The Spain Split

OK then. Maybe, after we release the first version of the mod, we can add our own Galicia and Leon (it's not as if authors hold monopolies on civilisations).

I'm reading that the idea of Champi Khan was making Galicia, Catalonia and Euskadi. That's a nice pack to the three co-languages of the Spanish actuality. Maybe we could help him (god, first thing is ask him, right?) if he needs help with them. It seems that the three Civs suit very well together in another pack, but not in this one.

Ey guys, I'm sorry if I'm bringing problems to all this. That was the last thing I wanted to do! Please, stay at your first idea, I'll try to collaborate with what you wanted to do since de beginning!

¡No hay ningún problema! I was considering adding Galicia, Leon, Asturias, and a bunch of other Spanish civs at the beginning of planning this split, but I settled for the current 4 since I think they're the most iconic and easiest to do. If anything I may end up doing my own Galicia or Asturias or Leon at a different point in time like TimeWalker suggested.

Talking about Asturias, are you going to put the vanilla Spain icon aside? Because the only civ it really fits is Asturias, and even then just taking the cross used in their flag would be much better.

No one will be using the vanilla Spain icon. Castile will get a castle obviously, Franco gets El Falange, Aragon gets their shield thing, and Navarre gets the chain looking things in their coat of arms. Also, anybody got color suggestions? Red and yellow is used by all of them so should variety would be nice.

White and black for Franco, Yellow and purple for Castile, Yellow and Red for Aragon and slightly darker red with yellow for Navarre.

Not white and black for franco pls - I like the idea of relatively similar colours for all of them, its what JFD does with his alternate leaders and its cool

Not white and black for franco pls - I like the idea of relatively similar colours for all of them, its what JFD does with his alternate leaders and its cool
JFD has a lot of alternate leaders with different schemes, see: Hannibal, Henry's England, Alexander's Russia, and I'm sure that Jan doesn't choose colour schemes with the intention of looking similar to the original civs in mind, but rather because they fit the civ and look good. Besides, these aren't alternate leaders, they're full fledgling different civs that people will probably want to play with in the same match, so they should have pretty different colour schemes.

Castile could get a red background with yellow symbol like in their coat of arms, but personally I'd make it inverted (Red castle with yellow background like in JFD's Castile). However, this would probably conflict with Aragon and their also yellow-red coat of arms, so it only depends on which one of the two you wish to bestow the coveted yellow-red combo. I associate yellow with Castile more, so I'd give that to them. Paradox made me associate Aragon with brown/orange (Which is the combination of yellow and red, so hey, it fits too ;)), so I'd probably go with that too, and give Navarra a red background with a different shade of yellow.

Franco would get something low saturated and dead-looking like the other WW2 civs.

Not everything AHS to involve red, FFS.

Not everything AHS to involve red, FFS.
It kinda does, when all of them use red prominently, and all of them are known for it. The thing is to decide which one of them to compromise and give a non-reddish colour, and it depends only on uighur's preference.

I'd say Franco or Castile.

I'd say Franco or Castile.
Franco can have a darker icon in line of other ww2, ergo, even if it uses red it would be something dark/low satured as opposed to bright and vibrant shades of red that could be used for Castile, Aragon and Navarre.

So I'd think of franco as an "apart" from the rest of the civs from this split, and "ignore" him when considering which colour schemes the kingdoms should use. You can notice that England, France, America, USSR and Japan from JFD's WW2 civs have dark, gritty versions of their "normal" counterparts.

We can always reference the historical authority, Medieval Times.

I'd say Purple and Yellow for Castille, Mahogany and Goldenrod for Aragon, Bronze and Scarlet for Navarra, and Dark Fuchsia and Bright Yellow for Franco

Top Bottom