Into the Fire 2 - Sign-ups, Questions, and OOC

CivOasis

Ahuizotl
IOT: Into the Fire 2

In late 2013, the world began to collapse. It started well before then, to be sure, but at that point, it was finally obvious that it was beginning.

The defining sign? The Terran Revolution - a shadowy movement, with little known motives, so disjointed as to be held together by a single leader. With no government capable of stopping such a widespread organization - or capturing its leader - the world began to come apart at the frays.

With the aid of genetically altered organisms - the 7-foot tall monsters, with disturbingly distorted builds, nicknamed "Ahuizotls", the Revolution struck out at any and all governments, crippling the unity of nations across the planet.

This continued into about 2020, when Earth encountered yet another threat - the beings known as the Maáskab - came from the skies. Touching down upon the surface in relatively abandoned locations - the Amazon, Australia, some islands in the Pacific - the Maáskab tore across the planet, ravaging the remainders of civilization, and driving the leader of the Terran Revolution into hiding from his own people.

Around 2030, the Maáskab rule of the Earth became challenged by yet another outside force - the Pah, an insectoid hive mind, spreading like a disease across the surface of the Earth.

In 2035, early forces started warring and expanding, though the fragile state each faction existed in forced them to quickly retreat from their early gains.

Now, it is 2050, and the forces of each sect have regrouped, and are planning the final assault - out of the frying pan, and Into the Fire...

Welcome to Into the Fire 2, sequel to my original team-based IOT!

You join as a member state of one faction, and are permanently allied with the other members of your faction. If you can't play on a team, this is not the IOT for you.
Additionally, this time around, I've placed a ban on politically motivated or patently trolling nations and RP, in addition to the rules that can be found either below or within the IOT constitution. Still, this is meant to be a more relaxed IOT, so feel free to ask me for approval.

Few major rule changes have been made from the original, so old players should feel comfortable. If you were a surviving player at the end of the previous game, you have first dibs on a descendant nation in the same region - you will, however, start at the same size as new players.

Factions are as follows:

Human Resistance:
Sparing the Terran Revolution, the last stand of humanity consists of small resistance forces across the planet. Symbolizing their ability to survive, they have a 50% chance to survive and flee lost battles.

Terran Revolution:
Following the escape of their leader, the Terran Revolution has fragmented into smaller groups. The widespread nature of this group has allowed it to spread beyond set borders - they can attack and claim two additional territories beyond their borders.

Ahuizotl:
Named for a monster from Aztec mythology, the Ahuizotl are truly amphibious, able to breathe both on land and in the water. Thus, their military operates as both land and naval, without distinction.

Maáskab:
The Maáskab are an advanced alien race, effectively the colonizing force of the planet. To reflect their advanced technolgy, they have a 2X attack bonus. Due to limited materials, however, they can only have a maximum of 1 unit per province.

Pah:
An insectoid hive mind, the Pah reproduce extremely quickly. As a result, they can generate 2 units per point. Due to their weak bodies, however, they only fight at 75% efficiency.

Generic Rules:
Besides your average anti-spam, anti-harassment warnings:

Unless changed as a result of the above faction bonuses;
Each province is worth 1 point.
Points are used for the claiming of land, armies, and navies - each costs 1 point apiece.
Armies can only attack adjacent provinces, or as many non-adjacent coastal provinces as the nation has navies and points for.
Military Victories are decided by: #of Forces, *Random Number (1.0-2.0), where the largest number wins.
Survivors for the winning side = Difference between above results, / 2.
Survivors for a fleeing Human Faction = 50% chance of survivors, number of survivors = percentage based upon RNG 0.00-1.00
Initial claims must be 25 adjacent territories, or an approved island chain.
RP bonuses will be granted for both in-thread RP and work on the IOT wiki.
Military attacks can take place up to 3 provinces beyond a nation's borders (5 for Terran Revolution nations)
Each player also gets 25 free, contiguous (if possible) provinces per turn, reduced by the number of armies and provinces seeing combat.

Map:
Spoiler :

When the game thread is posted, please place OOC discussion and questions in this thread.

EDIT:
A reminder that I want equal-ish size teams for each faction.
I can - and will - temporarily lock factions that are too disproportionate.

Claiming Maáskab faction nation. Will update later.

Man, I remember ItF 1, twas my first IOT. Nation later (and it won't be after a burger joint this time).

Faction: Terran Revolution
Rest: Need to think.

Calling the British Isles as the Ahuizotl.

French Wallachia making a comback.

OOC: Also, I apologize for never providing you with epilogue art, as I said I would.

No. The Maaksab can only have, at max, their number of provinces in units. So, if they have 20 territories, they can only have 20 units while everyone else can have 20, 40, then 60, and so on.

I an Ahuizotl.

Water Empire.png

Name: Bo'oy Baab Lumob

More info coming.

Maáskab Special Tasks Group-355 "Black Hole"

Yeah, but if each province is worth 1 point, and 1 point = 1 unit, and the Maaksab can only get 1 unit per province, what's the difference?

-L

If the Maaksab had 20 provinces and some other group had 20 provinces, they would each be able to build 20 units - but after that, the Maaksab would have to expand to get more, while the other group could continue on to 40.

Top Bottom