New First Look Video: Builders

I'm liking this 2 vids a week thing.

me too. :)

This video gives us lots of new screenshots to dissect.

Notice that the builder can improve sea resources. It becomes a boat unit when you move it into a sea tile and then you get the option to build the sea improvement.

Thebes is Egypt's capital in this video.

Also, one of the Encampments has a Stable.

me too. :)

This video gives us lots of new screenshots to dissect.

Notice that the builder can improve sea resources. It becomes a boat unit when you move it into a sea tile and then you get the option to build the sea improvement.

I suspected that was the case. We've not seen Work Boats in the build list. It's even more reason to never found a city directly on the coast.

Looks like work boats is gone and we use workers to build improvements in the water instead now.

It's even more reason to never found a city directly on the coast.

The only advantages I see with building a coastal city are:
- If you want to be able to build naval units without first building a harbor district.
- If there are sea resources that can only be improved by a coastal city (ie they would outside the range of a city one tile inland). Coastal cities could improve sea resources sooner since their borders would encompass the resource sooner. The player would not need to wait for borders to expand or buy tiles as much to reach the sea resource.

Chopped the jungle on the bananas instantly.

Hm in this video there is an encampment right next to a city-tile. Didn't they say in some interview it has to be built at least two tiles away?

Hm in this video there is an encampment right next to a city-tile. Didn't they say in some interview it has to be built at least two tiles away?

They did say that, however when they make these videos they use a "cheat" to plop down anything and everything to show off the game, and by doing so they bypass certain rules.

Bananas give gold rather than food... :think:

Swenett is also the capital @1:19. They are toying with us:crazyeye:

I remember one of the two youtubers that played 60 turns early on mention (think it was quill18) that each civilization has more than one capital name, so you can get different ones at different games.

I remember one of the two youtubers that played 60 turns early on mention (think it was quill18) that each civilization has more than one capital name, so you can get different ones at different games.

Giza and Swenett are weird choices for even a short list of capitals. Giza is Medieval in origin and Swenett wasn't even a regional capital.

Top Bottom