Events Compendium (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Events Compendium v1:
  • Initial release.
  • Added user setting to allow disabling of Bad Events within the CP. (this is a temporary fix for the issue whereby disabling bad events via the Advanced Setup menu causes all events to be disabled. On by default as this is my preference.
  • Adapted the 3 Epithets events to CP:E.
  • Added 3 new events (Devout Catholic, Banquet, Defamation), plus 4 new small events that can fire off of one of the previous 3.
  • Added 5 new Epithets corresponding to the above events (the Catholic, the Fat, the Drunkard, the Bad, the Good).
  • Added 2 events specific to Constantine's Rome.
  • Adapted 1 Exploration event from ExCE.

The intention here is to gradually add to this, as time and will permit. I'll add to Steam once there are a fair number of events included.

Uh oh, looks like the Vox Populi's CE mod is dead. x)

Just kidding. All fun and games. Although, I do fear keep tracking on multiple componet-heavy mods may be bad for the users... but your choice.

Yup, Decisions is still very much recommended. And until I actually get around to translating *all* my events to this, Events and Decisions is still good to mix in with Gazebo's Events.

Hi, I have a question about this and about your other gameplay mods. Do I only need the core Community Patch or do I need the Community Balance Overhaul as well?

I dislike the CBO and was hoping I could avoid it ( it seriously favors wide civs in my opinion )

Hi, I have a question about this and about your other gameplay mods. Do I only need the core Community Patch or do I need the Community Balance Overhaul as well?

I dislike the CBO and was hoping I could avoid it ( it seriously favors wide civs in my opinion )

Only the core CP DLL mod - none of the CBP's balance changes.

v2:
  • Removed ExCE dependency.
  • Added 8 Colonies events (Colonial Mission, Colonial Migration, Colonial Assembly, CA: Flag Vote, CA: Freedoms, CA: Profits, CA: Trade Rights, CA: Rebellion)
  • Lowered the chance of Epithet-based and the Venturer's Service events appearing.
  • Added missing cooldowns for events.
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Venturer's Service event image was missing, making it impossible to proceed if you encountered that event.
  • Added 2 new sub-events to the Execution event (for the option where you let the criminal be executed anyway).
  • Fixed an issue whereby the Chaste vs. Homosexual event would send the same World Event regardless of the choice taken.
  • Added a third choice to the Treasure Cache event.
  • Adapted the 2 Bhutan events (Blind Monk and Influx of Migrants).
  • Fixed an issue whereby Resistance Sentiment would not increase/decrease with events.

Great to finally see this released JFD! Now, to copy the method to let all my events be used with CP:E as well.

So if we have both this mod and Events and Decisions activated, will some events that you ported to this version show up twice, or will they be compatible?

So if we have both this mod and Events and Decisions activated, will some events that you ported to this version show up twice, or will they be compatible?

They will show up twice, so you should disable Sukri's Events when using.

They will show up twice, so you should disable Sukri's Events when using.

As Sir Chrisy says, they'll show up twice. However, you may still want to use Sukritact's Events whilst I am still in the processing of converting my events (there are a plethora to get through). Otherwise, go to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Sukritact's Events and Decisions (v 3)\EventsAndDecisions_Settings.lua and you can disable events via the g_RandomEvents_Enabled option.

v3
  • Events are now enabled by default.
  • Adapted 14 events from Sukritact's E&D (Eiffel Tower, Excellent Official, Destitute Noble, Solar Eclipse, Successful Embassy, Death of a Great Artist, Incompetent Diplomat, Bountiful Harvest, Mercenaries, Beast Stalks the Capital, Technological Breakthrough, Gift to the State, Assassinated Official, Rebel Uprising)
  • Added 9 misc events (Terrible Official (x2), Excellent Official, Meagre Harvest, Beast Stalks the Capital (x5))
  • Constantine's Pagan Dissenters event will now only fire when the city has your majority religion.
  • Reduced Constantine's Circus Maximus event to 400 Gold (from 600), and this will no longer scale.
  • The Rumours event will now only fire from the Medieval Era onwards, and increased the value base rewards.
  • The Defamation event will now only fire from the Classical Era onwards.
  • Revolt/Resistance/WLTKD Sentiment effects are now scaled with era.
  • Adapted 2 events from UK (George V).
  • Added 3 Colonies events.
  • Adapted/added 35 CulDiv events.

This is great stuff! I'm glad there are many more event mods for the CP. As someone who checks your comment history at least once a day, with all this work I see directed towards the compendium are we still gonna get a RtP update this week/sovereignty in September?

Maybe. I'm burned out by the EC for now, so returning to concentrate on RtP. One more CiD update needs to come out before I can go back to Sov. (the one that adds Development), but RtP requires a hefty update to Piety and Mercs., so dunno if September is that reasonable anymore :p

Yeah, September isn't reasonable. It was too good. So is this mod, though it seems to cause a few bugs:

1. The icon for the events overview is missing.(a red square appears instead of it)
2. I had an event which adds resistance sentiment pop up 4 times, and I'm not even at turn 100 yet. Pretty sure there's an incorrect value somewhere in the code... Or somethin' :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom