Deity Suleiman Map

:goodjob:

1240 is very early. I assume you are used to playing HoF games?

€:How do you cap AIs so fast? Even if i multi attack and crush them they will sometimes capitulate, but won't talk yet...Is there any specific strategy to maximize chances for an early capitulation?

:goodjob:

1240 is very early. I assume you are used to playing HoF games?

€:How do you cap AIs so fast? Even if i multi attack and crush them they will sometimes capitulate, but won't talk yet...Is there any specific strategy to maximize chances for an early capitulation?

Not really. Played only one HoF game a year ago. It was number one deity/standard/normal/domination. It was uncooked so it has been beaten to dust now.:)

I am more S&T player since I play random maps without huts and events. However, I like what some people did in HoF. If I had more time, I'd definitely try that format too.

Regarding capping, what I did was attacking from multiple fronts and capturing multiple cities per turn while losing small number of units. When my fortune abandoned me for a second, Augustus got some wins at 1-3% odds and that prolonged time he was willing talking to me substantially although he was the weakest target by far in that period. I think talking time is function of War Success (each attacking win 4, defending 3, capturing city 10, capturing worker 1) and razing cities (razing prolongs silence). However, I am not too sure so you might want to check it yourself somewhere on civfanatics.

Not really. Played only one HoF game a year ago. It was number one deity/standard/normal/domination. It was uncooked so it has been beaten to dust now.:)

I am more S&T player since I play random maps without huts and events. However, I like what some people did in HoF. If I had more time, I'd definitely try that format too.

If it's not too off-track, what Civ did you use? Assuming it's not Inca I'm curious what it would be. I've lately had a slight resurgence of interest in HoF games after seeing WastinTimes latest thread. They really are far removed from regular civ, much like MP, but still pretty entertaining.

NO! DON'T LINK IT! NOOOOO...
Whelp, see you all in 30 days when I'm finished with the cross-links.

Should have waited for everyone to do their best for more drama.
Yeah, true! Damn! You ruined my best effort :p

There are always nukes, I guess. :D
Good luck!

Ah! yes, it could have been the map to aim for nukes :lol:
@1000 AD: I don't think I can/will salvage it. Events summary:
Spoiler :

First, I insisted on killing Wang Kon. Took up to around 700 AD and, of course, I couldn't kill him, since he had island cities (which I had not scouted before the war).
Meanwhile, Catherine DoWed Mali around 400 AD. I pressed the war against Korea but didn't react in any other way (Monty/Sury still tied together).
Bad things happening: I stubbornly dismiss Wang's capitulation and Catherine vassals Mansa before the end of the Ottoman/Korean war.
Bad things happening: Catherine proceeds to DoW Rome and almost instantly captures a city. -> Emergency DoW on Russia, stacking still beeing incomplete. I invade Russian lands nonetheless, trying to reduce very large front (whole north-south line).
Bad things happening: we're struggling to Constitution while Catherine-Sury run away in techs.
Bad things happening: Catherine outproduces us and gets ready to run Cuirassiers into our lands.

I may have a little time this w-e to take this further or maybe I will resolve myself to retire after one too many mistake.

Yeah, true! Damn! You ruined my best effort :p

Ah! yes, it could have been the map to aim for nukes :lol:
@1000 AD: I don't think I can/will salvage it. Events summary:
Spoiler :

First, I insisted on killing Wang Kon. Took up to around 700 AD and, of course, I couldn't kill him, since he had island cities (which I had not scouted before the war).
Meanwhile, Catherine DoWed Mali around 400 AD. I pressed the war against Korea but didn't react in any other way (Monty/Sury still tied together).
Bad things happening: I stubbornly dismiss Wang's capitulation and Catherine vassals Mansa before the end of the Ottoman/Korean war.
Bad things happening: Catherine proceeds to DoW Rome and almost instantly captures a city. -> Emergency DoW on Russia, stacking still beeing incomplete. I invade Russian lands nonetheless, trying to reduce very large front (whole north-south line).
Bad things happening: we're struggling to Constitution while Catherine-Sury run away in techs.
Bad things happening: Catherine outproduces us and gets ready to run Cuirassiers into our lands.

I may have a little time this w-e to take this further or maybe I will resolve myself to retire after one too many mistake.

Lot of stuff are RNG tied in your game (and bad for you due to pure misfortune).

Spoiler :
Religion distribution and events were much more in my favor in my game (= easier game). If Mansa became Cathy's vassal, it'd make game longer for at least 20 turns. It might have something with Oracle too. I didn't build it but, Mansa, I think did and got Confucianism. You denied Oracle to AIs. Early Confu guaranteed his religion switch much earlier than without Oracling. That, in turn, prevented peacevassaling to Russia and also made Mansa Russian target. That helped cause it moved focus from me.
I could start a thread named Benefits of avoiding Oracle :mischief:

Also, try making friends ASAP. That helps with shaping the Realm.

And I believe you have formed an opinion about settling in a way that makes you a land target :p (for those who don't know, 7 shared tiles with another civ makes you a LT).

Question for all:

I have a wonderful, typical fractal map (unbalanced, high runaway AI potential). I have played it enough (with many bad/unlucky decisions) to say it is winnable with any VC. Dunno will I have enough time or patience to finish it (don't like late game that much), but I'd like to see how other Deity aspirants deal with Fractal.

Oh, and it is BUFFY, locked modified assets, no huts, no events, standard, normal, medium sealevel. And leader is one of psychos (randomed) (one less to meet on the map).

Interested?

I would give it a shot, too.
Have to learn a lot for university atm, so perfect time to go into full procrastination mode and play Civ :lol:

If it's not too off-track, what Civ did you use? Assuming it's not Inca I'm curious what it would be. I've lately had a slight resurgence of interest in HoF games after seeing WastinTimes latest thread. They really are far removed from regular civ, much like MP, but still pretty entertaining.

Sorry, I have just noticed this post.

I used second best civ and leader. Hatty. It was an ancient start WC rush on 3 targets, then HA rush, and then Cuir rush on rest. Accidentally, it ended with domination cause I was capturing too many cities (I aimed for conquest). I handpicked easier AIs, although I didn't know which were the easiest. Now, I'd use settings to create micro pangaea (Seraiel knows how to do that) and would pick better site and friends.

The latest trick for earliest domination dates is to pick classic or medieval start and to add more AIs (so that they fill the map ASAP). Those games are basically over after 50 turns. Since I am quite stubborn with ancient starts, no map finder, normal speed, default number of AIs and barbs on, I don't think I'll play anymore official HoF ever.

I played with Hatty 2 times in my life (that I remember). First time got me my first deity win and second time it gave me ~1250AD domination. And that was the time when I didn't know much about this game. Egypt is overpowered, obviously. WC is more powerful than Quechua in my book since Quechuas can take only very limited number of lowland cities (which is matter of luck) on normal speed. Number of WCs can take out anyone on normal speed due to 2 moves. WCs are more consistent. And less of a burden to economy cause their maintenance is actually halved due to their speed. They travel less from production site to dieing site :).

HoF games are fun. I was all into hard and super hard deity games last year while I was trying to improve. But I totally missed that you can do better and worse on easy maps too. Optimizing is even more emphasized on easy maps since everything depends on you while on masochistic maps you are mostly involved with simply keeping afloat and reacting to AIs. Mixing both is probably the best, like always.

I hope you got the info that you asked for.

Top Bottom