G&T's The Basques for Vox Populi

As for the Kapitain, what do you think about him giving the supply promotion to adjacent naval units for one turn? It's not a direct combat buff, but helps in prolonged naval campaigns and gives your fleet staying power far from home. This would fit well for a non-aggressive civ and would help the diplo game. I'm thinking of liberating and protecting distant city states or hunt distant barb camps for quests. And it would fit a civilian captain and explorer, bringing his logistical skills to the war fleet.

I was musing along the same lines, but didn't have it nearly as clearly in my head. This is faithful to the historical vibe, and a useful trait.
OK, I will implement this in the next version.

v.2 online:

Add 3Dmodel from Ghost Toast, bug corrections, some changes
  • Add 3Dmodel for Burdinola from @ghost toast, many thanks for this beautiful work
  • Arrantza-eremu Berriak Promotion gave +1 :c5moves: Move, corrected, thanks to @adan_eslavo
  • Change text for Babesten Promotion, thanks to @Anarcomu
  • Add "May heal damage Outside of Friendly Territory" to Kortsarioa Promotion, thanks to @KlHannibal2
  • Limits the production bonuses of Balea Geltokia naval and diplomatic units to +50%

3Dmodel for Burdinola

1700409292725.png
1700409300408.png
1700409310138.png

Last edited:
Running a few AI only games atm. It seems the Basques are refusing to settle islands, preferring to settle only on their starting land mass. This was on a huge milae's map. So there was enough space on the main land, but also juicy islands that would have been good locations for them.

As for performance, in one of the two games so far, they are the tech leader and might pull off a science victory.

One more thing that came to my mind, you could use the promotion to enter mountains when at war also for offensives: forward settle and buy some mountains, and you become pseudo-Inca. Mountains take a long time to be incorporated by natural border growth, so you should be able to buy them for quite some time.

Running a few AI only games atm. It seems the Basques are refusing to settle islands, preferring to settle only on their starting land mass. This was on a huge milae's map. So there was enough space on the main land, but also juicy islands that would have been good locations for them.

As for performance, in one of the two games so far, they are the tech leader and might pull off a science victory.
Thank you @KlHannibal2 , on version VP4.x, this is a common behavior, not only for The Basques. We think with @Txurce that the Basques are still a little OP but are waiting for a next version to do something. Currently, AIs do not expand normally and are often reluctant to attack.

Top Bottom