The Remembered: obscure civilizations of interest

Hiram

XML Plebian
Civ V is in good working order for me now thanks to YNAEMP, so I've been tempted back into the world of civ modding. This is my 'reunion album', so to speak.

Download Slovenia

Credits:
Poom3619 - Map
The Specialize - Leader art
AgressiveWimp - UU & UB icons
SenshiDenshi - DOM + diplomacy text, Leader icon (soon)

Download Oxus

Credits:
qqqbbb - Lua

I'll be releasing these when I can, got a busy life right now. Trying to work on them at a steady pace when inspiration strikes.

Given that my other civs are now in the hands of other, more capable modders, the plan is that I will donate these civs to any takers who want to make tweaks/add mod support, etc.

Looking good!

Looking forward to this! Let me know if I can help in any way because I'm often bored ;)

Punished "Venom" Hiram
A Fallen Legend

In all seriousness, it's good to see you back in the game, Hiram. You may not have heard, but the AI took over in your absence and foolishly gave all your cities away. I'm happy to see you start rebuilding your empire, though.

Welcome back :) !
I do have some questions, though:
Regarding the Mountaineer Regiment UU, do they still take damage, like the Carthagians do, when stopping their turn on a mountain tile?
And regarding the Copper Age Riches, as the Jewelry (Typo) Resource is probably provided with a dummy building, if someone captures a city, do they gain the resource or is it lost, like in city-state cases?

Welcome back :) !
I do have some questions, though:
Regarding the Mountaineer Regiment UU, do they still take damage, like the Carthagians do, when stopping their turn on a mountain tile?
And regarding the Copper Age Riches, as the Jewelry (Typo) Resource is probably provided with a dummy building, if someone captures a city, do they gain the resource or is it lost, like in city-state cases?

I'll need to test the Mountaineer when I do my first build of the civ. I'm not sure whether <canmoveallterrain> negates the mountain damage or not.

Jewellery will be linked to the same dummy building that gives the culture yields, which will have a "nevercapture" column.

Punished "Venom" Hiram
A Fallen Legend

In all seriousness, it's good to see you back in the game, Hiram. You may not have heard, but the AI took over in your absence and foolishly gave all your cities away. I'm happy to see you start rebuilding your empire, though.

I'm using this as my avatar now if you don't mind :D.

Looking forward to this! Let me know if I can help in any way because I'm often bored ;)

DOM and diplomacy text for Slovenia? :D

DOM and diplomacy text for Slovenia? :D

I'm not that great at DOM and diplo (the only leader I've done it for at this point is Jandamarra) but I'll see what I can do ;) ;) ;)

Dawn of Man said:
Blessings upon you, Milan Kucan, first president of the Republic of Slovenia! Following Slovenia’s declaration of independence from Yugoslavia, you led the newly founded nation in grand levels of economic and political progress unparalleled in Central and Eastern Europe, as well as working tirelessly to develop strong international relationships, solidifying your country’s recognition in the global sphere. Even after ten years as leader and representative of your great nation, you remained an active participant in its politics, leading strong campaigns which resulted in Slovenia becoming a full member of both the EU and NATO. Truly, you are the most influential figure in your country’s short history.

Oh, Milan Kucan, your people call for your guidance once more! Can you push your great country ever onwards to progress? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Greetings said:
Greetings, and welcome to Slovenia. I trust you are comfortable? If there is any way I can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Defeat said:
I have failed to protect my great and equal people. Now history will have to judge me.

These alright? I don't think they're that great, to be honest :/

I tried to make him be friendly, but also somewhat reserved. Not sure if it worked.

I had a go at doing a leader icon,by the way. Not that there's anything wrong with the current one, I just felt like it :p

I had a go at doing a leader icon,by the way. Not that there's anything wrong with the current one, I just felt like it :p

Awesome, I think I'll use this!

I'm considering making a Lapita culture civ. Anyone got any ideas for a build? I'm thinking very early naval/trade based.

Awesome, I think I'll use this!

I'm considering making a Lapita culture civ. Anyone got any ideas for a build? I'm thinking very early naval/trade based.

Thanks! ;)

I don't have anything solid for the Lapita, but I was actually looking into them recently :p Assuming the capital would be Teouma? Anyway, maybe the UA could include something like "Coastal Cities produce Trade Units 50% faster"? Seems somewhat fitting for what we know about them. Maybe an Outrigger Canoe UU? I believe the Tongan name for that canoe is P&#333;pao.

At the moment I'm considering this:

UA: Cradle of the Pacific - Receive a gold and culture bonus when settling cities on new landmasses. 15% more growth in coastal cities.

UB: Stone Oven - Replaces Monument - Provides +1 culture and 1 Lapita Pottery luxury resource (Lapita pottery spread widely through Polynesia through trade)

UU: Va'a - Replaces Settler. Can embark immediately and traverse oceans. +2 movement range.

The leader will be fictional of course. Will probably go with &#699;O le tamaita&#699;i (Samoan word for noblewoman).

At the moment I'm considering this:

UA: Cradle of the Pacific - Receive a gold and culture bonus when settling cities on new landmasses. 15% more growth in coastal cities.

UB: Stone Oven - Replaces Monument - Provides +1 culture and 1 Lapita Pottery luxury resource (Lapita pottery spread widely through Polynesia through trade)

UU: Va'a - Replaces Settler. Can embark immediately and traverse oceans. +2 movement range.

The leader will be fictional of course. Will probably go with &#699;O le tamaita&#699;i (Samoan word for noblewoman).

I like it. Although maybe the Va'a could get its +2 movement only when embarked, like the Merchant of Venice? That'd encourage coastal settling a lot more.

Top Bottom