CivV BNW -- new patch (notes) (mainly MP)

Silverfuturist, I looked over your logs. Unfortunately, all I could get from them is that your games definitely desynced. If you're interested, I could get you hooked up with the proper log settings so we could debug those desyncs.

Now for some general questions....
How often are you desyncing on turn 1 with 6 players?

Is anyone else encountering early game desyncs like this?

Yes, please tell me how to get proper log settings, if that will help fix things. I tried about 5 games today, all desynced by turn 6, and every time we lost at least 1 player.

What I don't understand is why we have to do the work by sending log files, I understand it makes it easier. Does Civ not have people who work on this game. It is not peoples computers its the game after the patch. I can understand if its happening to 1 or 2 people but ur talking about 90% of games. I have not been able to play a game since the patch...I have spammed to the people on the Nq forums to come on here and provide the logs and I will as well if I figure out how to give them to you, but seriously, playing one 5 player game and you had no problems was like a needle in a haystack..I usually always play i the NQ channel but I've tried public games now too and same thing...Also if you ave to reload the game cause of crash, the host can not move his units while everyone else can and the game is broken from then on! Also we have all tried 3,4,and 5 player games as well but to no avail...Sorry for the rant just really upset no offense to you guys! Please explain for us all exactly how to send these files, or go on and play a couple games yourself.

Agreed with the sentiment that this should be fixed without each individual having to have to go out of their way to post logs and edit files. Before the patch multiplayer worked fine and now it is broke for pretty much everyone. I only play this game with my friends and now it's unplayable. This issue needs to be fixed with another patch ASAP. Patches should improve the game not make it worthless.

I'm gonna find a way to get my log and solve this. But it's dumb to dismiss people who think it's ridiculous we have to go through this process. What about the people who aren't a part of the online community? A huge fail. Huge fail.

Here are my log files:

http://www.filedropper.com/logs_7

5 player game since start / few turns then loading screen / when got back ig one was deco / did not push further as since patch if we reload it does not solve anything

pangea / low sea level / strat ressources / fast move and fast fight / chorno tour
I use windows 7
Game worked fine in mp before patch

if you need more info let me know

everyone is encoutering the resyncs in games with 4 or more people, not neccessarily on turn 1 tho. They take annoyingly long but the game usually comes back. Once a game breaks because of a player dropping or whatever its basically over. After reload there is always at least one guy who cant move his units. People suspect that using the chat function makes the game unstable. Often once someone types something next turn game breaks.

Is there a way to get rid of this patch and play with the old one? That one was bad enough when it comes to multiplayer, but at least it allowed us to play a game.

Another crash, at turn 4 - frozen. This time 6 player.

Oh for the record, both games FFA, pangea all dlc, no mods. Windows 7.

Attachments

• LogsEnglandturn4crash.zip
    125.4 KB · Views: 110
I am playing a 4x4 team game, skirmish map. The loading screen only comes up like every 20-30 moves so far, which is normal. It just crashed about 50 turns in, we completed a game (4x4 crashes every 50 turns anyhow, we just reload - there are a lot of units in 4x4 skirmish, entire middle of map covered with them.)

Here is key point - in these games no barbs, no CS so no AI at all.

I think MadDjinn would be fascinated by our 4x4 games - big buildup, huge military, it is a different kind of civ. Game greatly differs from FFA strategy. A few guys only play this way!

Im about 1 more day from never playing this game or another sid meijer game again! I have tried over 50 games since the patch all unplayable, and its like were all lying. This is with pub games and the Nq games, so maybe madjinn or whoever else is out there try again. If you say it works fine you are the one lying!

Staying constructive and polite:

Probably facebook or twitter could be used to to keep fans informed, rather than letting ideas brew that this is a plan to increase sales for BE. Just say you made a mistake and are working on it. It's not that hard. Also, in the mean time, could we have our game back, i.e the version that worked.

Then either teamers are not affected or you are playing a different game. In FFAs reloads just dont work. Games cant be continued

After trying the new CivBE and got bored after 2 games, I went back to Civ5 yesterday.

The new patch is pretty good and I really enjoyed a nice epic single deity game. Didn't know there was a new patch until I start the game so it was a pretty nice surprise to see a Bison near my starting location.

Then, the bad part... my brother asked me to play a MP game as we do almost every week... and for the first time over a YEAR, we were just not able to play :| The game is reloading almost every turn.

After more then 30 minutes of trying, we just abandoned and I came here to see if it was a known bug....

And as I can see, this IS a know bug but people are just asking for logs logs and more logs. I just don't understand this. Don't Firaxis has testers and developers ? Did they just try the game ONCE in a multiplayer game ? Come on Madjinn. You are better than that. The game IS broken. Firaxis needs to fix this ASAP. A lot of people like me can only play deity or MP games and MP games are by far the best. CivBE was disappointing enough (I'm sure I don't have to explain why when the AI lets you take every cities with 6 units on the highest level).

So now I want to play my favorite game...Civ 5. Is there at least a way to play with the old version ? The one that was not broken you know ?

Some observations:

1. Many more resync screens than before. 3-4 turns are fine, then bam, 3-4 turns of resyncs every turn. In the past people would crash on the rsync screen but now it manages to pull through the resync.

2. Often once the loading/resync finishes and everyone gets back into the game the host and/or other players are frozen and cannot move. Then once someone leaves the game the host and/or other players can then move again.

3. When reloading the host and/or players are frozen and cannot move. Like above once someone leaves then it unfreezes. People have been leaving and then hotjoing to get the game running again.

4. Sometimes the games do work. Out of 50 FFA games post patch I have attempted so far I have experienced three that managed to get to 150-200. The games I have heard of were with 5 people only, often with no barbarians of ruins enabled and/or no CS. However resyncs happen more often than before.

5. Lots of bugs are appearing now on resyncs that never happened before like wonders missing, upgrades vanishing, etc.

I am not providing LOGS as I am not some computer expert and don't feel comfortable changing stuff like that. Surely as a company that has taken over £50 for Civ 5 (which I paid for twice) you can either a) make sure these logs are always enabled for people like me (the majority of people may I add) or b) do it yourselves. THE GAME IS BROKE SO FIX IT AND STOP CALLING US LIARS.

Very well said! You said that a lot calmer than I did. What I find amazing now is, its been 4 days since Madjinn or anything has posted a response. So either they are just ignoring us or they are working on a fix. Either way A response would be nice.

Hi all,

We're continuing to investigate the desync problem. Our QA dept has confirmed the problem is not related to playing cross-platform games (PCs with Macs). Our current theory is it has something to do with playing larger player count games (4+ players).

I will go over the rest of the posted files when I have time.

I'm playing a 2 players MP game and the game is just not playable since the patch. I played more than 1000 hours of this game before and never had those problems with MP games. So if you are focusing on larger players count game (4+), you are dead wrong.

Why dont you just roll back the last patch?
No body care about the new patch...

Top Bottom