TSG51 Results and Congratulations

leif erikson

Game of the Month Fanatic
Administrator
GOTM Staff
Supporter
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

First place :trophy: goes to bc1 with a 1565 AD (Turn 223) Science victory. :bowdown:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to Arilian with a 1605 AD (turn 231) Science victory while :trophy3rd: goes to Halcyan2 with a 1610 AD (turn 232) Diplomatic win. :goodjob:

There were 304 downloads with 19 submissions for this game. :goodjob:
:thanx: to those who hung in there through Deity to the bitter end and submitted.

Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. :clap:

Special thanks to AlanH for keeping the submission system working. :goodjob:

For those wishing to compare games, AlanH has created a replay facility for your use. Please check it out. :cool:

Replay viewer isn't working for me for GOTM 51 on Google Chrome/Windows 7. The map appears but no events or city graphics. GOTM 50 mostly works, although for city states it only shows the territory, not their city markers. GOTM 49 appears to work fine.

When losing, the latest 'finish' date should count (or actually maybe simply the score?).
Just saying... I mean it doesn't matter to much unless there are less than 3 winning entries :D

edit) replay facility isn't working for me either with firefox (18) for gotm51.

Wow tough map. Surprised there was no domination wins considering it was a pangaea. Also yay, first top 5 finish.

Replay viewer isn't working for me for GOTM 51 on Google Chrome/Windows 7. The map appears but no events or city graphics. GOTM 50 mostly works, although for city states it only shows the territory, not their city markers. GOTM 49 appears to work fine.

Thanks for raising this. I've fixed the TSG 51 issue - Babylon was not included in the list of known civs, so the javascript was aborting when it tried to display the events list.

TSG 50 presents a more difficult problem. The city states were all pre-founded in the starting save. As a result, there are no city founding events in your submitted saves. The Replay system uses the events list to reconstruct the map of cities and territory, so it doesn't know anything about the pre-founded city states. I had a look at this problem when it first arose, and concluded that fixing it will require more time than I can give to it at the moment.

Just noticed that the map shows tooltips when you mouse over territory, very cool! Some of the civ names are mixed up, though. Arabia, Mongolia, and Persia are correct, but the others show the wrong civ name. Sorry to nitpick, this is a cool tool!

Thanks. I think the civ names get confused because the civs are numbered differently depending on which expansions and DLC are in use. I shall have to investigate further

Please can you give a specific example of an incorrect civ name?

I've found a not-to-awful way to display the minor civ cities. I also fixed a problem where the German language version was changed and broke my city name detection code.

Cool, glad you figured something out! On my replay (GOTM 51, BWS):

Babylon is called "Austria" on the map and in the event log.
Spain is called "Korea."
Sweden is called "Spain."
Persia, Mongolia, and Arabia have correct names.

That's interesting! I don't see any of that. Here is a screenshot of your replay in Firefox in Windows XP. My Mac Safari browser gives similar results.

Note that you do need to reload the page from scratch since I made the changes. The modified javascript only downloads when the page is first loaded or refreshed.

Attachments

• BWS_replay_51.jpg
    BWS_replay_51.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 65
Aha! Manually refreshing the page fixed it. There must have been something cached with the wrong info. Thank you for sorting this out! GOTM 50 looks good now too. Nice work!

hi alan - very off topic here....

Not sure what info you have access to in the logs, but a great thing on a replay would be able to see the culture/turn, science/turn etc.

:)

I think there is some histographic data in the save files, but I have not yet extended the parser to extract it. Since we now have the source code for the Game Core DLL, it should be possible to do, but I have not yet found time to explore that code.

If you look at the equivalent replay facility that I developed for Civ3 and Civ4 GOTM saves, you will see that some of this was done there.

Top Bottom