Persia: Destructor of Civilization

strijder20

Wallowing in irony
I, as everyone who plays civ, loves RFC. So I thought it would be fitting to make a story about it.
It seems some civs are overhyped *Cough Rome-and-England cough* and a lot of stories are made about them, so I won't play as those civs.
Other civs are great fun to play, e.g. Germany, but I have already played as them, so for the sake of diversion I won't play as them either.
So who do we have left? The Khmer, the Chinese, the Indians, and...
Persia.
Everyone hates Persia, right? :lol: It's the civ who comes to crush you when you are playing as Greece, it's the civ which splits off your empire when you are reigning over one of the caliphates, it's the civ which comes settling in your territory when you conquer India as the British...
So I take the heavy and gruesome task on me to lead the Persians to uber trolldom.
Me and my fellow Persians will try to troll as many civilizations as possible : taking home territories, sweeping Europe clean of cities, killing the Americans on spawn, using conquistadors to attack China...
Yes, that sounds like Yoshi's Destruction of History, but I'm not planning to copyparrot him. I will try to stay in Persia and the Middle-East, and I won't go settling on Australia (Unless I want to :p).
Update coming today or tomorrow.

Subbed.

All hail the great Persiatroll! Subbed, should be good :goodjob:

How many England game has there been?

Oh, a small but quite essential detail : I'm playing on RFC: DOC. Should add a little more flavour.
I'm also doing viceroy, so I 'll be able to troll more :mwaha:

subbed

Cyrus looked upon his people. A few seconds ago, there was only an empty plain, but now there was a huge army standing there. And it was all his! Surely he could troll two or three civilizations to the annales of history with it.
An old man came to him. ‘Oh Cyrus, great ruler! Let’s found a city here! It shall be great, and it shall be named Persepolis!’ To troll the old man, he ordered his settlers to move to the south, and found the Persian capital there. It was named Sirajis.
Spoiler :

After this, the Petrollsian ( Cyrus decided to rename his nation. Troll, because of obvious reasons, and petrol, because there was a lot of sticky black liquid in the neighbourhood) army moved west, to the Babylonian city of Shush. The defenders, realizing they could not beat so great an army, promptly joined Petrollsia. The lazy Babylonian king did not declare war.
Spoiler :

But Cyrus did! And soon Babylon was taken. The old man, which he now knew was some kind of advisor, came to him again and said ‘Cyrus! Cyrus! Oh great ruler! Let us name this city Babyrush, crown jewel of the middle east!’
‘What idiot would rush with babies’ said Cyrus, and the city was renamed Axerush.
Cyrus’ army, exploring the area west and discovering many very interesting things, met a queen, called Dido. Dido, seeing an enormous Petrollsian army on her doorstep, made a very wise decision after hours of thought: she declared war. Needless to say, soon the Phoenician city-states were no more…
Spoiler :

Cyrus, ever hungry for power, decided to conquer the independent country of Israel too. They had a curious belief: they thought there was only one god, Yahweh. Cyrus, the tolerant leader he was, let them continue this belief, but Yahweh was renamed Cyrus.
Spoiler :

Explorations to the east revealed a group of men and women with very long hair smoking a kind of grass. One of them stepped forward and introduced himself as Asoka, leader of the Indian people. Cyrus decided to leave him alone, expecting the Indian empire would fall apart soon anyway.
Spoiler :

And further to the west another kingdom was found, led by a man with a strange kind of beard. Great piles of stone were seen, and Cyrus decided that this country called ‘Egypt’ would be his next target, as he liked piles of stone (and they were said to have mysterious powers, allowing police state thousands of years before the invention of fascism).
Spoiler :

Finally what was left of the Phoenician city-states collapsed thanks to Cyrus’s telepathic waves crushing the minds of the Carthaginians. Seeing the power of great Cyrus, the people of Ninua joined the Persian empire.
Spoiler :

Many more empires ready to be conquered were discovered in the following years. To the west you had the Greeks, led by a certain Pericles who never put his helmet off, and the salad-loving Romans, who looked innocent enough. And to the east a group of club-armed savages came, speaking a language which was as incomprehensible as Chinese. That might have to do with the fact that it was Chinese.

After many years of smoking weeds, all weeds of the Indian empires were gone. Seeking for more, the crazy Indians decided to declare war on the Petrollsian empire.
Spoiler :

The Romans, testing a new kind of weapon called a ‘sword’, managed to conquer a Greek city. Cyrus did not fear the Romans, as he called a great wave of Barbarian friends from the north to invade Rome. Sadly enough, they were rather slow, and would only arrive in a thousand years from now.
Spoiler :

An Egyptian weed-seller went to the Indian empire to sell massive amounts of weeds, and peace was made with India. This way, Cyrus could fully concentrate on creating an army to raze the Egyptian empire.
Spoiler :

Cyrus travelled on a horse to China, saying that he was the supreme god-king of Persia. He also explained that if someone would kill him, a new god-king would appear from nowhere and lead Petrollsia to great glory. The Chinese ruler was so amazed by this that he gave Cyrus the secret of Mathematics. Now Cyrus could count the amount of soldiers in his army. There were twenty thousand five hundred and a half of them.
Spoiler :

Petrollsia was in peril! A great amount of spearmen decided Petrollsia should be wiped off the map. Soldiers were hastely brought to the western border.
Spoiler :

But the friends of Petrollsia, the independent archers, fought off the Philistines with success.
Spoiler :

Cyrus was finally ready with building his empire. Now he could concentrate on his real goal: destruction of civilization. Soon nothing would be left of Egypt, India would be a pile of ashes and Rome and Greece a pile of marble ruins which would be visited by millions of tourists 2500 years in the future!

Great update.

And the mighty Petrollsia rises over all! :mwaha:

This is going to be one interesting story.

haha, nice

Cyrus called his generals to his office. The army was marching to Egypt, and the old immortal tactic had lost it’s effect, with axes replacing bows. The cities were barely defended, and any ridiculous nation, such as Greece, would be able to conquer quite a few of them before his progress came to a grinding halt. Surely Petrollsia would be able to raise an army capable of trolling civilization to the underworld, but it needed time. If it would be attacked now, then…
The old man rushed into the throne room, exhausted.
‘Oh God-King Cyrus! Oh God-King Cyrus! I have run 42 kilometres to tell you this! The Greeks have declared war! We must promptly withdraw our army from the Egyptian border and stop them!’
Spoiler :

Cyrus thought for a moment. Delaying the war with Egypt and teaching the Greeks what warfare really was like would be the most logical decision. But why would he follow logic? Wasn’t he, Cyrus Ozimandius, Troll of all trolls? They would look upon his armies, those unmighty, and despair!
So to troll his oldest advisor he promptly declared war on Egypt.
Spoiler :

On hindsight, that decision was wiser than it seemed, as the Greeks reconquered Appolonia from the Romans. Cyrus knew the Romans weren’t good at war. It was not like they had a good early UU, with, say, a ridiculous strength boost and a bonus against axemen, capable of stomping every civilization.
Spoiler :

The town of Pi-Ramesses was soon captured by the glorious Petrollsian Army. Guarded by axes only, Persian chariots slaughtered it’s garrison, laughing at the Egyptians who clearly hadn’t heard of ‘balanced defence’. Cyrus, hating any civilization but his, ordered to burn the city.
Spoiler :

Meanwhile, in the priest-town of Jerusalem, Mulla Sadra was born. He teached the Petrollsians a lot about Theology, and then he just died.
Spoiler :

When a certain man, Jesus Christus, heard the Petrollsians were the first to discover Theology, he came to Persia. A Roman legion which was strolling around in the area decided to murder him, but not before he taught the Persians about Catholicism.
Spoiler :

Cyrus ordered his troops to push further into Egypt, and cleaning that particular country of civilization. The poor-defended capital was soon destroyed, and after a few hundred years no one remembered who built the Pyramids. Cyrus would claim to have built those stone tombs all by himself, but for some reason many would not believe him.
Spoiler :

And soon the last stronghold of Cleopatra was captured and, needless to say, burned to the ground. Trololol!
Spoiler :

Egyptian fugitives founded a new civilization deep into Africa. Cyrus brainwashed them with his paranormal powers. This made them forget who razed their homeland, and they adapted Catholicism as their state region. Petrollsia had made it’s first ally.
Well, ally until it was time to crush them.
Spoiler :

After having made a very successful campaign in Egypt, Cyrus returned to Petrollsia (where else) . There he found out the old man, who ruled the country when Cyrus was away, had made peace with Greece. Cyrus was furious, as Petrollsia had noone to crush now.
Spoiler :

Or had they? It seems India had run out of weeds yet again.
Spoiler :

Currency was discovered. This made Cyrus happy, as he could now ask money as taxes instead of cattle. Having two million cows in the stable of his palace was getting a little dirty.
Spoiler :

The Greeks showed the Persians how to build theatres, huge walls and little towers on the back of Elephants. These Elephants would make a welcome addition to the army.
Spoiler :

The Indians sent a group of parrots to sabotage Trollopolis. This outraged Cyrus, and he ordered the elephant trainers to train their elephants faster.
Spoiler :

The little border town of Jaipur was razed to the ground. But the Petrollsian army was winded and tired, so Cyrus made peace with India. The war would be resumed once the Persian war elephants would be ready for battle.
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

A great palace was constructed, stressing the fact that Cyrus was an extremely powerful, charming, capable and humble ruler. Cyrus allowed the Catholic elite to hold their conferences in his palace, and Ninua was declared the new holy city of Catholicism.
Spoiler :

Trolloposian guards reported to have seen a Chinese siege engine to their north. ‘Ah, great!’ Cyrus thought, ‘Surely those Chinese will go and raze Europe. They must be trolls too!’
Spoiler :

The army was ready, and open hostilities broke out again.
Spoiler :

Romeon and Julias, a young Greek couple, came to Petrollsia to be married in the Catholic tradition. Cyrus ordered the construction of a great wall near the Bosporus, on which a picture of the newly-wed and the words : ‘We own you, Greeks!’ were painted. This upset Alexander and he declared war.
Spoiler :

Ah, Dilli! Pinacle of culture! Holy city of Hinduism and Buddhism! Home of artists and philosophers! Perfect place to raze!
Spoiler :

But while the Persian army was occupied in India, an army of Greek mercenaries took the city of Samarkand. It was soon recaptured, but it enraged Cyrus to a great extent, as this was the first Petrollsian city to be taken.
Spoiler :

But near Trollopolis things went better. A small Greek army was destroyed and brave Petrollsians founded a fort called ‘Byzantium’.
Spoiler :

Another great prophet came to Ninua, this time to construct a building to honour the catholic god. When the construction of the building was completed, a loose stone fell on his head and he died.
Spoiler :

Egypt destroyed, India collapsing… Cyrus was satisfied. Surely more ‘civilizations’ would rise, but no one could stop him from making Persia the only civilization in the world! His barbarian friends would soon arrive, and Rome and Greece would fall. They would settle down and form new civilizations, which he could destroy! Life was good.
Cyrus ordered his army to garrison Jerushalim, as he knew the Arabian peoples would soon unite and attack his empire. He did not know when exactly they would come, as the calendar wasn’t invented yet.
Oh wait… it was. It turned out it was only 220 AD, and the Arabians would not come for another four hundred years. This meant Jerusalem would be safe for a little longer, and his army could go…
Troll civilizations!

Subbed! Who doesn't love a troll?

Nice! Also, when did you found Trollopolis?

394 BC. Or between the first and the second update :p
Sorry, I forgot to screenshot it, it seems.
It's a great spot: two seafood, two wheat, and lots of lovely plain hills (+ a marble) which you can mine for production.

Top Bottom