Satya Yuga || Civ of South, Southeast Asia, and "Cairo to Cathay".

poom3619

Ping Pang Poom!

Spoiler :

[PLACEHOLDER COOL MAP]

Satya Yuga is the "Yuga (Age or Era) of Truth", when humanity is governed by gods, and every manifestation or work is close to the purest ideal and humanity will allow intrinsic goodness to rule supreme. It is sometimes referred to as the "Golden Age". The Satya Yuga lasts 1,728,000 years. The goddess Dharma which symbolises morality, stood on all four legs during this period. Later in the Treta Yuga it would become three, and two in the later Dvapara Yuga. Currently, in the immoral age of Kali, it stands on one leg.

This mod project aim to represent civilization in South Asia and Southeast Asia even more. The region have diverse and interesting people, culture, history and leader which mostly unknown to others.

Planned civ :

Claim :
Spoiler :

Mysore (Tipu Sultan)
Kuru
Kashmir (Didda)
Taungoo (Bayinnaung)
Ajurran Sultanate
Wa (Himiko)

Future expansion :
- Old Japan
- Non dynastic China
- Dynastic China
- More India and Southeast Asia state
- Somewhere with more pronounceable name

Foreign relation :
Spoiler :
Under construction

Help wanted (as of 21 March)
- Design of Tambralinga and Dvaravati
- Leaderscene of Shin Sawbu and "Kannauj Triangle's" Rulers
- Opinions about current civ design.

----
Current design:

Note that name in quote is meant to be placeholder.

Pratihara (Nagabhata I):

UA : Legacy of Rajasthan - All Building that gain Faith also give culture equal to unaltered faith yield. Cavalry have stronger flanking bonus.

UI : "Pratihara Vihara" (Holy site) - gain +2 Culture more than normal Holy Site. After discovered Archaeology. The bonus increase by +1 culture and +2 tourism.

UU : (Replacement of Horseman and Knight, unlocked at Horseback Riding)

____

Pala (Gopala I) :

UA : The Protector Rajas : Every non-puppeted city non-Capital will randomly have a "Raja" that give random bonus to the city.

UGP : Mahasenapati (Great General) - May attack and defend. Stronger with each military technology. Any Barbarian and City-state unit defeated within range will give gold.

UB : (University replacement)

---

Rashtrakuta Dynasty - Amoghavarsha I

UA: Rajadhiraja
Allied or puppeted city states provide 25% of their production, gold and food to the capital

UTI: Cave Temple
Available at Engineering
May only be constructed on Hills
+1 culture and faith
+2 faith and culture for every individual religion

UB: Tax House
Replaces Mint
No resource requirement
No gold from gold or silver
If the city is landlocked, then the Tax House yields +1 gold on each luxury
If the city is coastal, then it yields +2 gold for each Cargo Ship within 3 tiles of the city, and +2 gold from sea trade routes coming to or from the city.

---

Hanthawaddy : Shin Sawbu

UA : Golden Traders: Trade Route Range increased by 25%, +2 Gold from trade routes to cities following the same religion, including owned city.

UU : Heroes of Razadarit (replaces G.General): +20% Boost during Golden Ages. When destroyed, inflicts damage on the unit that destroyed it.
Alternative name: Mon Thuye'kaung

UB : Zedi (replaces Temple): +1 Culture. +2 Gold in trade routes going to a unique other civilisation.

May I request a Queen Didda of Kashmir civilization to be considered here?

Either way, nice, I was really feeling like Central (and, er, South) Asia were kinda lacking in civilizations, so this should fill the gap nicely.

Hype! Looking forward to seeing your civs!

I'd bet I could whip out some icons if you had any ideas for the symbols/colors to use. :)

I'd bet I could whip out some icons if you had any ideas for the symbols/colors to use. :)

Thanks. I am figuring out what should I use for Indian state

You could use this for "Dva" and "Tamba" icons.

You can use one of the deer since it is pretty recognizable for me. Also you can use only interior for it. I think.

(Dva) http://dev.thaipoem.com/common/images/m-content-poem/98892.jpg

(Tamba) https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b5/Seal_Nakhon_Si_Thammarat.png?1456268711620

About the color. I think Senshi's Green and Olive civ is really good for Dvaravati. But you could modify it. :lol:

Tambaringa could be a dark shade of Purple and gold. Purple shouldn't be too close to Champa Purple in this civ .

I am figuring out the symbol and color for the rest of the civ.

Made an Icon for the Dva!
Spoiler :

Also one for the Tamba!
Spoiler :

Please do contact if more is needed! :)

The first one might look better with just the middle thing and not the animals?

Thanks, Keniisu. I would like to have more detail in the icon, BTW.

The first one might look better with just the middle thing and not the animals?

Well, you have a good point.

BTW, I currently literally no idea for design of civ, so any suggestion is very welcomed.

EDIT : I realized I didn't specify what I meant forSenshi's Green and Olive I also not really sure I grasped what is "olive" color.

Thanks, Keniisu. I would like to have more detail in the icon, BTW.

Well, you have a good point.

BTW, I currently literally no idea for design of civ, so any suggestion is very welcomed.

It's hard to do a design without some form of idea and I usually do Leader icons more frequently so it'd be tough to add more stuff to the icon at this point...

Just for the record, my "Green and Olive" it was supposed to be brown and green is #BF956C on #005826

EDIT : I realized I didn't specify what I meant forSenshi's Green and Olive I also not really sure I grasped what is "olive" color.

I see you finally decided on a name for your thread. Congrats! That color scheme is less Olive Green and more Forest Green to my eyes.

Poom civ hype! shame I haven't heard of any of them (well, I guess that's what civ modidng's for!)

Hope you come up with some good designs - are there any you're struggling on?

Top Bottom