The Spain Split

Uighur_Caesar

Comandante en Jefe
The Spain Split

As we all know, Viregel has quit modding and divided his existing and planned civs among several modders. Upon discovering this news, I PMed him and asked if the Spain Split had which claimed, and fortunately it had not. Being that I'm already 95% with the Kingdom of Navarre, I figured I might as well carry on the Spain Split for him. The Spain Split is a huge project though and I will need a lot of help which is why I've made this thread and will soon make a Trello where everyone that wants to help can join.

The civs planned for the Spain Split are: the Kingdom of Castile, the Crown of Aragon, the Kingdom of Navarre, and Francisco Franco's Fascist Spain. The one that has any work at all is Navarre which is only missing a map, text, and mod support. The other three have no work at all (except Castile which has Isabella's art but that doesn't count) and no designs.

If you are interested in helping out with the Spain Split, please PM me your email so I can add you to Trello. I'd prefer to keep the work there since it's more organized but if you want to post design ideas or art assets here for now go ahead.

I'm down with helping out. Do you want to run this on the main Civ 5 Modders Trello?

Glad to hear someone's picking it up, looking forward to see what you can make of the civ. On the art front, I'm pretty sure that Pouakai posted a map for a possible Franco civ a while back in JFD's thread, whilst COF posted one of the Spanish LH's in the Greater Europe thread. It might be worth asking either of them if said art is still available.

Or else I could just take a bunch of pictures next time I go to Medieval Times.

Can I throw in a request for Galicia and Leon? =]

I'm down with helping out. Do you want to run this on the main Civ 5 Modders Trello?

Yeah I'll be making that board soon.

Can I throw in a request for Galicia and Leon? =]

You can throw in a request but there's no guarantee they'll be done :p. Galicia was independent for a really short time and although they have their own language and culture like the Basques or Catalans, they aren't as interesting as the Basques or Catalans. Leon was part of Castile for a long time so there's probably some overlap with the two and I'm not as familiar with Leon's history as I am with the 4 that are already being made. Also, almost every civ split has 4 civs. The Polynesia split, the upcoming Greek Split, the upcoming Egypt split, JFD's England/GB Split. The only exceptions are MC's India split with 5 civs and JFD's ridiculous amount of Russian civs. So I don't want the split to grow to 5, 6, or 7 civs unless there are really good ideas for another one and a considerable amount of demand.

I think we should definitely do Habsburg Spain though, if nobody else wants to do it I'll claim it for myself under my already numerous and delayed projects :p

JFD's already doing Phillip II.
Well to quote someone:
Its a free market son, git gud.

Besides its already being heavily delayed after all his Greater Europe inheritences, or perhaps maybe Republican Spain? After all you got Franco so why not complete the set?

Republican Spain isn't as interesting to me as Franco. Although Phillip may not be coming out any time soon, JFD has not stated that Phillip has been "tentatively put aside" or "no certainty" regarding Phillip eventually being done. The only reason I'm doing Franco is because JFD used those exact words when I asked him about Franco on his thread and then I PMed him if I could do Franco in that case. Considering how Phillip is not shown on his Alt leaders section, he is probably low on JFD's list, but he's still shown interest in doing him like when he said "But I'll keep the one map of everything updated, especially after Philip II takes over the rest of the world", so it's not like he's put him off to the side completely like Franco. Unless JFD says he no longer plans to do Phillip or he says that Phillip can be included in this split, I'm not going to ask him if I can take another one of the civs he's had planned for a long time.

Oh right, now I remember what I did with my Spain Split civilization designs.

I must make a Trello account now?

So, just in case some of you forgot this was a thing, I'm currently working on the Spain Split. Navarre is 99% (just needs events and TSL) and I did half of Aragon's code in the last 2 hours. The project will not be hard to code as long as I will myself to code. However, willing myself to do pedias for all those civs will be difficult and my inability to do anything artistic is also a hindrance.

So, for those of you who have been waiting for the Spanish Split for years, you can accelerate the project tremendously by assisting with pedias and art. No pedias have been done at all. Here's the current state of the art:

Navarre: Completely Done

Aragon: LS and map done

Castile: LS done (obviously) and map done

Franco: Map done

So I need all the icons for the new civs and Franco's LS. I'd like to keep some secrecy regarding design to keep the release more exciting so if you are interested in helping out, please PM me so I can provide details about what's needed.

With the help of the community, I could probably have the whole thing done by New Years so if you want to see the Spain Split ASAP, please consider lending a hand :)

You have the icon for Navarre I believe, what other icons do you need?

You could use my design for Castile that I posted in the Mechanics Design Challenge. Although you might need to remove the "exclusive victory condition" part if it's too hard to mod. Also, I PM'ed you.

Yeah I do. I think SnowyNix said he was going to do the icons for the civs themselves, but I'll ask him again soon. I'm going to ask Jan if I can borrow his Fascist Spain icon since JFD gave me permission to do Franco a few months ago since Franco was near the bottom of his priority list anyway. All the UUs and UB need their icons so if that's something that interests you, I'll PM you what they are so you could help out with some.

Top Bottom