Most Anticipated New Civilization II

Which civilization do you look forward to the most in the new expansion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sparthage

Fighting Tyranny
NOTE: This thread is the long-promised, official sequel to this poll.

So we now know eight of nine civilizations that will be included in Civ5 G&K. Of these, which are you most excited for?

Options (w/ results from original):
Netherlands - 1st - 91 votes - 24.80%
Mayans - 5th - 60 votes - 16.35%
Celts - 2nd - 75 votes - 20.44%
Byzantines - 3rd - 72 votes - 19.62%
Carthage - 4th - 69 votes - 18.88%
Huns - NEW!
Austria - NEW!
Ethiopia - NEW!

Since making the first poll, I have become more excited for the Celts over the Carthaginians. I'm not happy to see Hannibal be replaced as leader of the Carthaginians, because of his significant historical importance in regards to the rise of Rome...

Also, I'm hoping to make a sequel to my story in Civ5, and the Celtic civ will let me do that.

Would be better to wait until Friday to know the 9th civ or when they released this info,someone will add the 9th civ in this poll?

They're going to reveal the last one in the next couple of days. Wouldn't it have just made more sense to wait?

I didn't see that news anywhere...:dunno:

But yeah, I'm pretty sure the mods can make the change when it's needed.

I'm looking forward to the Austrians, although if the Zulu are the 9th civ (unlikely), they'd beat out the Austrians for my most anticipated civ.

why is it unlikly?

I figure 1) The Ethopians are back, so that's already one African civ and 2) I figure we would have heard about it by now, right? The Zulu have been in demand since the game came out. Sure, they could be saving the best for last, but I just have a feeling the last civ is not the Zulu.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong though.

I voted Byzantines, the extra belief seem kinda interesting, maybe they'll be my next favorite civ, who knows...
I figure 1) The Ethopians are back, so that's already one African civ and 2) I figure we would have heard about it by now, right? The Zulu have been in demand since the game came out. Sure, they could be saving the best for last, but I just have a feeling the last civ is not the Zulu.

I'll be happy if I'm wrong though.
Zulu would be great, but what I really hope is something more like Australians natives. Think about it, it would be great we could use them, but, if implemented, they'll probably would end up being something like Polynesia. Although a Boomerang Warrior would be really cool in the game :crazyeye:

I voted Byzantines, the extra belief seem kinda interesting, maybe they'll be my next favorite civ, who knows...

Zulu would be great, but what I really hope is something more like Australians natives. Think about it, it would be great we could use them, but, if implemented, they'll probably would end up being something like Polynesia. Although a Boomerang Warrior would be really cool in the game :crazyeye:

I was just thinking how about Australia its a possibilty no one has mentioned much?

The Aborigines would be interesting too, if they made them kind of contrast Polynesia. Made them into a land based explorer, with the ability to cross any terrain with ease type of civ. Or some kind of survival skills of some sort. They were great traders too.

Also, I think Australia or New Zealand would work for an Anzac unit or a light horse for WWI.

I was just thinking how about Australia its a possibilty no one has mentioned much?

The Aborigines would be interesting too, if they made them kind of contrast Polynesia. Made them into a land based explorer, with the ability to cross any terrain with ease type of civ. Or some kind of survival skills of some sort. They were great traders too.

Also, I think Australia or New Zealand would work for an Anzac unit or a light horse for WWI.

Maybe a British vs Aborigines scenario? I know it's not anounced, but it'll be cool... But if you think about it, we already have Uluru, and Sidney Opera House, and tough Sidney is already a CS, they can change it. I haven't seen that CS in any of the screenshots, so maybe there's a little chance, and it may fill that part of the globe. I think there are not even mods for Australia, but I could be wrong.

Maybe a British vs Aborigines scenario? I know it's not anounced, but it'll be cool... But if you think about it, we already have Uluru, and Sidney Opera House, and tough Sidney is already a CS, they can change it. I haven't seen that CS in any of the screenshots, so maybe there's a little chance, and it may fill that part of the globe. I think there are not even mods for Australia, but I could be wrong.

That would be interesting. And no I have not seen any mods for Australia. I would love to slip an extra shrimp on the barby.

Link to video.:lol:

Aboriginals would be difficult to do. Like, really difficult. Such as what will you call them? Can't call them Aboriginal because, well that can mean hundreds of different native peoples all over the world. Who will their leader be? Apart from a few noted warriors and a large number of modern Aboriginals, we have no idea who their leaders were (Eddy Marbo would be my pick). What will their cities be called? The Aboriginals never founded cities, perhaps you could use the names of tribes as city names? Or perhaps the names of modern Aboriginal Settlements. One things for sure, their UA >Must< be called "Dreamtime"

As for Australia; I'd do it
Leader: Lachlan Macquarrie (or Henry Parks. anyone else and you get too partisan)
UA - A Sunburnt Country = Farms on plains and desert produce 1 extra food (to represent the competitive advantage Australia has in Agriculture), Coal produces double resources (to represent our contribution to climate change)
UB - Showground = Replaces circus, 2 happiness, can be build where there are horses, cows, sheep or wheat
UU - Light Horseman = Same as cavalry, except it can take advantage of defense bonuses

I voted Huns since they sound like they're going to be the greatest conquerors of the ancient era and "Scourge of God" sounds awesome.

I'm looking forward to the ninth civ, because nothing is known about it.
Quick, open a new useless poll with skewed results!

Moderator Action: Such trolling is not appreciated.

I have thought about it yesterday after reading about the new civs revealed. I voted Byzantium in the first poll, but now I had a hard time choosing between the Dutch, the Byzantines, the Huns and Austria. I chose Austria eventually - its UA can be powerful, if very situational, but it's just full of Habsburg flavour, which I can't deny. "Let others wage wars, but you, happy Austria, marry!"

My home town was once in the territory of Austrian partition of Poland (West Galicia) and the development that it saw during the 19th century left it with lots of Austrian-styled architecture and some other influences. It will be almost like playing Poland for me (unless Poland is the 9th civ, but since Austria is in, it's VERY unlikely)

I think I'm still looking forward to the Dutch the most, though the city state theme of Austria sounds interesting.

I think there are not even mods for Australia, but I could be wrong.

Ahem.

Or were you meaning something else? :mischief:

(Eddy Marbo would be my pick). What will their cities be called? The Aboriginals never founded cities, perhaps you could use the names of tribes as city names?

Mabo with cities would be particularly ironic/farcical.

Top Bottom