Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator
Here's a few screenshots offering new info:

Celts:

Spoiler :

Austria
Spoiler :

Some of the screens do show new items in the tech being researched and more religious options.

In the 3rd screenshot down from the top. What is that on the hills above Truro, a new resource?

Things I noticed.

Screenshot 1.
* Alhambra is a wonder?
* A missionary
* Himeji is not under chivalry anymore.

Screenshot 3:
* New tech: Drama & Poetry.
Provides National Epic and something else, something new.

Screenshot 4:
* UA of Austria:
Can spend gold to annex or puppet an allied city state
* UU of Austria: Hussar (Screenshot 5)
* UB of Austria: Coffee House (Screenshot 5)
* UA/UU/UB of Arabia, Iroquois, Spain, Aztecs and France are unchanged .
(Weird, to me it'd make sense if they'd changed the Aztec UA to faith instead of culture)

The other icon is Amphitheatre.

ALHAMBRA!!! :D

Great find Rob, looking forward to this! I'm surprised they haven't changed Spain's UA to reflect faith though, and I'm pleased they've got Hussars as the Austria UU. Finally, a UB for Europe!

EDIT: The nine wonders are so far:

Hubble
Alhambra
Petra
Great Firewall
Neaschwanstein
Pisa
Djenne
CN Tower
Terracotta Army

All nine world wonders are now known

Minor detail: It says LADY Boudicca on one of the Celtic screenshots, does that mean we'll no longer have female lords?! ;)

A ton of new screenshots - but all in German, can be found here. Many are of the empire of the smokey skies scenario; but here's five of them that I liked; note that the last one is from the scenario, so the effects of the wonder may be different in the "epic" game:

Spoiler :

Wonder what that building beside Granary is, it can't be any wonder, it is either a Shrine or some new national wonder that requires Granary in each city xD Looks like a church.

EDIT : Forget it, it's a Shrine.

THEY MADE CLASSICAL ERA HUGER! The German screenshots depict Classical Era in two tiers.. finally!

Gamingxp.com have produced Dutch screenshots; nothing new from them except for Wilhelm's opening screen - but again it's in German. Have they modelled him on 2k Greg ;)?

Spoiler :

Salt is a new luxury too ('Salz') !
If someone who knows german more than the few words I know want to translate the celtic UA it will be great.

I don't understand the dutch UA change since it is rendering the ability completely useless now that nobody will ever trade its last luxury !

So the German translation of Druidic Lore... That translates for me as meaning +1-2 Faith per city from having the tiles and not +1-2 Faith per tile.

Of course my German is rusty my takes:

Neuschwanstein: +3 Gold, +2 Culture, +1 Happy per castle. Can only be built in a city within 2 tiles of a mountain.

Druidic Lore: +1 Faith in city with adjoining unimproved forest tile. Bonus increases to +2 Faith if there are 3 or more adjoining unimproved forest tiles.

I know there are few fluent German speakers on the board. If they can give their more reliable input.

The Celtic UA translates as: +1 Faith for every city bordering an unimproved forest tile. The bonus increases too +2 for cities that have 3 or more unimproved forest tiles bordering them.

I've noticed the following:
  • The wheel requires animal husbandry AND archery
  • The Great Lighthouse has moved to Optics
  • Petra is available with currency (no surprises there!)
  • The pigs resource is actually a luxury item - truffles
  • Is that a new tech which colosseums are now available from?

Our first view of the early tech tree. Unfortunately, the other tech tree shots in the group are from the Smoky Skies scenario.

Classical Era has been expanded to 2 tiers, and there are some prerequisite changes, but otherwise not much has changed.
  • What looks like Shrine has been added to Pottery
  • Composite Bowman and Terracotta Army in Construction
  • Pictish Warrior definitely replaces Spearman in Bronze Working

Thank you!

So the Alhambra is one of the new Wonders? (Under Chivalry)

:/ They didn't change the Aztec UA? Its bad enough it has a stupid name, you think they'd at least update it to give piety instead of culture.

In the 3rd screenshot down from the top. What is that on the hills above Truro, a new resource?

:/ They didn't change the Aztec UA? Its bad enough it has a stupid name, you think they'd at least update it to give piety instead of culture.

You're right, they didn't; I was really hoping that they would go ahead and buff it a bit while at the same time giving it some more sense. Something to the order of culture and faith.

Things I noticed.

Screenshot 1.
* Alhambra is a wonder?
* A missionary
* Himeji is not under chivalry anymore.

Screenshot 3:
* New tech: Drama & Poetry.
Provides National Epic and something else, something new.

Screenshot 4:
* UA of Austria:
Can spend gold to annex or puppet an allied city state
* UU of Austria: Hussar (Screenshot 5)
* UB of Austria: Coffee House (Screenshot 5)
* UA/UU/UB of Arabia, Iroquois, Spain, Aztecs and France are unchanged .
(Weird, to me it'd make sense if they'd changed the Aztec UA to faith instead of culture)

Thank you!

So the Alhambra is one of the new Wonders? (Under Chivalry)

Weird
I thought all new wonders were known by now.
Maybe when they said 9 new wonders they were only referring to world wonders and some of the known ones -like Great Firewall- were national wonders, or maybe the Alhambra icon is for an ordinary building, but I don't believe that. And Himeji Castle has been moved.
Also Poetry is a new tech that gives theaters and unlocks National Epic.
They're really moving the wonders around.

ALHAMBRA!!! :D

Great find Rob, looking forward to this! I'm surprised they haven't changed Spain's UA to reflect faith though, and I'm pleased they've got Hussars as the Austria UU. Finally, a UB for Europe!

EDIT: The nine wonders are so far:

Hubble
Alhambra
Petra
Great Firewall
Neaschwanstein
Pisa
Djenne
CN Tower
Terracotta Army

All nine world wonders are now known

You're right, they didn't; I was really hoping that they would go ahead and buff it a bit while at the same time giving it some more sense. Something to the order of culture and faith.

There is still for time for them to fix it. I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope they do.

Weird
I thought all new wonders were known by now.
Maybe when they said 9 new wonders they were only referring to world wonders and some of the known ones -like Great Firewall- were national wonders, or maybe the Alhambra icon is for an ordinary building, but I don't believe that.
Well, it was never certain if the Great Firewall was a national or a world wonder, but I think we can safely assume it's a national wonder.
Edit: Oh, we are at nine now, thought we had more than nine wonders. Nevermind then.

I also wonder if they'll change Isabella's backdrop? (doubt it, but I always thought that was the Alhambra)

They didn't change Spain's as well, which is weirder. Perhaps they are polishing or working on something but the text isn't updated yet.

Judging by the rest of the screen, I guess it's just a glitch (or a glitched natural wonder).

Minor detail: It says LADY Boudicca on one of the Celtic screenshots, does that mean we'll no longer have female lords?! ;)

I saw the book icon on the new unit and immediately thought... "Great Librarian?"

But no, it was just a missionary. :(

Montov: Theater, really? I would almost think... Garden? Maybe Austrian Coffeehouses are not like American ones...

There is still for time for them to fix it. I'm gonna cross my fingers and hope they do.

I dont think they'll fix the Spanish and Arabic UA's, in order to promote compatibility between Vanilla CiV and G&K

Top Bottom