TSG53 Results and Congratulations

Hammer Rabbi

Deity
GOTM Staff
A list of the submissions for this game is assembled here. The list is compiled by date and also by score.

First place :trophy: goes to tommynt with a 1610 AD (turn 232) Cultural victory. :bowdown:

Second place :trophy2nd: goes to Neuro with a 1675 AD (turn 245) Cultural victory while :trophy3rd: was a tie between glory7 and pkf who both had a 1700 AD (turn 250) Cultural win. :goodjob:

There were 392 downloads with 69 submissions for this game. :goodjob:

Congratulations to the trophy winners and :thanx: to all who played this game and participated in the discussions. :clap:

Special thanks to AlanH for keeping the submission system working. :goodjob:

For those wishing to compare games, AlanH has created a replay facility for your use. Please check it out. :cool:

Congrats again to tommy. Great job

I noticed a small error - you've ranked the guy who won on diplomacy higher than some of the culture winners.

Has anybody else been noticing discrepancies in the finish times for their games? For example, the save shows that I played a single session of 5:58, but there's about 8:30 difference in times between my first and final saves. Is the game clock running slow? Is it only counting play time and not "please wait" time?

Also: Yay! Top half finish by date, barely!

First place goes to tommynt with a 1610 BC (turn 232) Cultural victory.

Second place goes to Neuro with a 1675 BC (turn 245) Cultural victory while was a tie between glory7 and pkf who both had a 1700 BC (turn 250) Cultural win.

I think these dates should've been AD. If not I think I will give up :)

Fixed. I guess I'm edit-blind when it comes to my own stuff. I can see it in other's posts but not my own. Thanks for catching it.

Has anybody else been noticing discrepancies in the finish times for their games? For example, the save shows that I played a single session of 5:58, but there's about 8:30 difference in times between my first and final saves. Is the game clock running slow? Is it only counting play time and not "please wait" time?

Also: Yay! Top half finish by date, barely!

Well done.

Dunno. The times I extract from the saves and list in the results match the ones in text form in the event logs, so I don't think there's any problem with the parser.

Did you Alt-Tab away from Civ5 during those eight hours? If you do that, I think the user interface goes into suspension, so it may stop accumulating playing time while you are off reading email or whatever.

Oh, I'm sure the parser is fine, because it says the same thing in my replay file. I'm just always surprised to see such a large discrepancy between the game log and the wall clock. I do alt+tab out of the game occasionally, but I doubt it's for 2½ hours of an 8-hour game.

Oh, I'm sure the parser is fine, because it says the same thing in my replay file. I'm just always surprised to see such a large discrepancy between the game log and the wall clock. I do alt+tab out of the game occasionally, but I doubt it's for 2½ hours of an 8-hour game.

my guess is the game probably does consider AI/CS/Barb turns as zero time for sessions. ~2.5 hours is about 150 minutes and in a 200-250 turn game at several seconds to a minute or two between turns I can see how it adds up to a significant portion by the end.

ive never looked at my results times. after several hours it all runs together for me, haha. but i do get surprised when i see 200 turn games in under 3 hours. they must have some efficient hard drives (SSDs) and some settings i dont use (strategic view, etc).

Top Bottom