A Civ of Thrones - Development Thread

Jamforce

Warlord
Welcome to A Civ of Thrones!

"A Civ of Thrones” (ACoT) is a large-scale gameplay mod set in the world of George R. R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire (ASoIaF) fantasy saga where lords great and small vie for control over the continent of Westeros and the Seven Kingdoms under the dominion of the Iron Throne.​

Civs

Spoiler :
As High As Honor: Receive additional culture per turn for each met civilization who is not at war against you, denouncing you, or part of a Declaration of Friendship with you. City-States will never declare war upon you unprovoked.

Valeman: The Valeman is the Arryn unique unit. It replaces the Longswordsman and unlike it, this Unit gets double movement and additional strenght in Hills and earns a small amount of faith when killing an enemy.

Moon Door: The Moon Door is the Arryn's unique building. It is more effective than the Constabulary, which it replaces, and boosts your Golden Age meter every time a spy is killed in the city. The Moon Door requires no gold maintenance, but it can only be constructed within two tiles of a mountain.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce (Leaderscene, DoM, Leader,Civ and Building Icons), Janboruta (Unit Icon(altered)), sukritact (Map)
LUA - Jamforce, JFD
Graphics - Danrell (Swordsman Russia v2 (modified textures) )
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi Reek

Note:
The Culture Bonus varies depending on the current Era.

Spoiler :
Our is the Fury: Friendly City-States gift 50% more Food, Culture and Faith. Allied City-States gift Military Units when war is declared against you.

Rainbowguard: The Rainbowguard is the Baratheon unique unit. It replaces the Longswordsman and unlike it, this Unit gets + 1 sight and earns a small amount of culture when killing an enemy. Moreover the Rainbowguard gains extra Strenght when it is in the same tile or adjacent to a Great People unit.

Tourney Camp: The Tourney Camp is the unique Baratheon replacement for the Circus. Unlike it, the Tourney Camp may be unlocked at the discovering of Horseback Riding, however it also provides additional XP for Mounted Units equal to 20% of the city's Cultural output. Contains a Great Work of Music slot.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce(DoM and Icons), sukritact (Map), TPangolin (Leaderscene)
LUA - Jamforce, JFD
Graphics - Danrell (Longswordsman Templar (modified textures) )
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi Don't Die With a Clean Sword

Spoiler :
Warrior of Light: Enemy cities with followers from your religion have reduced Combat Strenght. Earn Faith from conquering cities and slowly convert them to your religion.

Red Priest: The Red Priest is the Baratheon unique unit. It replaces the Priest (Inquisitor). Like it, Red priest can remove other religions from your cities, but additionally it causes friendly units in the same tile or adjacent to heal 20 damage after defeating an enemy and enemy cities within two tiles to take extra damage. May only be purchased with Faith.

Sea Port: The Sea Port is the unique Baratheon replacement for the Harbor. In addition to its regular abilities, the Sea Port may be unlocked at the discovery of Optics. It also increases the Production of Naval Units and increases the Defense of the city when a naval unit is stationed in it.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce (DoM, Leader and Civ Icons), Worlds of Magic (Unit Icon),sukritact (Building Icon and Map), TPangolin (Leaderscene)
LUA - JFD
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi Warrior of Light

Spoiler :
We Do Not Sow: Embarked units have +1 Movement and pay just 1 movement point to move from sea to land. Melee land units pay no movement point cost to pillage and melee naval units may capture defeated ships.

Iron Man: The Iron Man is the Greyjoy unique land unit, replacing the Longswordsman. This Unit gains a small amount of gold when killing an enemy, gets double movement in coast and does not suffer from any penalty when attacking from the sea. Available after researching Metal Casting, instead of Steel.

Longship: The Longship is the Greyjoy unique naval unit, replacing the Trireme. This Unit has greater combat strength and is useful for exploration and for raiding the enemy coasts, as unlike the Trireme, the Longship can enter deep water and starts with the first Coastal Raider promotion.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce(Leader and Civ Icons), Janboruta(Longship Icon), regalman (Map), TPangolin (Leaderscene)
Graphics - Danrell (Longswordsman Viking v3)
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi Pay the Iron Price

Note: if you have the 1066: Year of Viking Destiny Scenario you will see the Longboat and Huscarl models, instead of Trireme and Danrell Models.

Spoiler :
Hear Me Roar: +1 Gold for each City Connections. Gold resources provide double quantity.

Lionhead Militia: The Lionhead Militia is the Lannister unique unit, replacing Pikeman. It is an army well trained and armored, made ​​up of Pikemen and Macemen. The Lionhead Militia receives a bonus when fighting against mounted units and unlike Pikemen that are weak versus other melee units, the Lionhead Militia is more strong against melee units cause of the Macemen in the backline.

Goldwork: The Goldwork is the Lannister unique Building. It replaces the Mint and, unlike it, the Goldwork gives +2 Gold per turn from Gold and Gems, +1 from Silver and Pearls resources. City must have an improved source of at least one of Gold or Silver nearby.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce(Leader and Civ Icons, DoM), Janboruta(Unit Icon(recolered)), sukritact (Map), TPangolin (Leaderscene)
Goldwork idea - WHoward
Graphics - Danrell (Maceman (modified textures) )
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi A Lannister Always Pays His Debts

Spoiler :
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken: Lost cities generate units and remain in resistance until war is over. Land Military Units ignore terrain cost and may withdraw, when faced with melee attacks, in Desert.

Sand Steed: The Sand Steed is the Martell unique unit, replacing the Knight. The main feature of the Sand Steed is its exceptional mobility that allows him to appear out of nowhere, strike at a weak point, and then disappear again, leaving the enemy to wonder what's happened to him. Also, Sand Steed produces Great Generals faster, so use it as much as possible.

Qanat: The Qanat is the House Martell unique building. It provides access to underground aquifers, allowing tiles immediately adjacent to the city access to a source of fresh water. As such, it does not need to be built next to an existing source of Fresh Water, unlike the Watermill which it replaces.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce (Leaderscene, DoM, Leader and Civ Icons), regalman (Map), Tomatekh (Building Icon)
Lua - Jamforce
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi Oathkeeper

Note:
Withdraw Chance: 30% .

Spoiler :
Winter is Coming: Founding cities reveals all tiles within its working radius. Cities founded on or adjacent to Snow or Tundra receive more Food on those tiles and Faith from Forests, and claim all unclaimed resource. Combat bonus within own territory.

Direwolf: The Direwolf is the Stark unique unit, replacing Scouts. Excellent at exploring, this Unit is not slowed by rough terrain, can enter enemy territory without open borders and horrify the adjacent enemies, however is not capable of taking enemy cities, cannot be upgraded and have no defensive bonuses.

Walls of Winterfell: The Walls of Winterfell is the Stark unique building. It replaces the Walls. This building significantly boost the city's defensive capabilities.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce(DoM and Icons), sukritact (Map), TPangolin (Leaderscene)
Lua - sukritact
Graphics - Kwadjh (Direwolf)
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi The King of the North

Spoiler :
Growing Strong: +15% Food in Cities connected to the Capital. Incoming trade routes generate +3 Gold and +1 Culture for you and +2 Food for the owners.

Lord Stable: The Lord Stable is the unique Tyrell replacement for the Stable. It has no maintenance cost and, in addition to the regular abilities of the Stable, it increases Gold and Production on Pasture tiles and +15 XP for Mounted Units trained in this city.

Flowers Knight: The Flowers Knight is the Tyrell unique unit, replacing Knight. This Unit gains extra strenght, a stronger flanking bonus and the Heavy Charge Promotion, that allows him to force the enemy defender to retreat if it inflicts more damage than it receives.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce (DoM, Leaderscene, Leader and Civ Icons), Janboruta (Unit Icon(recolered)), sukritact (Map)
Graphics - Nutty (Russian Knight (modified textures) )
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi Stand and Fight

Spoiler :

Edmure

Family, Duty, Honour: Rivers act as roads for creating city connections. Units ignore terrain costs when moving in any tile adjacent to a River and suffer no attack penalty when fighting across Rivers.

Riverside Castle: The Riverside Castle is the unique Tully replacement for the Castle. In addition to his regular abilities, it adds Gold and Production potential on river and lake tiles and gives +15 XP for archery units trained in this city. To make the best use of these bonuses, you must make sure you settle your cities near as many river or lake tiles as you can.

Ferry: The Ferry is the unique Tully replacement for the Water Mill. Provides +10% Food. Each worked Lake and River tile provides +1 Food. City must be built next to a Lake or River.

Brynden

Family, Duty, Honour: Choose an unique, wartime bonus upon the outbreak of war against a major civilization. Units ignore suffer no attack penalty when fighting across Rivers.

Riverside Castle: The Riverside Castle is the unique Tully replacement for the Castle. In addition to his regular abilities, it adds Faith and Production potential on river and lake tiles and boost the Great General generation in this city. To make the best use of these bonuses, you must make sure you settle your cities near as many river or lake tiles as you can.

Ferry: The Ferry is the unique Tully replacement for the Water Mill. Provides +1 Faith. Each worked Lake and River tile provides +1 Food. City must be built next to a Lake or River.

Credits:

Author - Jamforce
Artwork - Jamforce (DoM, Leader and Civ Icons), Janboruta(Building Icon), sukritact (Map), TPangolin (Leaderscene)
LUA - JFD
War Theme - Ramin Djawadi Three Blasts

Note:
The "Rivers act as roads for creating city connections" part of the Tully trait is realized with the inclusion of the "WHowhard : Trait - River Connection (v 2)".
The Wartime Bonus are: For Family: 25% stronger while fighting in the Capital; For Duty: Unit maintenance costs reduced by 25%; For Honour: Great Generals and Great Admirals are generated 25% faster.

City States

50 City States added (playable limit is 41), each of them with an unique City State Screen.​

Spoiler :
Crownlands: Bar Emmon, Celtigar, Seaworth, Sunglass, Velaryon;
Dorne: Allyrion, Blackmont, Dayne, Gargalen, Qorgyle, Uller, Yronwood;
North: Bolton, Glover, Karstark, Manderly, Mormont, Reed, Umber;
Reach: Florent, Hightower, Oakheart, Redwyne, Rowan, Tarly;
Riverlands: Blackwood, Bracken, Frey, Mallister, Mooton, Whent;
Stormlands: Connington, Dondarrion, Estermont, Selmy, Swann, Tarth;
Vale: Belmore, Corbray, Redfort, Royce, Waynwood;
Westlands: Brax, Clegane, Crakehall, Lefford, Marbrand, Westerling;
Factions: King's Landing, Night's Watch;

Symbols taken from:
AshepDeviantArt, LiquidSoulDesign, SiriusCrane

Religions

Four religions available: the Drowned God, the Old Gods, R'hllor, the Seven.​

Spoiler :
Religions
The Drowned God: The Drowned God, also known as He Who Dwells Beneath the Waves, is a sea deity worshiped solely by the Ironborn in Westeros. The religion of the Drowned God is old, dating back to before the Andal Invasion. The Andal invaders of the Iron Islands converted to the local religion rather than supplant it with the Seven as they did in the south of Westeros. The Drowned God religion supports the ironmen's naval, pirate culture;

The Old Gods: The Old Gods of the children of the forest, are nameless deities of stone and earth and tree, which were named so by the followers of the Seven ("New Gods") that replaced them in all but North of Westeros, where it's still practiced strongly by Northmen, Crannogmen and Free Folk from Beyond the wall;

R'hllor: R'hllor, also known as the Lord of Light, the Heart of Fire, the God of Flame and Shadow, is a prominent god on Essos, but has only a few followers in Westeros, where he is more commonly known as the Red God. His symbol is a fiery heart;

The Seven: The Faith of the Seven, often simply referred to as "the Faith", is the dominant religion of the Seven Kingdoms. The Faith worships the Seven, a single deity with seven aspects or faces, each representing a different virtue. Worshipers pray to specific aspects of the Seven for help and guidance depending on their need.

Religious Building
Altar of Seas: +2 Happiness +1 Culture +2 Faith (+1 Culture and +1 Faith per salt worked by city). Can only be built in coastal cities. Requires Altars of Seas belief;
Goodswood: +1 Happiness +2 Culture +2 Faith (+2 Faith from forest). Requires Goodswood belief;
Red Temple: +2 Culture +2 Faith (+1 Culture and +1 Faith per incense and wine worked by city). Requires Red Temples belief;
Sept: +1 Happiness +1 Culture +1 Faith 1 Great Work of Art slot. Requires Septs belief.

Other
Missionary and Inquisitor Units renamed to Septon and Priest.
Various Belief text updates.
Credits:

Artwork - Janboruta (Goodswood and Sept Icons)
Text - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

Buildings

Spoiler :
Age of Heroes:

Barracks
Circus
Granary
Library
Monument
Shrine
Stoneworks
Walls
Watermill

Age of Valyria:

Amphitheater
Aqueduct
Brothel
Caravansary
City Gate
Graveyard
Jail (Courthouse)
Lighthouse
Market
Mint
Stable
Tavern
Temple
Thermae
Watchtower

Age of the Seven Kingdoms:

Alchemy Hall
Armory
Bank
Castle
Constabulary
Forge
Garden
Harbor
Observatory
Herbalist
Windmill
Workshop

Social Policies

Spoiler :

List of Modifications

Navigation:

Maritime Infrastructure - +4 Production in all coastal Cities.
Mercenary Fleet (Naval Tradition) - Allows the purchasing of Corsairs.
Merchant Navy - +2 Gold, +1 Happiness and +1 Culture for each Harbor and Lighthouse.
Treasure Fleets - +5 Gold from all your sea trade routes.

Navigation enhances your abilties to spread your empire over the seas. Adopting Navigation gives +1 Movement for Naval units and +1 Sight for Naval combat units. Unlocks building the Hightower. Adopting all Policies in the Navigation tree will grants +1 Movement for Embarked units. It also allows the purchase of Great Captains with Faith starting in the Age of the Seven Kingdoms.

Aesthetics:
Cultural Centers - Construct Amphitheaters, Monuments, Taverns and Thermae 50% faster.
Artistic Genius - The rate at which Great Artists, Musicians and Writers are born is increased by 25%. A Great Artist appears.

Aesthetics improves the civilization's ability to generate Culture. Adopting Aesthetics allows you to earn Great People 25% faster. Unlocks building the Harrenhal Fortress. Adopting all policies in the Aesthetics tree allows you to build Wonder 25% faster. It also allows the purchase of Great Writers, Artists, or Musicians with Faith starting in the Age of the Seven Kingdoms.

Tradition unlocks building the Water Gardens, Expansion unlocks building the Great Mine, Honor unlocks building the Moat Cailin, Piety unlocks building the Great Sept of Baelor, Patronage unlocks building the Red Keep, Knowledge unlocks building the Citadel, Commerce unlocks building the Kingsroad.
Ideologies disabled.

PLEASE DO NOT SPAM AND USE THE SPOILER TAG IF YOU WANNA TALK ABOUT THE ASOIAF BOOKS!​

List of thing to do:

Religion and related things - Complete
Tech Tree - Complete
Policy Sistem - Complete
Buildings and Units - Complete
Wonders - Complete
Great People and Great Work - Complete
Various text adaptations (for example Eras Name, Advisors etc) - Complete
Minor Houses (City States) - Complete
Free Folks
Civs Map (so that I can to complete the DoM)
Small Council (World Congress) and related thing ( Diplomatic Victory )
Other things, but now i dont remember D:

Looks great so far! Let me know if you need any help in terms of maps and whatever else you can think of.

EDIT: Can't see any pictures just yet.

I'm very happy to see your mod of GoT. And remember, I'm here for ideas (I already have some ideas for civs except the seven kingdoms). Like TPangolin, it's impossible to see the pictures :(

Oh My God.

This is amazing! Amazing artwork and just overall great work!
When will this gem be available for download?

On a second note, I feel like the "North" UA could need some love (its basically the same as germany).

I'd perhaps take the route of the Sami and go for a Tundra oriented civ withe benefits for defence as after all, it was their house that built the wall. Also, regarding the Baratheons - it's *Ours is the Fury and the Iron Men should probably be called Iron Man or Ironborn.

Even though I made it, the wizard (UU) icon is copyrighted and belongs to Wastelands Interactive. The game it belongs in (Worlds of Magic) hasn't been released yet, so I think it would be best if you replaced it with another icon.
Also, there's the UB icon by Sukritact here, not me.

Common courtesy would require that you asked me about altering my icons, but I understand that the Modiquette doesn't make such a requirement.

Anyway, good luck with this civ pack :) It is very pleasing graphically even at this early stage.

When will this gem be available for download?

I can't give you a precise answer about the download. Consider that I have to do some exams at the university and that we are approaching the summer :p

I'd perhaps take the route of the Sami and go for a Tundra oriented civ withe benefits for defence as after all, it was their house that built the wall. Also, regarding the Baratheons - it's *Ours is the Fury and the Iron Men should probably be called Iron Man or Ironborn.

I had already thought of something about a tundra/snow bonus, but thanks for your suggestion, I'll keep it in mind! Anyway consider that the wildlings (barbarians) are mostly present in the North and fighting them would provide to the Starks a good way to enlarge their army (as well as to accumulate experience).
Thanks for the report of the text mistakes, i had fixed them!

Even though I made it, the wizard (UU) icon is copyrighted and belongs to Wastelands Interactive. The game it belongs in (Worlds of Magic) hasn't been released yet, so I think it would be best if you replaced it with another icon.
Also, there's the UB icon by Sukritact here, not me.

Common courtesy would require that you asked me about altering my icons, but I understand that the Modiquette doesn't make such a requirement.

I found the icon on the homepage of the game, I knew that you had a part in creating various artwork. I really love this wizard icon, i will try to change the dagger with a fire/brazier. Do you think that with a modification like this I could keep the icon?

I'm sorry that the fact that I haven't advised you, about the use of your icons (I have used another 2-3 for the buildings), has been bothering you, however, know that I am very happy for the material that you put on the forum here: your work is just fantastic, the best!

Hi Jamforce.
I'm the head of Wastelands Interactive.

You can use the wizard icon.
However if you are giving the credit's to the other people's work, it would be nice to mention Worlds of Magic.
http://myworldsofmagic.com

janboruta is making splendid job for us.

If you need help with Lua/XML I would gladly help, but I know nothing (kind of like Snow) of the books and not much from the series.
The graphics are amazing.

Hi Jamforce.
I'm the head of Wastelands Interactive.

You can use the wizard icon.
However if you are giving the credit's to the other people's work, it would be nice to mention Worlds of Magic.
http://myworldsofmagic.com

janboruta is making splendid job for us.

This was pretty cool. :)

Do you need help for the city state houses? I can pump heaps out really quickly.

If you need help with Lua/XML I would gladly help

Thank you for your interest in regard of the project. I'll surely contact you in the future!

Do you need help for the city state houses? I can pump heaps out really quickly.

I've already made ​​the icons and the code for all the minor houses, missing only a few changes of the traits and the adding of few flavors.

I've taken a look at your works on the forum, they are great! I would be really happy if you could provide the Houses maps. Note that I have already asked this to sukrictat, because I used his map and wanted to keep the style, but I haven't received a reply yet. It will mean that I will send him a PM warning him that you are my new favorite cartographer :p

And how about leaderscreens?

The pictures look very beutiful!

I forgot to tell some things in my previous message:

1) You must do House Targaryen! The seven kingdoms can't be perfect without the targaryens!

2)As others said, you need to change the ua of Stark. I agree with them that you need to add bonuses from snow and tundra. And I think that the walls of winterfell is similar to the walls of babylon. I suggest to do something different about defense or some thing about hunting. Maybe a hunting lodge that have bonuses of food and pruduction ?

3) And (spoilers fron season 4 episode 8) :
Spoiler :
Did you think about doing house bolton as a civ? After this episode they started to conquer the north so it fits them to be civ and not city-state...

List of civs that'd be great:

Spoiler :
Mance Wilding civ with Giants as siege weapons
Bolton civ that can capture enemy great people and use them to annex city states :p
Renly Stormlands civ with Rainbow Guards
Braavos Venice Style civ
Martell Desert civ

Also made a quick Robb leaderscreen, do you want me to continue in this style?

Spoiler :

Top Bottom