intercept the atom bomber plane. SDI would be nice too.

Overall, first game I've ever won on emperor so still pretty happy about it! :goodjob:

Well, my game was far from optimal, it's was just a testing of new patch mostly. I should say that the gameplay became more intresting and rich, so i was getting a lot of fun during the play. However some thing still annoying me like CC still don't recognize the road built to them during quest.

The tactics was simple: first to conquer my own continent and then to make as more RA's as possible with the civs on other continent. I cleared my continent around 1AD and then start to develop cities i had at that moment. In the end of the game situation was like this: Russia control almost all big continet, while i was controling the small. I made a lot of mistakes in managment, but still i think my result will be competetive to others.

Thanks to organizators for another great opportunity to improve my skills.

Strange, but i can't attach the save, however i can send it via e-mail, if you tell me one.

To overcome the current difficulties with forum post attachments, I have built a new submission page for your Civ5 GOTM entries.

Please use this form to upload your final save. The form will give you feedback on your result, and these will also be emailed to you.

Please let me know here if the form gives you any problems.

@Shalke 04
No, your attachment didn't upload.

Please see the message at the top of every forum that advises that there are problems with attachments.

Please also see my post #4 above ... and this post.

Turn 296 for me... :D

Well im not going to be in top 3 :lol: (it wasnt the goal)

This was my first ship launched since almost 5 years after all!(vanilla civ4). Multiplayer games took almost all my spare time :goodjob:

Almost all my RAs gave me techs from the bottom tree...:( had to hard tech everything with some gs.

If i really want to be better, i have to learn how to manipulate RAs.

Edit : In last 20 turns i flirted with around 1000 bpt. Ah i've just seen the submission thread. When i finish work i will post my save.

Edit : In last 20 turns i flirted with around 1000 bpt. Ah i've just seen the submission thread. When i finish work i will post my save.
Always good to have a test case. :)

1st GOTM and 1st post here!

I didn't take notes, but I simply went for puppetting caesar until he wasn't a threat (but left him rome). As soon as I made peace with him persia attacked. I puppetted almost all the empire. I only created 3 cities.
I then went tried to ally most of the CS on the map and focused on science. victory at turn 352 with a score of 1822.
I should have conquered rome entirely, could have used some more money through the game. All in all it was great fun to play on this fractal map with imposed victory conditions. Thx to the GOTM team

Thanks lepignouf. Your submission was successful.

Tabarnak's submission failed, because I forgot to tell the system to look for previous players in the old Training Game database :blush:. I've fixed that, so you should be able to submit now.

We'll get there!

1st GOTM and 1st post here!
:wavey:
Welcome to CivFanatics and GoTM.

Nothing like starting with a successful game, and upload of your result. ;)
:thumbsup:

Thanks, Morcar_civ5.

My change to the system to recognise you as a previous player didn't upload to the server correctly last night. I've re-applied it, and it now works. I have resubmitted your entry under your current name.

Made a detailed report what I did till 1400 AD in the other thread "in progress", so I wont copy paste what I wrote there.

Basically after having my own little continent, I was in a permanent state of gold ages till the end. I bribed all non military city states, kept RA's running and entered myself towards globalization while just building every econ building.

Could have scraped about 40 turns easily off the end, if I actually had the brain to properly RA block all the techs in the modern era, however it is harder then it seems since there are just to many techs to block when the tree splits.

Fun facts, the ottomans were at war with about everyone in the other continent, but were stomping the russians pretty hard. I ended the game with almost 1500 BPT and somehow I did not scout out all the city states :lol: . Also when I finished researching Globalization there were 3 GE's waiting to speedbuild the UN.

Also I have played CIV4 Gotm and Sotm but not a civ5 one yet, so I havent read up on the new rules, and I am too tired tbh to do it right now, and since I can not attach the save atm ill figure out later what to do :p

Top Bottom