Villages

christos200

Never tell me the odds
Villages:

Rules:

Joining:

Every day there will be one update.
You claim 1 territory.
Every 24 hours you get 10 Eps, 10 Lp's and 10 CP, until you built some buildings. That also mean that if in one day you miss the update, you get 10 more P's since 24 hours passed!
You can get up to 30 Ep's, 30 Lp's and 30 CP.
If you want to get more built one of those buildings:

1) Store ( every LV of this allows you to store 20 more P's ) cost: 5 Ep's, 5 Lp's, 5 CP
2) Ep building ( Every LV of this allows you to get 10 more Ep's) cost: 5 Ep's
3) Lp building ( Every LV of this allows you to get 10 more Lp's) cost: 5 Lp's
4) CP building ( Every LV of this allows you to get 10 more CP) cost: 5 CP

Wars:

To built an army or navy you must built this:

Training building ( allows you to built armies) cost 2 CP, 2 Ep's and 2Lp's

Each army costs 3 Ep's, 3 CP and 3 Lp's. Each navy costs 5 Ep's, 5 CP and 5 Lp's.

In order to expand you must built this:

Colony ( allows you to expand.) Cost: 100 Ep's, 100 CP and 100 Lp's.

Once you built the colony you can expand.

Expansion: Each territory has 1 army and one navy (only if it is a coastal province) to protect it as a basis. Then i will RNG and see how extra armies they will have.

You can sent armies and navies, only in coastal provinces, to attack and take over those territories.

Before you built the colony you cant expand or attack. While you cant attack until you get the colony, the NPC can attack you.

Battles will be done with RNG.

Also you can:

1) Built:

Walls ( each LV of this gives you 5% defense bonus) cost: 50 Ep's, 50 Lp's and 50 CP.

2) You can create tribes. Each tribes must have it own SG, leader ( the founder) and rules. Players can join tribes to become allies and have protection against enemys and NPC's.

3) There will be many NPC's. There are going to be 2 NPC types:

a) Major NPC's ( They work like players but they are controlled by the GM.)
b) Minor NPC's ( Every province in-game that is unclaimed is a minor NPC. Minor NPC's have always 1 army or 1 navy to defend their territory. But they can do an attack on the player. RNG will decide if the player is attacked and with how many armies it is attacked. So players, even if they cant expand or attack, are forced to create a strong army.)

4) Every week i will rank the top 5 players and NPC's.

5) You can make OB agreements, trade ( say what you trade. Example: player 1 asks player 2 or NPC to give him 4 Lp's for 3 Ep's) and defense pact.

Map:

Spoiler :

Anyone?

I think 24 hours is to short a period :)

I think 24 hours is to short a period :)
Actually, the idea has a lot of merit.

If I understand it correctly, you simply accumulate various types of points to spend every 24 hours... without even having to be there every day, since the points accumulate.

If you can't be there every few days, then you can simply invest your points in buildings that allow you to accumulate a higher cap amount of points, meaning that you can be away for longer and still not lose out on gained points.

As with any IOT, the more that you participate, the better that you will (likely) do, so it's not meant to be completely passively played but is set up to avoid punishing people like SamSniped who mostly only seems to get computer access on weekends.

The beautiful part about the system, as long as the Game Master doesn't get overwhelmed with having to make so many updates, is that the pace of the game is known, so you can actually plan your real-life schedule around the game.

In fact, since expansion isn't as ridiculously quick as in many other IOTs, you can afford to miss putting in orders for a few 24-hour periods without having much of a negative impact, meaning that you can participate when you have the time and can come to the thread on just about any day knowing that you'll have points available for spending.

The game even has the notion of Barbarians randomly attacking (represented by the minor NPC tribes), which prevents players from building nothing but the equivalent of Settlers and Workers, meaning that you won't see one person going purely for economy from the start running away with the game and also meaning that you're almost certainly going to have a standing army, meaning that it won't be trivial to eliminate another player at the beginning of the game.

As some constructive feedback, it looks to me like each of the types of points (EPs, LPs, and CPs) are spent almost always at the same time as each other in similar amounts. I.e. You're almost always going to be spending these points in equal groups of three. Even the EP Building, LP Building, and CP Building types will probably all be purchased in groups of 3, to avoid only having an excess of one type of points.

As a result, the whole system could probably be simplified into only needing 1 type of points, without hurting gameplay.

The example of trading could be simplified from:
trade ( say what you trade. Example: player 1 asks player 2 or NPC to give him 4 Lp's for 3 Ep's) and defense pact.

to:
trade ( say what you trade. Example: player 1 asks player 2 or NPC to give him 1 [aka 4 - 3 = 1] point and defense pact.)

I only have time for one IOT at a time these days, but if updates really did come every day, then it looks like it would be a lot of fun for both regularly-participating and casual players alike (as opposed to most IOTs that favour the regularly-participating players far above and beyond the casual players).

Correct! That was my idea. You loose 2 day. And so what? You get your points every 24 hours even if you dont give orders at times.

Even if i miss one update, the next day you will have those extra points. That means that you get Points every day even if i dont update.

Of course i will update every day, but i wanted everyone to know that the points you gain are not gained by updates.

For example, if something happens and i cant update, you still get your points every 24 hours.

Also i forgot to say that even if there is going to be a lot time until you get the ability to claim territories, you must have an army because almost every turn barbs will attack.

I have made the game so it force you to built a strong army!

Not needing to be present to accumulate points is a good idea.

However, I'd remove the limit and instead make it so that if three days pass, the country passes to GM rule.

To simplify things for you, however, I'd limit how many buildings can be built(i.e. one a province).

Actually, the idea has a lot of merit.

<snip>

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good idea and I like to participate in it. I just think that the 24 hours is to short a period and that it's a reason for people not to play it.

(reading it back I didn't explain myself properly)

I'll join as Andalusia.

This looks good, but I want to know what era this starts in. Ancient? Greece and Rome? Midevil? Colonization? Modern? Post Apocaliptic?

Its Medieval, but you can create an alien byzantine empire or the Chinese x-men if you want.

Ok. I will wait for more players to join.

Top Bottom