The Spain Split

Sounds good!

Weren't we working on some webpage? Trello or something? Whatever happened to that?

The Trello is still there, I just forgot about it and got motivated to start working on the Spain Split again today. Everyone who was already there can continue to contribute and we'll still be discussing design and whatnot there, it's just that no one there is an artist so I wanted to see if there were any that were interested in helping.

Well, I'm more interested in the Pedias, mostly because I'm a native spanish speaker so I suspect I'll have an easier(ish) time writing them.

These coming weeks may be a bit busy, but I could certainly find time to write the pedias for the civilizations that are closer to being released.

OK, considering that not many people are working on the Trello, here's my full Castile design, designs and whatnot:

Spoiler :
The Kingdom of Castile, as led by Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar

Unique Ability: Defenders of the True Faith
Castile has an exclusive way to achieve victory: to do so, you must capture all cities controlled by the founder of the first religion in the game and remove all traces of that religion from the map. If you are the first civilisation to found a religion, then the victory condition requires the extermination of the second religion. +1 Happiness :c5happy: per 4 followers of your religion in foreign cities and +4 Local Happiness :c5happy: every time you capture a city belonging to another religion.

Unique Unit: Calatravan Knight
The Unique Lancer of the Castilian civilisation. Does not start with the Formation I promotion, but instead starts with the Charge promotion. 5 movement :c5moves:, up from 4. No combat penalty when defending. +25% combat strength :c5strength: when fighting a unit built in a city following a differing religion to your own. Upgrades to Cavalry rather than the Anti-Tank Gun.

Unique Building: Alcalá
The Unique Castle of the Castilian civilisation. The Alcalá increases the range :c5rangedstrength: of the city it is built in by 1.

Decisions:

Inquest other Religions
Spoiler :
As we meet new civilisations and explore the world, we are beginning to meet people who believe in differing gods, and this liberalism is having an effect on our people. Castilian citizens are beginning to understand other faiths, and have started to question our very own. This must be resolved now, and if we have to upset our citizens, then it is all in the name of our god.

Requirements: You have founded a religion. There is another religion in one of your cities. It is the Medieval Era or later.
Costs: 4 Global Happiness :c5unhappy:. 2 Magistrates :c5greatperson:.
Effects: All of your cities are automatically converted to your religion. Doubled religious pressure of your religion onto your cities.

Form Spanish Nation Militaristically
Spoiler :
Global expansion in newly discovered areas and the establishment of colonies is transforming Spain into one of the most powerful and wealthiest nations of our time. Spanish explorers are constantly moving into new territories and extending our borders. Immense amounts of gold and silver are being brought back to our motherland, filling the coffers of our state Treasury.

Requirements: Spain is not in the game. You control three cities that were not founded by you. It is the Medieval Era or later.
Costs: 4 Magistrates and 1 Great General :c5greatperson:.
Effects: Gain the ability to build Tercios. Additionally, food :c5food:, production :c5production:, science :c5science: and gold :c5gold: yields from settled Natural Wonders are doubled, and gain 250 gold :c5gold: (on Standard speed) for each Natural Wonder you find or have already found.

I think we should use Scott's UB, my UA and perhaps a combination of Scott's and my UB for Castile.

I'm going to ask Jan if I can borrow his Fascist Spain icon since JFD gave me permission to do Franco a few months ago since Franco was near the bottom of his priority list anyway.

You'll find this to be Pouakai's or Viregel's actually - can't remember specifically.

Yep, I'd be happy to help with the pedias too.

Are any pedia texts still needed?

Yep, I'd be happy to help with the pedias too.

Yeah. I need the pedias for: Aragon, James I of Aragon, Fascist Spain, Francisco Franco, and all of the uniques except Navarre's. Let me know which ones you'd be interested in writing.

I can give fascist Spain a shot. This is the first time I have worked on a mod, so it might not be that good. Also, I might have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for break. If you're willing to risk me, I'll happily give it a go.

You never did the Amalek pedias, Natan.

!?
I assume its related to one of the problems you mentioned you had, otherwise its just rude.
I sent you Pedias a long time ago. Heck, you gave me a 'special thanks' in your mod.

@Uighur: When you need them to be ready? Im having some problems with my schedule recently...

Sorry man, my memory's failing me then. Can you resend please?

Pedia enteries!!!

Sabu Nagib
Spoiler :
Sabu nagib

Strategy
The Sabu nagib is the Amalekite unique unit, replacing the spearman. It is both faster and starts with the drill I promotion, making it suited for both defending and attacking on rough terrain, as the Sabu Nagib gains a 5% combat boost per each unit it has killed.

History
Sabu nagib were the backbone of the armies of ancient Canaan. Fully equipped troops that served on regular basis, they could be clearly distinguished from the irregulars and the militias and were usually commanded by a Muru- u on the battlefield.

Sacred Palms
Spoiler :
Haram

Strategy
The Sacred Palms are the Amalekite unique building, replacing the temple. In addition to its effects, the Sacred Palms also provide food and additional growth during wartime, allowing your cities to grow while investing in unit production.
History
Coming from Arabia to the desert of Southern Israel, Palms were very common in the Amlekite territory and were sometimes regarded as a holy place, or a Haram.

Those are the right UB and UU, right?

Well, its rather short, but... :p

@Natan: I don't have a specific time I need them by since I have no idea when I'll get art since no one has volunteered yet and I haven't asked anyone, but if you could have to done by Christmas that would be great. Which ones do you want to work on?

I think I'll start with Aragon, no promises though. I have some school projects that I need to work on...

Top Bottom