Turn 37 - 2270 B.C.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
http://140.211.122.84/images/2270.html
User Name: fanatics
Password: zli94AB

We've discovered Hsung-Su barbarians near Shen Ling, and the military advisor says another tribe is outside Zhi Gang. Warriors have been sent to both areas to collect 'tribute' from these tribes.

Our men in the north have found yet another peninsula, with another chokepoint. If it can be fully blocked by one warrior, do we want to end northern exploration for the moment and hold the area?

The science rate was lowered to 70% due to increased troop maintinence. We were at -2gpt, but now are breaking even. Iron working will be discoved in 10 turns.

In retrospect, I messed up Shen Ling's queue. The plan from FortyJ was to set Shen Ling to granary, than to warrior. It should be building a granary right now, and will be changed as soon as possible.

One more thing I ask you to notice - For some reason, the warrior outside Balance of Power was injured. Unless a barbarian horsie attacked, there's no other possible explanation. We're still at peace with GC. I can only reason that CivGeneral forgot to tell us of a barbarian warrior sighting. CG, have you something to say on this subject?

After looking at the map again, I suddenly realised something.
That chokepoint could be another way over to the Gamecatchers!

And what are the second Gamecatcher warrior doing outside their borders?

If that is indeed another way to reach those infidels, it could be one of turning point as we could sneak troops by without them noticing. We could set a barrack there for easy upgrade of our troops and that would give us a good advantage and they'll probably fortify their position at Balance of Power without knowing that we have other tricks up our sleeve. This turn was simply awesome on the exploration side. I suggest we don't move there too fast because there are still important spots near our core that needs to be settled before we go out and get this spot. What do you think?

Originally posted by Octavian X
CG, have you something to say on this subject?

@Oct - That Warrior could have been attacked by a Barbarian Horsemen. You cant see any of the Barbarian move anyway so it is hard to tell what unit it was.

It's too long of a walk to get that far North, and then south.

Also, why is our warrior by BoP (hehe, bop!) wounded? was he always that way?

What's gamecatcher doing with that warrior?

And why is the gold being roaded next to Zhi Gang? I thought we were gonna cut down those trees and mine the furs to get a 2/2/2 tiles (and ten shields to boot!)

I think GC is on the move.

The northern choke-point is indeed too far to be of much strategic advantage in any conflict with Gamecatcher. I would recommend sending the northern warrior/scout across the choke-point to explore those lands, while the other warrior/scout continues to map up the coast.

Shen Ling's premature production of a settler will cripple our research efforts and waste unnecessary food stores. It should be changed to a granary which can be completed in 8 turns and then produce a quick settler (which would likely take only 4 more turns). This may delay establishing a new city, but the commerce gained will be invaluable.

The southernmost worker should be shot for treason. ;) He needs to be converting that forest into grassland (which will add 10 shields to the production in the city) and mining it. Furthermore, he must build a road onto the mountains E-NE of town to complete the route to that potential city site located on that gold-enriched hill.

I agree, a settler is too soon for the city. I also agree sending the warrier over the new choke point to explore, while the other warrior finishes maping, then hold fort at the choke point.

I'm calling an investigation! Gather ye lawyers and ye constibles, everyone!

Top Bottom