New First Look Video: Builders

I suspected that was the case. We've not seen Work Boats in the build list.

We haven't seen any boats in the build list yet.

That said, this is a change they should have made ages ago, as it's pretty intuitive.

Tuesdays for new civs, Thursdays for mechanics. I'm liking this.

Except when they both came out on monday last week? :crazyeye:

Chopped the jungle on the bananas instantly.

I'm curious what tech requirements will exist for Builders to do their business. Do we still need things like Calendar and Iron Working to build a plantation on a jungle? Is it more streamlined?

My curiosity is piqued by the fact that building a Quarry provides a eureka for masonry, where as in civ5, masonry unlocked quarries.

Not related to builders, but since Civ6's Egypt got Civ5's Rome colors, I'm wondering which colors Rome will get. Maybe red and yellow/golden, like Civ5's Persia?

Not related to builders, but since Civ6's Egypt got Civ5's Rome colors, I'm wondering which colors Rome will get. Maybe red and yellow/golden, like Civ5's Persia?

Those are not quite Rome's colors from CiV. I think they are closer to CiV Egypt. Anyone else agree?

Thebes seems to be the most logical capital. Giza didn't exist back in ancient times and Swenett is modern day Aswan. I dislike this inconsistency, either use only modern names or original names but don't use them both mixed up.

Thebes seems to be the most logical capital. Giza didn't exist back in ancient times and Swenett is modern day Aswan. I dislike this inconsistency, either use only modern names or original names but don't use them both mixed up.

It's a game where you take one "civilization" from 4,000 BC all the way to 2,000 AD... a mix of names from various eras actually makes the most sense for a civ that has been around as long as Egypt.

Cool video.

One thing it didn't cover is what is required to build Builders. In Civ IV, Workers halted Population growth. Wonder if it will work the same this time.

One thing it didn't cover is what is required to build Builders. In Civ IV, Workers halted Population growth. Wonder if it will work the same this time.

The video just says that builders are built in the city with production. No mention of halting production so I am guessing the answer is no.

The video just says that builders are built in the city with production. No mention of halting production so I am guessing the answer is no.

Agreed. It is possible however that whatever Government policies are in play could change the unit screenshots. Maybe a longshot, but I could see "Workers and Settlers don't halt Population growth" as a Gov policy. Probably at least some of the stats we are seeing for units are affected as well.

I'm feeling the same about coastal cities. Someone said they don't seem viable. I suspect there are government policies that specifically apply to coastal cities. Will have to wait and see if that's the case.

Those are not quite Rome's colors from CiV. I think they are closer to CiV Egypt. Anyone else agree?

Egypt is yellow and purple, exactly the same colors as in Civ V.

If it's in the game, Rome could just have the same colors reversed, as it did in Civ V. Same as with England & Japan, Perisa & Siam, etc.

Spoiler :

Egypt was yellow and purple, now it's purple and yellow. Except for the border, which seems to have the primary color on the outside now (judging by America, China and England's borders). It's a pet peeve, but I really hope they don't go with yellow and purple for Rome. Actually, nobody deserves yellow as his primary color.

Hello, I have question. In early ages I will put some districts or even wonders on some tiles. And when I discover later technologies strategic resources will start to pop up. What will happen if the show up on Wonder tile or district one ??

Hello, I have question. In early ages I will put some districts or even wonders on some tiles. And when I discover later technologies strategic resources will start to pop up. What will happen if the show up on Wonder tile or district one ??

If a resource pops up under and existing district, the district connects the resource. It is assumed the same for Wonders.

There's also a scythe-on-wheat button that looks like some sort of harvest mechanic. I remember someone a while back suggested that some crop resources (rice, wheat, etc) should be able to be moved through harvesting or whatnot. Could this be a sign that there actually will be such mechanic in the game?

If you watch the E-3 gameplay video, you will see that at about the six-minute mark, they found a new city with wheat within its borders. After the borders expand, there is a grassland across the river from the wheat. When a farm develops there, it's a wheat farm. Whether this is a result of that mechanic or just an error in the making of the video, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

It's a pet peeve, but I really hope they don't go with yellow and purple for Rome. Actually, nobody deserves yellow as his primary color.
I think Spain should be a golden yellow. I'm surprised they only ever did that in colonization. Russia this time should be a dark green instead.

A red Rome would be kind of cool, but considering how many other Civs have red I think they'll stick with purple as a primary at least
I hope its a darker red with just a hint of purple. Also, the English red is too dark for that civ. They should have more of a madder red. Either way, it looks like not many civs will have red as their primary if they're giving the Barbarians a similar colour scheme to BNW Poland.

The swordmen in the end of the video don't have the HUGE swords anymore, nice.

Maybe they changed the graphics, would be nice if Arioch uses that swordman graph in his site. :)

Maybe they changed the graphics, would be nice if Arioch uses that swordman graph in his site. :)
Already added it, but the swords appear to be more or less the same size, if you look at the shadows. The shields are different, but that could be a civ variation.

I don't think the swords are smaller, the shot is just zoomed out and you see them more edge-on. Also, they seem to have acquired a metallic sheen along with the shield. They've definitely done an art pass since the initial screenshots.

Top Bottom