New Civil War Scenario Demo + Indonesian Gameplay (How's your Spanish?)

TPangolin

Just the worst person
So I guess now is as good as any time ever to burst forth from my lurking retirement to post here an obscure Civil War Scenario Demo with an additional Moroccan/Indonesian gameplay that I found lying around within the depths of YouTube.

Spoiler :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwCeKJqFhG0

Now I guess this is a goldmine for all you Spanish speakers out there, but for the rest of us that only know small portions of the language from watching reruns of Community or via the names of various deliciously ethnic food products - I guess you can just mute the video and listen to Ke$ha or something.

Nethertheless the Moroccan/Indonesian gameplay starts at around 5:30 goes until the video ends.

Here is an arbitrary list of things we get to see throughout the course of the vid (that we previously did not know), and please, let me know if I've left anything out:

Civil War Scenario:

• Strange looking UI unique to Scenario - Presumably Pontoon Bridges (Available at Engineering
  • Set Up Page (With UA Info)
    Spoiler :
  • Scenario Description
    Spoiler :
  • Tech Tree
    Spoiler :

Indonesia/Morocco Gameplay

• Indonesia DoM text
  • Unfortunately no resources unique to Indonesia that were viewable (which one could speculate means that Indonesia only receives resources that are not on the current map).
  • "Create Great Work" will only work within your Civ's borders
  • Kris Swordsman Promotions are NOT your average promotions (i.e Blitz, Medic, Cover) and are rather promotion unique to the KS
  • KS Promotion: Ambition +50% Combat bonus when attacking. -20% penalty when defending
  • KS Promotion: Heroism ?????
  • KS Promotion: Recruitment Heals All Damage if Kills Non-Barbarian Unit
  • Kasbah can be built on Flood Plains
  • Clicking Great Work in the City Screen will play the initial animation again
  • "Write Political Treatise" - Great Writer Ability - "This order will consume the Great Person and will grant a large amount of :c5culture: Culture."
  • Borobudur Model (I assume) next to Jakarta at 9:32
    Spoiler :
  • Omar Khayyam as a Great Writer - Rubalyat
    Spoiler :
  • Indonesian Map Image
    Spoiler :

1:54, from Washington to Alexandria... What on Civ's earth IS that abomination?

Did anyone see at 2.59 there is a bridge in a coast tile (river). Funny, maybe new tile improvement? Hope its not only in the civil war, i could see usefull utilizations with something like that

Candi provides +2 faith plus 2 faith for every world religion that has at least one follower in the city. So if there's one religion there, that's +4 faith.
Yet again, trading lump sums is greyed out.
There is still a ramp-up for SP costs when you have more cities: 10 percent.
You can click on a Great Work in the city screen to have the music/quote/whatever play again.
Kasbah can be built on Flood Plains.

Mystic blade is indeed the initial upgrade for a kris warrior. Randomizes after the first battle.

So to get the achievement, you have to attack a city with a kris warrior who has previously battled. I imagine barracks and things will give conventional xp for conventional upgrades

Also he mentions Pueblos. I imagine its in the context of the Spanish word for town. It did come up in the context of discussing if he preferred Morocco or Portugal though, so it would be worth someone looking into that who happens to understand spanish :) Word is mentioned at 9:10 by the way

1:54, from Washington to Alexandria... What on Civ's earth IS that abomination?

Most likely some sort of Sea Creature/Leviathan aiding the Union.

But yeah, after around 37 seconds of Google-Fu it turns out that they are actually "Pontoon Bridges".

Wiki Article.

Candi provides +2 faith plus 2 faith for every world religion that has at least one follower in the city. So if there's one religion there, that's +4 faith.
Yet again, trading lump sums is greyed out.
There is still a ramp-up for SP costs when you have more cities: 10 percent.
You can click on a Great Work in the city screen to have the music/quote/whatever play again.
Kasbah can be built on Flood Plains.

Fantastic, I'll add some of that to the OP.

Also he mentions Pueblos. I imagine its in the context of the Spanish word for town. It did come up in the context of discussing if he preferred Morocco or Portugal though, so it would be worth someone looking into that who happens to understand spanish :) Word is mentioned at 9:10 by the way

I was watching it with the captions turned on and translated to English. I guess whilst most of it is a garbled mess, they do end up stating that "they have no idea what the two remaining civs will be".

I believe that this exchange takes place during the Indonesian Diplo/Trading scene.

I could amuse myself for an hour watching those translations.
'I flight tell us a little bit arcane technical section of the city'

Unfortunately I can't watch the video at the moment, but one thing strikes me as interesting. That interpretation of Indonesia's UA is how I first read it when they were announced. I remember that being an unpopular opinion at the time.

I wonder if this means that they are not the Civ associated with the new luxury/luxuries after all.

Step forward, Venetian glass...

Of course this was posted right when I actually wanted to play Civ.

The poster's avatar is a Venetian winged lion in blue and yellow...
Wow, well I'm starting to hope that Venice is NOT one of the unrevealed civs just cause of the irony. haha

Unfortunately I can't watch the video at the moment, but one thing strikes me as interesting. That interpretation of Indonesia's UA is how I first read it when they were announced. I remember that being an unpopular opinion at the time.

I wonder if this means that they are not the Civ associated with the new luxury/luxuries after all.

Step forward, Venetian glass...

If Indonesian's UA gave mixed reviews the first time around, not having a unique luxury will start tilting those reviews towards the negative...
EDIT: Although I guess if it's a luxury not on the map it's like the same thing

But the Kris Warrior is very interesting. I wonder if there are any more other than the promotions shown in the video.

Top Bottom