PAX 2012: ThoseGamingNerds interview

cuc

Warlord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME2QrgAbSVM

- The design of the entire expansion started from the Into the Renaissance scenario.

- The civs required by Into the Renaissance were added first. (In my eyes, this is almost confirming that the last civ is Sweden.)

- The Frankenstein team (fan community advisors) participated from the beginning of development.

- The Austrian UA is called Diplomatic Marriage.

EDIT:

The Mayan-calendar UA means "you are not working on the clock as everybody else".

Sweden? We already have Harald Bluetooth and his Norwegian Ski-men for that!

Does anyone have an idea what the Maya calendar trait might be about?

Presumably something something bonuses something Calendar tech. Maybe... they get increased happiness/gold count from calendar-worked luxes?

That'd be incredibly boring though. I thought it'd be a big boost (Faith? hammers?) every 50 turns or something.

Presumably something something bonuses something Calendar tech. Maybe... they get increased happiness/gold count from calendar-worked luxes?

I agree, a bonus for all plantations or maybe doubling the number of luxuries you get from plantations

But extra luxuries or gold/faith/whatever doesn't sound like "you are not working on the clock as everybody else".
Maybe it's a decrease in number of turns to build a building/tile improvement/research a tech/etc?

Or it could be a bonus that is not activated until you research Calender like the reverse of France's

Perhaps they get an extra turn of production/science/gold/culture/movement every 50 turns or so. That would be very cool.

- The civs required by Into the Renaissance were added first. (In my eyes, this is almost confirming that the last civ is Sweden.)

Well, they added the Dutch and the Austrians (plus Spain). I don't think it confirms nor denies that they added a fourth for the scenario.

It's hard to imagine any trait that tries to deal with the 2012 calendar thing that wouldn't be completely stupid.

Well, my idea was to give them a cultural boost every time their long count calendar flipped over (the years: 3114 BC, 2720 BC, 2325 BC, 1931 BC, 1537 BC, 1143 BC, 748 BC, 354 BC, 41 AD, 435 AD, 830 AD, 1224 AD, 1618 AD, 2012 AD).

ETA: That video quality is awful.
ETA2: Listening to that video, I might somehow be right with my suggested ability.

Well, they added the Dutch and the Austrians (plus Spain). I don't think it confirms nor denies that they added a fourth for the scenario.

Well, my idea was to give them a cultural boost every time their long count calendar flipped over (the years: 3114 BC, 2720 BC, 2325 BC, 1931 BC, 1537 BC, 1143 BC, 748 BC, 354 BC, 41 AD, 435 AD, 830 AD, 1224 AD, 1618 AD, 2012 AD).

ETA: That video quality is awful.
ETA2: Listening to that video, I might somehow be right with my suggested ability.

Maybe it will be directly linked to the calendar tech?

Like: One turn of double culture/science when Calendar is researched and once more every 50 turns after that.

It could be. However, the thing that gives me hope my idea is right is that they said they're not tied to the same calendar as everyone else.

This is going to sound kind of dumb, but what if the Mayans can stop time. What I mean is they can take 2 turns at one time once every 50 turns or so.

This is going to sound kind of dumb, but what if the Mayans can stop time. What I mean is they can take 2 turns at one time once every 50 turns or so.

Wow, that'd be amazing. It'd be awesome but also very nice in combat.

Though I feel most of these ideas would be too easy to manipulate if it's a set counter. I mean, if you know in which turn it's going to happen it's easily overpowered.

Not the best interviewer...looking at their youtube channel I think we should send someone along to the next expo with a microphone and score an interview.

Interesting that the Into the Renaissance scenario was something of a starting point.

Top Bottom